Is there a shortage of roles?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Roziel, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Roziel New Player

So i'm kinda newish, only just finally hit 10 after two weeks on the pvp server and am now moving to the USpve server. Is there any shortage of roles on either the villain or hero side there? Mostly i'm concerned about needs of pve alerts and raids.I don't care about pvp much since I am really disappointed in the pvp community in this game and kinda got turned off to it.
  2. Zizzi New Player

Hero side you will pretty much always find work no matter what role you are. You might have a bit more trouble finding groups for T2 Raids, but they're still there, just harder to see.

Villain side I can't say because I haven't got my Villain to 30 yet, however with the addition of LFG I think it is also very manageable to find groups. You will probably have trouble finding help with lower Tier stuff though.

If you haven't already, I suggest finding a league so you always have a group to go with in case you need anything.
  3. Mia Skye Well-Known Player

I would say...

Controllers
    Tank
    Healers
    DPS

in order of the smallest amount of players in those roles. Trollers always seem to be the last thing to find, healers may seem more rare than Tanks, but because you only need 1 tank most don't notice a problem finding them. This may have changed because fire and ice for awhile, but will probably go back soon. DPS has the most by far since it is what you start out as and anyone can be a dps.
  4. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Normally, I see tanks the least and I'm usually the only one tanking, but yeah. Like what Mia Skye said, there had been an increase in tanks lately due to the new game update but I'd expect some to disappear after a while.
  5. Roziel New Player

Hmm, I originally thought of doing a bow/gadget but thought that maybe controllers might be the dps and overpopulated like in a lot of mmos. Guess I can give that a go after all. Thanks! :)
  6. Faust74 Loyal Player

That's hard to say. At first it was Controllers and now it doesn't seem like that is the case anymore. One of the reason I decided to make a Sorcery Healer, because Healers were in short supply. But lately I've been in Pug PvP Matches where we have too many healers.

I guess what is Really in short supply are Players that know how to play their Role Well. ;)
  7. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Controllers aren't as rare as the use to be. With the top two dps powers being controller powers, sometimes people will change gear and be a back up controller.