Its about time...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Azrael, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Azrael New Player

Just saw this on PC test:

Group & Raid Boss Abilities
    • Reduced the health of level 104 and higher group and raid bosse
    I wonder how much they lowered it? I hope this makes Tier 6 less of a snooze fest. Its one of the main reasons I don't like the tier 6 alerts, I only do the inter-gang alert b/c its the least agonizing.
    • Like x 16
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

This is long overdue.

It would have been one thing if they were difficult fights, but it's not like the group has to watch for anything. The tank just holds the boss in 1 spot for a few minutes while the rest of the group also stands completely still for a few minutes until the boss dies.

High HP doesn't work if there's nothing to watch out for as a group. It just becomes unbelievably boring after a point.
    • Like x 23
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Lol at this, now I might come off as a bit elitest as some of you might say, but if you think the bosses have to much health you need to step up your dps game.
    • Like x 16
  4. Sbel Devoted Player

Group & Raid bosses. Hmm, I wonder if that includes alerts? Or just Raids and Bounties.
  5. Reaper501 Well-Known Player

I'm with crappy on this one, if the DLC is new, people can have little troubles until you complete the gear, but geared up correctly and having over 130 SP makes your life very comfortable. Look at that video of DOX in 3:22, Necro in 13 min Speed feat. Lockdown in 23. What else you want .....
    Gear and SP helps to be fastest
    but positioning and mechanics understanding, beats any content.
    • Like x 5
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

Well...damn lol. Wasn't expecting that so soon without a WM range nerf.
  7. ChuckLess New Player

Fail.

The point is that the content is flat out boring. Good DPS vs Bad DPS is not the issue in any way, shape or form here.
    • Like x 15
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

If you compare the time spent spamming weapon attacks vs. actually responding to alert/raid mechanics, it's overwhelmingly one sided. Regardless of how fast you do damage, the time spent on attacking far outweighs the time responding to mechanics.
    • Like x 7
  9. Original Kal Well-Known Player

:p
  10. Sapphire Melody Well-Known Player

You misunderstand. It's not about clearing the content or any mechanics, it's about that 2 DPS in full 94 gear with 170 SP still needs 5 min to kill the subboss in the LH alert, while doing little more than spamming attacks. There are literally parts of the fight where I'm rolling my eyes and think about how boring it is, because nothing's happening - I don't have to evade attacks, activate things, throw SC or anything, just stand there and spam. That's hardly challenging for anyone, it's just annoying.
    • Like x 9
  11. VariableFire Loyal Player

I'd heard that the League Hall alert was boring enough to fall asleep in before I played it.

Then I started playing it.

I nearly fall asleep every time. And that's with the "excitement" of trying to deal with invisible adds and bosses (though it loaded perfectly for me today. Hope that's a sign of a good trend).
    • Like x 3
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

You talking about the boss with the guardian?

Every time we fight that boss and the guardian shields him, I want to scream. There is no way to prevent the guardian from shielding him (as far as I know), so he's just there to make the alert drag on longer than it needs to. If anyone knows how to stop the guardian from shielding the boss, I'm beyond open to advice; I'm begging for it.
    • Like x 4
  13. Sapphire Melody Well-Known Player

Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about. I haven't found a way to prevent the shielding either. The only way I found to make this fight go faster, was going DPS too, so we were 1 tank, 3 DPS burning the guy like mad with everything we got. Guess what, still took forever.
    • Like x 5
  14. blklightning New Player

This ^^^
    • Like x 1
  15. BoDyBaGz Well-Known Player

Sooo, how long before we see the buff nature and electricity threads? You know, considering DOT based powers excel with higher boss health. I understand nerfing boss health in alerts, but raids??? WTF??? I mean, average Necro is 18 min, Artifact 22-25 min, Lockdown 25-30. How fast do we need to do content? 6 min. Necro anyone? This game makes me lol.
    • Like x 2
  16. Gucciana Committed Player

why would you even say that even if the dps is good its still boring to use that much time on a boss not everyone macros ya know
    • Like x 4
  17. blklightning New Player

The devs are "screwing it all up" if the damage isn't dealt immediately... if gear isn't earned in 1 day, and... if boss fights are too hard, too easy, or take too long. There's no winning with this community.
    • Like x 6
  18. blklightning New Player

Think to the future. Do you really want a repeat of Nexus? It's a total joke now. It's not right that the new raids should become a total joke in a matter of months.
    • Like x 1
  19. Gucciana Committed Player

i would love to have new raids with more mechanics than boss health its not exactly the funnest thing standing and spamming the same stuff over and over again and only moving out of the way here and there id rather be on my toes with mechanics through out the fight then deal with a **** ton of health and barely any mechanics
    • Like x 2
  20. MyrVell Committed Player

It's not about good or bad dps, it's about the fact that there is little else to do besides spam your min/max rotation.

I'm all for shaving a minute or two off of that.
    • Like x 4