Its about time...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Azrael, Oct 22, 2014.

1. BoDyBaGz Well-Known Player

I came to the conclusion awhile ago that discussion, even constructive, is a waste of time with this game. It's better just to let it be, the devs listen to to the minority, the majority of the time, and it will never change.
    • Like x 1
  2. Sbel Devoted Player

Do you really think 25 min Artifact is Average? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  3. Elusian Crowd Control

T6 raids aint hard and the boss health is really meh. Problem why the raids are still too fast done is that its basically a movement from one boss to another, nothing much in between. The new operation is barely an exception of the case as it reads: "pile up 3 add groups from crystals, take down that no-loot boss, take down actual real first boss, listen to random talk that goes on for ages <.<, cross fingers u make it through the teleporter, pile up all adds as fast and as much as possible as they do no damage at all (free4melee without gear), enter a room with more adds, watch another too long talk, kill 2 bosses, watch another too long video sequence, get loot, get out, use replays, repeat". Gonna see first under 20 minutes videos soon.

/fixed cause I couldnt resist xD
    • Like x 1
  4. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

I am honestly without words
    • Like x 1
  5. BoDyBaGz Well-Known Player

I honestly don't know what the average of artifact is now. I haven't played much since Destiny came out, which was right after max damage. I assume it's probably even faster than 25 min., but I was just stating my observed PUG group averages before Destiny.
  6. ElvenScoundrel New Player

I wish this also applied to Themiscyra Divided. Beating Phoenix three times in a row PLUS Circe AND her sub-boss lackey gets incredibly tiring after a while. Circe is a helluva tank and takes too long to take down. It's not THAT boring of a fight, I just honestly think she takes too long to take down.
  7. quirkers Well-Known Player

I, for one, am glad for it, I wanted to like so many posts.

While I don't expect to walk into a boss battle and throw a glass of water on him and watch him melt, I also don't want to have a boring year long courtship with them either.

The high health was annoying, long enough to be boring. What storytelling there gets lost on the Boss battle. I liked the concept of League Hall alert, Intergang Op and the raids ('cept Lockdown due to rendering issues, and just didn't want to deal with it). The instances themselves were short, what prolonged the "time" was the high health.

I don't know if anyone might agree. But I would have been fine if they stayed short and had less marks. The grind is still there - I don't want everything to me either.

Similarly with T5ops, for the most part I enjoyed them, I thought they were an interesting challenge. It is just after while I would have been happy if the Central City aspect of each op had been made to its own instance. Charge a half a mark - take the mark from Metro or Gotham. Sometimes it felt like I was doing raids instead of an alert each night.

Disclaimer: I do not replay everything the first day nor do I feel the need burn out all the content in one hot minute. Nothing wrong with it, it is just not my playstyle.
    • Like x 2
  8. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Wow... this is a complete band aid. Security Breach was boring as hell, that's true. But this ain't fixing the problem. The problem are easy, obvious, repetitive boss mechanics. Increase bosses HP or decrease it, doesn't matter at all, the mechanics will still be easy. This fix and the WoTL2 difficulty level made DC Universe Online current version the easiest I've ever played. I'm literally facerolling WoTL2 with Amazon Fury gear, it is so easy that it's sad. It provides no challenge whatsoever rather than a race for who will gear up faster.

I'm completely dissapointed on how devaluated the game is in terms of difficulty. I'm completely sad about how part of the community has made the word casual mean a completely different thing. The word casual doesn't mean easy conent, the word casual doesn't mean skilless players, I myself I'm a casual player, because I do not play dialy, because I play when my schedules allow me to do so. Being casual doesn't mean been bad, being casual doesn't mean you don't want challenging content.

Please stop removing the little decency the game was left in terms of difficulty.

/rant
    • Like x 4
  9. VariableFire Loyal Player

...if you want a challenge, stay in the lower gear. See, this leaves the option open for "both" camps, the "easy" and the "hard." When you make it super hard, you basically tell the "easy" crowd to go to hell.

They may not go to hell, but they will leave the game.
    • Like x 1
  10. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

That's the most absurd argument ever. If you want a challenge you don't need to lower your gear, the game should provide enough challenges to keep the game appealing. Same argument can be said the other way around, if you want to complete content, learn the mechanics, but I guess that's too much effort ;)

And if some players may leave the game, so be it, I could care less. I pay my monthly sub whereas most of those who complain and want easy content as you are premium. We don't support the game in the same way, not even close. If a challenging game would lead you to quit, I say to you that at least in hell you won't be cold.

And since they said they won't ever add different difficulty levels (something that could solve many of the issues here) then I will defend my game preferences.
    • Like x 2
  11. VariableFire Loyal Player

Wow, and you wonder why it's taken so long for DCUO to get any sort of traction with a community response like that.
    • Like x 8
  12. Octantis New Player

I think what people want are boss fights with more than 1 or 2 gimmicks. So far I've only seen bosses that seem like one-trick ponies, or basically just one or two things to watch out for.

Up that number to like 7 or 8 and the challenge complainers will probably stop complaining. However, I don't know how many major attacks bosses can viably have in this game before memory or whatever technical excuse becomes an issue.

What I can tell at this point, though, is that the people wanting more of a challenge won't ever get it, or when they do they'll be over it in a week after they replay it enough times. Regardless, if people find the game boring, they'll always find it boring no matter what changes.
    • Like x 8
  13. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

Maybe breach will be runnable for once.
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I have no problem with the boss heath in raids what so ever. The fights last like 2 min, i don't know how that is considered long? The one thing i will say is some of the bosses have a high amounts of health in the lockdown alert but if you have 2 dps you can do it in under 15 min easy.

I really don't see how people think it takes so long to kill things its boring. If your still having trouble killing things fast after easy mode WM and max damage are out i don't know what to tell you guys.......maybe stop getting your info from the forums.
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea and just think how much faster things will die when we get the gear from this new dlc. We're gonna be doing the t6 raids in under 10 min and imo thats a joke.
  16. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Disappointed.
  17. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

Where is this posted? Can't find it anywhere.
  18. Owl Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The average player is not very good at doing damage. If you take a bell curve, the average player makes up about 68% of the community. Below average makes up 15%. The players who are seeing slightly faster times (20-30 minutes) make up about 14%. The players running the raids in 15-20 minutes make up about 2% of the community. Hate to say it, but you're actually the one in the minority group.

I don't know where you got your averages from. You must have been running with good players (that 14-16% I mentioned above). Most of my PUG runs, I do twice the damage of the 2nd dps and it takes 35-40 minutes with me doing 8-10 mil damage...

*Just looked up your character. Your skill points do indeed put you in the top 2% of that category. If you'd like to see the skill point curve, you can find it here:

• Like x 2
  20. Marine Death Committed Player

I miss how paradox and Nexus used to be. I just love the mechanics.! I cannot forget about Gates and Prime when it first came out.
    • Like x 1