Back from the hack feat.. or how we can't ever complete the feat list.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Johny Burst, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Unida Dedicated Player

another one of these threads?

it's pretty simple, the feat was for the people that lived through probably the worst time in SOE's tenure and stuck it out. you said yourself you weren't a customer at the time, so why in the hell would you think you should have it and what exactly did you miss out on due to the hack? Nothing. Everyone else went through the wringer.

and no, your feat list will never be complete. but hey, welcome to life.
    • Like x 7
  2. Johny Burst Active Player

This is not about getting the feat for free. I want the community to be given a way to meet the requirement to have it. It's not because some have it, it's because it exist and it's unfair to those who joined the game afterward.

A compensation for losing game time shouldn't be called, listed and accounted as a feat. Take the beta emblem for example : No impact on the stats of the game for playing at a certain time and helping the devs make a better game. So why not being able to play the game at a certain time would give a feat that impact on the stats ?They can keep their cute batman and 2 face masks, those are legitimate rewards. Get 1K+ SC in compensation, still legit. But receiving free stats forever ? Nope. Right now the extra 50 ft pts doesn't do much. But someday it might gives some players acces to an extra SP, wich might result in an extra WM stats.

That's where the bs is.

PS : I started sending e-mails, letters, faxes, pigeon post, whatever, asking for the feat. The answer I was given is : You're right, but we need you to get the community support to do something about it.

Edit : Btw, I'm new on forums. So I didn't knew that question was already debate and close by those who already possess the feat.
  3. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

It would be more unfair to give it to those who did not earn it. This feat doesn't show up for those who can't get it. It doesn't show up for toons that were created after and those toons can not unlock it with Replays even if their main has the feat. You even stated yourself that you have completed 901/901 feats. There for you haven't lost and aren't missing out on anything.

The only way to do this is for you to invent a time machine and take us all back in time to create our toons before the hack. That would be the only truely 'fair' and right thing to do.

Also, when has anything in life EVER been fair. Nothing in life should be fair. I work hard to improve my life. I work long hours, and have worked hard to get where I am. How dare anyone think that because I have something that they want, then it is not fair. What is not fair is all the people in this world who think they don't have to work for anything. What is unfair is that people are allowed to make comments about things being unfair.

Of Course its unfair! Its called life.

PS : I started sending e-mails, letters, faxes, pigeon post, whatever, asking for the feat. The answer I was given is : You're right, but we need you to get the community support to do something about it.[/quote]
    This is good news as the community would never approve such an action.
    • Like x 6
  4. Johny Burst Active Player

Logic and reason are not ignored btw. We just have differents opinion and ways to see things.
  5. FameYack Committed Player

You just said you completed the list
    Issue resolved
    • Like x 5
  6. Johny Burst Active Player

Someone who wouldn't have respec movement and roles would still have a fake complete list.
    • Like x 1
  7. FameYack Committed Player

The notion of "Fake List" is your imagination in action

Somebody with no Movement respec completes their list,
    Sombody respeccing movements adds new feats to the list,
    Does has another list to complete

Still fail to see your point
    Your list is complete,

Your words not mine
    • Like x 5
  8. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Someone already replied to this, but let me just point it out again:

You, me, anyone that did not get that feat will NEVER meet the requirement to have it. EVER. Because the requirement is that you had to be playing the game BEFORE the hack. A month, a day, an hour, it does not matter, the requirement is that you had to be playing BEFORE the hack.

You completed all the feats you can see in your feat list. Congratulations, that is quite impressive. Now just move on.
    • Like x 7
  9. Ny Batteri Well-Known Player

I usually don't reply to these types of threads but I do have to agree with what was said earlier; if you were not here during the hack and suffered through the time it was down then you should not get the feat. The game was different back then in the sense that we were all paid subscribers and SOE did this as a form of compensation so we would continue with DC when the game was back online. There should not be a way to obtain this feat (or get the Batman mask) through other means because nothing would compare. Be happy with your 901 feats. Dont stress the 50 feat points.
    • Like x 6
  10. FameYack Committed Player

Someone is going through tremendous suffering for not being able to get 1 Selected Gift,

Would you say such person would have just waited for the 31 days of darkness,
    Canceling and renewing his credit card,
    Having paid a full year in advance...
    Leading to the horror that it could all repeat again

And would just come back to get 1 lousy prize,
    o_O
    • Like x 1
  11. The Doctor Loyal Player

I'm ecstatic that this thread was created. I'm even gonna bookmark it. As obnoxious and rude as I am, these threads and the players who start them are worse. The next time I hear someone speak in a condescending manner to another player and invoke their "high SP makes me a more knowledgable player" argument, I'm going to direct them to this thread. It's proof positive that a player can have 900+ feats completed and still not understand a damn thing about this game.
    • Like x 6
  12. kawe Loyal Player

Don't ask me, I never wanted leaderboards or an app. :p
    When I started DCUO I liked it because of the absence of hardcore competition Battlefield and the like have,
    • Like x 3
  13. Liongale Dedicated Player

Just so you know, the actual stated reason why this feat cannot be given to anyone else is because the way it was implemented made it impossible for them to give it again. They said they would not do anything like that again, but can't change it. It's just a technical issue.

And I know how you feel about missing those points. I had the feat on Liongale, but I deleted her to change her power- this was before respec tokens were even a twinkle in anyone's eye. My alts have it! But not my main. Go fig.
    • Like x 1
  14. Astral Lantern Well-Known Player

I got hacked...I had my credit info stolen......like 1000's of others.......WE stuck around....WE got the feat for coming back after that disaster.

You were not here...you did not suffer......stop asking for something you darn well don't deserve.
    • Like x 3
  15. AlwaysFumbles Well-Known Player

Note that the Valentine's feats are not automatically given to new characters. Just like Back from the Hack, new characters created after a certain time do not get these feats.
    • Like x 1
  16. Unida Dedicated Player

ok so it's unfair to people that joined after it happened? errrr it was unfair to the PAYING subs at the time it happened, people that joined after suffered nothing....

it might be time to take off the 'omg im missing a feat i shouldnt have and need to make up stupid reasons to have it' hat and get a clear understanding so to why that feat even exists and who was entitled to it. neither of which apply to you.

and you'd like a way to meet the requirements of the feat? lol.... wish granted. did you survive the hack? no. sorry, no feat.

blind desperation is overshadowing logic here, my friend.
    • Like x 2
  17. SuperBell Loyal Player

I feel the same way about the Batman Legends character. I'll be 100% behind this idea if SOE also makes Batman available again.

For the people that act like we went through some horror, shut up. We weren't lost in the desert for 40 years. We couldn't play a video game for a month. Boo hoo. I'm tired of responses like, "You weren't there, you don't know what it was like". I was there, and it was a mild inconvenience. We got our money refunded, and that is really all that needed to be done. The only people that "deserve" this feat are the people who actually had their information hacked, which would mean nobody from the PC side deserves it. How about this, give everybody the feat and the masks, but we keep the hoodie? That way you will still be able to remember that time you laid in your bed starring at the ceiling for a month.
    • Like x 2
  18. stl4now Well-Known Player

What sucks is that I was around for the hack and I don't have the feat. My idiot self deleted the character that I had during the hack a few months after.....never to see the feat again. In the words of Gordon Ramsey, 'What a shame!'
  19. xhalur Well-Known Player

901 Feats completed?! :eek:

You don't need the "Back from the Hack" Feat, but it does sound like you need to work on grinding your "Vitamin D" Feat though.

Seriously. Go outside for a bit. I promise, once you get used to the sun glare, it doesn't hurt at all. :D
    • Like x 2
  20. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Wait, wasn't Batman a preorder bonus??
    So, now people are gripping about preorder bonuses?
    Those are meant to entice people to preorder a game.

Now, as my high school English teacher always said, "when trying to create a logical thesis, you should always begin the paper by clearly defining any terms that you think your reader may not understand."

Preorder - to make payment on (either partial or in full) on an item that has not yet been stocked on store shelves, nor is available for immediate order and delivery through online vendors.

And, ya know, maybe ... and that's a weak and malnourished maybe, I can see your thoughts on the Back from the Hack ... maybe, but not really, but maybe. However, this is like me calling up Ubisoft and saying, "Hey, guys, you know how I preordered every one of the Assassin's Creed II + games from you to get the statues? Well I couldn't afford to preorder Black Flag so I missed out on the Edward statue that came with that preorder. Hey, is there any way that you can just give that statue to me?

Yeah, no, no no no no no.

The one thing from these that I would sell my soul to Zod for would be the Bat Drone. But, I wasn't here for that, so it would be completely and utterly unfair if I was ever able to have that pet. What you are asking for is completely unfair to the people who played by the rules and did what they were supposed to. What IS fair is that we didn't and don't get the stuff. That IS fair 100% fair
    • Like x 2