Top 3 future powers you wanna see?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Circe, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Serums to me sounds like the most exciting and with the widest spectrum of possibilities of all announced and proposed powers. A short while ago I made a long post on why I think so. I know there are lots of things that might be possible, but it's a power that allows for a lot of creativity.

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...-the-light-part-ii.224725/page-5#post-2881504

If that's tl;dr for you the short answer is that Jens didn't say serums = bane exclusively, he also mentioned other serum infused heroes like Elongated man and hour man and left the door open to including other pretty cool characters.

Just a quick rundown of a few of the many characters with powers that can influence "serums" :
    Parasite
    Metamorpho
    Elasti-girl
    Elongated man
    Beastboy
    Deathstroke
    Bane

As you can see not all of them are purely Bane-like, so hopefully they'll take all those possibilities into consideration.
    • Like x 6
  2. Blackz Star Level 30

1. Serums
    2. Shadow
    3. Love
    • Like x 2
  3. Sbel Devoted Player

1. Hope
    2. Love
    3. Compassion

Basically whatever lantern they can make work for a healing power.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dametria Loyal Player

Very nice reply Val, thank you. :)

If they can get anything close to Elasti-Girl/Plastic man/Elongated Man then they'll make a believer out of me, but I just don't see the final product being as promising as the initial vision may have been.

and LOL, Hour man....
    [IMG]

At least the DPS will have to be more efficient. :p
    • Like x 2
  5. nogimmick New Player

lantern healer
    lantern healer
    lantern healer

that is all.
    • Like x 2
  6. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

1. Might and/or Kryptonian inspired
    2. Legends inspired (all the unique powers that the Legends characters have)
    3. Shape-shifting (Plastic Man or Elongated Man)
  7. tukuan Devoted Player

When I think of magic, I think of stage magic not unlike Zatanna. Some thing that spring to mind could be:
    • Pull a rabbit out of a hat, where the rabbit fights for you as a temp pet
    • Presto-chango someone's weapon, really just a weapon nerf but change their weapon style while active to pillows or something similar (might not work for certain bosses etc. but that would be a quibble)
    • Card trick, cone AoE of cards flying out in an arc
    • The thumb trick, not sure maybe a distract. Mostly this one is on the brain cause I watched a lot of Teen Titans Go with my niece this last summer
    • I would think some sort of short range teleport would be a given
  8. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

My wishlist, if there were no limitations and they could do anything, would be:

1) Elasticity/Plasticity
    2) Water (but it would have to be really fluid and dynamic. It would just be disappointing if it was basic shapes that didn't conform to the environment)
    3) Probability Control (A whole series of buffs and debuffs in a single power set)
  9. CHUD Loyal Player

I have to agree. I'm not sold on the idea of a power based on drugs.
  10. CHUD Loyal Player

I'm also not sold on the "Love" lantern power thing. It's like....what can it do???? You have your opponents getting all lovey-dovey even to the point where they start making out???

Imagine Darksied and Braniac,....or Luthor and Joker getting it on.

*getting mental visual*
    EWWWWWWWWWW
    *cleans up spewage from screen*
  11. Dametria Loyal Player

From the Wikipedia entry:
    Violet power ring

Main article: Power ring (DC Comics)
    Corp members of the Star Sapphires use violet power rings, fueled by the emotion of love. They allow the wearer to fly, generate a protective aura, and create violet light constructs.[21][25]
    Violet rings have several unique abilities. They can create crystals which can be used to imprison members of other Lantern Corps on Zamaron.[22] Over time, the rings of the prisoners trapped in stasis within the crystals are infected with violet energy. After spending enough time inside, the prisoner will emerge as a Star Sapphire.[26] The rings can also detect when a love is in jeopardy, locate it, and then create a connection to the embattled heart that can be used as a tether. Sapphires are also shown as being able to show others their greatest love.[25] Unlike constructs created by Green Lanterns, Orange Lanterns cannot absorb those made by Star Sapphires.[27] Star Sapphires appear to be able to teleport in order to escape attackers, while their energy constructs release a disorienting dust when destroyed. These two abilities can be combined effectively to avoid being pursued.[28] Violet power rings have the ability to restore the recently deceased to life by drawing power from the heart of one that loves them.[57]

- Create crystal constructs, that release a dust that stuns your opponent momentarily.
    - Possibly specialize in encasement.
    - Teleportation power
    - When in a group certain abilities could "tether" (i.e. be shared) with the weakest member of the group.

So there are some possibilities there for a unique emotional spectrum power set.
    • Like x 1
  12. space outlaw Well-Known Player

I want my feaking lantern healing power:mad: .. now I got to wait 2 years:(
    • Like x 1
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You could be waiting forever.
    • Like x 2
  14. Dametria Loyal Player

as much as I don't want to admit it...this is probably correct.
  15. ZEOKEN Well-Known Player

they wouldnt do that cause look at elec, thunder? even the damage over time is a big storm cloud
  16. ZEOKEN Well-Known Player

and they arnt going to do shadow because thy wannted to pack all the evil shadows to mental and evil celestial
  17. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Any power that would look different when used by a hero/villain, like Light and Celestial.
  18. Abisial Committed Player

Don't be such a soccer mom
    • Like x 1
  19. space outlaw Well-Known Player

I HOPE ITS NOT :cool:
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Every time somebody make a hope pun on this forum a puppy dies.
    • Like x 1