What is War of the Light Part II's "Gimmick"?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xhalur, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

I'm afraid that is the plan, will be glad if I'm wrong though.
  2. xhalur Well-Known Player

LOL. Nothing to misunderstand.

For example, the Utility Belt introduced in Hand of Fate isn't central to that DLC's story or theme, yet it changed the way we played the game by giving us multiple new options on what we equipped our characters with. Home Turf introduced new Trinkets and armor mods. Weapon Mastery completely changed combat (for better or worse) and was originally going to be tied to Amazon Fury Part I before the Devs changed their minds and released it in a free Game Update for everyone. Same with League Halls. They are all gimmicks, or "Player Packages" as this game refers to them, that correspond with their respective DLCs and added new game mechanics for us players to learn and use.

Perhaps it is you who misunderstands things?
    • Like x 1
  3. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

l hope new Powersets will be purchaseble through Marketplace SC, because l spared there 1000 SC on future, for mah DaGrateKrushmor - the Nuclear Cyborg.
  4. SuperBell Loyal Player

I know, and that's my problem. Something that would have been part of the DLC in the past is now being sold separately for more money.
  5. SuperBell Loyal Player

So this is confirmation that powers will cost extra outside of the DLC price?
  6. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I agree. $5 to unlock and $10 to change to via respec token is very fair IMO.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They confirmed that at SOE Live 2 months ago. It's designed like this now for a couple of reasons: to push content out to us faster, which so far is definitely going down a treat for me and also to make Legendary a more attractive package.
    • Like x 3
  8. SuperBell Loyal Player

As far as I recall, they never specified a price. And I'm all for making Legendary a more attractive package, but they aren't adding anything to Legendary. They are just making Premium less attractive. I feel like this is either a blatant cash grab, "Haha, they'll buy anything so let's split content up and charge more", or a desperate cash grab, "If we don't make people pay more, we're going belly up". Either way, it doesn't feel good.
    • Like x 1
  9. SansNom New Player

So... 10$ for DLC, and 10$ for new Powerset... NICE! It's timeto sell account and leave the game.
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They never said how much the power sets would be.
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I never said they specified a price... And yes they are adding to Legendary. New Marketplace Legends characters can be bought using Marks of Legend if you're Legendary. That's a saving of $10 each time right there.
    • Like x 2
  12. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Are the DLCs going to have more content now that the constraints of having a power occasionally packaged with a DLC is gone?
  13. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

War of the Light Part Deux: This time its no gimmicks needed.
  14. FiveByFive New Player

DLCs don't come with "gimmicks" anymore. They stopped doing that and announced it at SOELive this year.
  15. Omega Boy Committed Player

How has content came out any faster? It was still a 3 month wait for the DLC, and now we have to wait even longer for the power.

Also the announcement about separating legends from DLCs came after it was already done. Supergirl and Wonder Girl were already separate from any DLC. Only a few DLCs ever had legends anyway so I'm fine with those being separate, but the powers being separate helps no one.
  16. ChuckLess New Player

This game makes it's money off the things other games do for free (power/movement respec, instance resetting etc.). Other games add vanity items and what not to their market place for micro transactions.

Our market place has barley changed in over 2 years.

I still can't believe they charge $10 to change a power set, or how many times I have done it.
    • Like x 2
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Kyle Rayner and Guy Gardner for Legends. With the old DLC structure we would have had to wait until War of the Light Part II was released to get them. The word "content" does not just refer to playable instances, it means any new addition to the game whether it is a Legends character, some instances, or a player package like a power or movement mode variant.
    • Like x 2
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Uh, what games do this for free exactly?
    • Like x 1
  19. Liongale Dedicated Player

If there was a gimmick, this one would be "A heckuva lot of new content to run at once"
  20. SansNom New Player

It's SOE! I'm 99% sure that it will not cost 5$. But 10$ for dlc and 10$ for power... it's too much.
    • Like x 2