The 2 Things the Fire Community Want Post U23

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

1. Eternal Flame SC cost reduced: As far back as the months long developer discussion thread everyone wanted this to be made a 50% SC. There is no use for this power at 100% SC when it only lasts 16 seconds. Do whatever scaling you need to do but make this happen!
    2. Change the locations of the powers in the Immolation Tree: After adding Overheat to the tree you simply put it in the slot where consume objects used to be. The problem is the current location of powers on the left and right side of the tree don't make any sense. Swapping Spontaneous Combustion and Stoke Flames makes the most sense as far as alignment within the tree.
    How the power tree should look:
    --------------------------- Immolation -------------------------------------------
    Enflame ------------- Flashpoint ---------- Meteor
    Burnout ------------- Fiery Weapon ----- Overheat
    Stoke Flames ------- Inferno ----------- Spontaneous Combustion

This configuration would more reflect the Ignition Tree. Tank powers on one side, DPS powers on the other side. Also if you notice this would put melee ranged on one side and ranged on the other side.

These 2 changes are easily done in a hotfix and require very little work on the devs part but would make a vast majority of the Fire community happier with revamp. Considering Fire had virtually no voice on the Test Feedback thread this would catch us back up to many fixes Ice had during Test.

Yes i know we have threads up with these requests already, but I was given a few PMs asking me to get behind these 2 changes. So as these seem to be what the vast majority of what Fire users are asking for (within reason) and are very doable by the dev team lets try to all get behind this thread!
    • Like x 16
  2. Circe New Player

A) There are already a billion threads on this topic. Did we really need another one?
    B) You don't speak for the entire Fire community.
    • Like x 3
  3. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Thank you, I can always count on you to troll every fire thread.

(a) I explained why in my post.
    (b) I never claim to.

I simply had a few pms requesting me to get behind these and I did.
  4. Heero Blaze Well-Known Player

I thought the two things we wanted were to undo Meteor Strikes changes and have the devs actually look at Mass Detonation. I do agree Eternal Flame should be either reduced to 50% SC or buffed to make it worth 100% (they changed Volcanic Calamity, so why not Eternal Flame). As for switching powers around in the tree, I assume its to make sure we don't get all the "best" powers in one loadout, keeping things balanced, so I don't care for the change.
  5. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I swear Dump made this exact same post already. Why not bump that thread?
  6. TrueMarvel New Player

Btw. Eternal flames... what does that even do? And I agee with the above poster. Meteor strike and mass det need fixed
  7. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I know and i have........
  8. Magnificent Loyal Player

1. No. If your criteria is just the time it lasts, then most (if not all) SC's would need to be scrapped. The only thing that needs to be done to EF is for the damage cap to be removed. When I hit this power, any and all damage going on for the time period should be converted to Heals.

2. I would rather they spend time working on combining Enflame and Immolation then giving us a replacement for one than playing musical chairs with the Power list.
    • Like x 2
  9. TrueMarvel New Player

No dump didn't. This is also talking about eternal flames. A move a have never even almost used.
  10. Circe New Player

Why don't you try it out yourself?

It's a pretty useful move. It's a favorite of mine.
  11. Magnificent Loyal Player

EF is a 16-second AE DoT that also heals the caster. The heal turns incoming damage into health (thus, the more you hit them, the more you heal them). There is a fairly high cap on the damage it turns into heals and it hasn't really been much of a problem, but I think we will see that change with the next tier of raiding.
  12. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

13. TrueMarvel New Player

My loadout has no room. Nor do I have the powerpoint to spare
  14. Circe New Player

15. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

You all can agree or disagree however you see fit. I was asked in PM to make this thread so I did simple as that.
  16. Magnificent Loyal Player

Any fire tank that doesn't have EF loaded needs to be... fired (pun!!)
  17. Aqua New Player

Yeah that move must be great for all those T1 solos u tank huh? OP bro!!!

Oh and bump.
  18. Tocimus Committed Player

Only if the rest of the group is really bad, and even then its a wasted slot
  19. Magnificent Loyal Player

It's situational. I run with Stoke, BD, Burnout, Enflame, Backdraft & EF. While EF is by far the least used power, it is by no means "wasted". Other than Enflame, everything heals me (I use Enflame for AE DoT, AE aggro, knockup and the healing I get from using Backdraft on enemies that are burning), EF is my ace-in-the-hole if things get exceptionally messy and the healers need time (like when Prime fires off his burners at the same time he summons his healers and his pets). If my health is going down like a prom dress, my power is getting low and my soders are on cooldown, guess who's about to get his 10+k hps insta-healed and stay that way for the next 16 seconds? This guy. ;)

In PVP if I am in a node-holding situation by myself and get multiple enemies coming at me (depending on their gear, role and skill), when it gets to the point of firing this off I know I've bought others on my team enough time to get to my location and help out (again, it's rare to need it but it's GREAT when you do).
  20. Tocimus Committed Player

So how do you range pull? /facepalm

_________i___

Also, there is no need to mess with the power tree. They just need to swap meteor out for a new power that has a logical presence with fire.
  21. Mia Skye Well-Known Player

These are the two things you chose that the fire community wants. There is a bigger issue than the powers. Do you know why some fire DPS are not performing well? Because if they are running with a fire tank they won't get any DoT on enemies.

SOE made it so that the tank and DPS DoT overwrites each other. It is useless to have a fire tank and fire DPS in the same raid because the tank will out damage the DPS and a controller might as well. The big issue is getting this fixed! Right now you are going to start seeing in LFG:

GLF 1 tank (ice or earth) or GLF 1 DPS (no fire). Because they want the DPS to be successful in their job and not get outperformed because the tank has to do their job as well and they can't do both of their jobs at the same time! This is the most important issue that needs to get fixed above all else!

This is the worst thing to happen to tanks since GU9, SOE STOP TRYING TO KILL THE TANK POWERS!!!!!!!
    • Like x 1