Please, stop the madness

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CHUD, Oct 14, 2014.

1. CHUD Loyal Player

I've been involved with DCUO ever since it was in beta and when it went live. I've seen various developments of growth as well as some things I've disagreed with in regards to overall content. Powers have been altered, added, subtracted with all sorts of things that both benefit and hinder a player's ability. Both PvE and PvP content has been altered and upgraded (or even downgraded) to accommodate the player community as best as possible only to suit the players with there being mixed results. There have been things that the players have wanted to see added to enhance their gaming experience, yet complain some time after it has been released because it's not what they wanted exactly.

To the player community at large,....for all those who complain and nitpick every single item to death,.....all I can say is "STOP!!!!" It's giving some of us a migraine headache whenever we go to these forums and see whats on here. You blame the developers, Mepps and Spytle for the content that you have been asking for which,...as much as I hate to say it....is not their fault. Part of that blame also rests upon the player's shoulders due to what they want to see. Okay,...a majority of that blame can be shared with the community. You ask for it,...the developers work on it....they give it to you....and then the complaints start. This is why there are patch notes and the test server.

All I can say what the game is or should be, is to say what the game isn't meant to be.
    The game is NOT about having to breeze through instances (alerts, raids, duos, arenas or even solo content) with ease having minimal problems along the way.
    The alterations and fixes along the way are here to benefit ALL THE PLAYERS,...not just the elitists or a select few who want to be elitist.
    The game is to be enjoyed by all with forum content being there to benefit the community. Instead, almost every forum post I've come across is "I want this" or "I want that" or "This sucks and I'm gonna hold my breath and not play until it's all about my needs and wants".
    (I can go on and on and on with all the negative postings I've seen)
    Honestly people,....if you don't like what's there,....DON'T PLAY!!! Don't even log in to game. Find something else to do. It's the elitists and wannabe elitists that is bringing the community and the game down brick by brick. We have content that is meant to be enjoyed on some level,....but instead you treat it and the developers with scorn. Players are constantly whining and complaining as to how the game should be played,...even down to dictating how others players should treat their character. This game has that sense of individuality,....stop trying to put things into that cookie-cutter mold and have people conform to what YOU want. Let folks and the game progress naturally like a flowing river.
    • Like x 22
  2. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

I was basically reading the forums today thinking the same thing. Last night I went with the league and did some PvP. Personally I hate pvp but ya know there's feats and its better for my account in general so I went. Although I lost my *** off, I did play Harley and I gotta say, I was terrible but atleast I was smiling.

Are you people enjoying yourselves at all? I mean look what is going on out there right now:

Holiday fun
    SM
    PVP
    Challenging Raids
    Alot of new people playing

Ya think I was upset because I wasnt good at PvP? I thought it was hilarious.

All I see here is people complaining.
    • Like x 2
  3. UltraVillain Committed Player

Well its easy to complain and in some cases its because people care that they assume others feel the same as they so the game should pander to them.

I am guilty of raising concerns and complaints but generally like to note that I still love the game and that despite all the furore 90% of the game is pretty much working as it has been consistently since day one. We are discussing the peripheral details in most cases, tbh when we stop discussing them the message is likely more worrying because then we have either left or just stopped caring.

It's just a matter of keeping a healthy perspective.
    • Like x 1
  4. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Not even sure what your point is.
    • Like x 4
  5. AJPro Committed Player

no offense but if you are not supposed to complain about things in a game that have changed or should change....is not that what a forum is for....its not a place to post how great you are and everything is...everyone complaining about people complaining on a forum are both ignoring how ironic those statements are and the purpose of a forum....
    • Like x 3
  6. akaivy Dedicated Player

I understand you point and give you a 100 likes. I am sorry I am not truly able to do so, but my heart is in the right place :)
    • Like x 1
  7. IdontDps Committed Player

its not really nitpicking when
    1.we ask for challenging raids they just give the bosses millions of health
    2.pvpers ask for the old pvp system back they throw in role debuffs
    3.we ask for balance they just threw weapon mastery in insted of balance
    4.or how we have a work in progress but 9/10 wont even listen to the people in it
    5.or how they balance a power by nerfing it to the ground
    • Like x 6
  8. Deranya Dedicated Player

You went with Harley :D that already has fun included. Love her to bits in Legends!
  9. iRule Level 30

I agree with OP 100%..... there have been many improvements made to this game by players posting constructive threads requesting change, however all I'm seeing recently are opinions posing as facts.
  10. eanur Well-Known Player

what has been annoying me most about these forums lately is when people say " I speak for the majority in this game".... NO ONE SPEAKS FOR THE MAGORITY!!! Everyone only speaks for the people who they play with which is usually like 20-50 people and on a game with 1 million players and 19 mil gold spammers the people they speak for is little. What you will most likely find is the majority don't even come onto these forums and just enjoy the game and play the content as it comes regardless of bugs or not.
    • Like x 3
  11. akaivy Dedicated Player

I'm just going to respond to the first one.

I see people ask for more challenging content all the time, but a rarely, if ever, see anyone give valid suggestions on how to make them more challenging. On the other hand, all I read and hear is that players want to finish content as quickly as possible.

They made the bosses tougher by giving them more health, thus taking a longer time to complete the content.

What, exactly, to you want to see happen to make it more challenging? Puzzles? Safe cracking? Finding objects and hidden passageways? A maze?

Specificity is the key when asking for something. General requests are open to all kinds of interpretation.
    • Like x 1
  12. ErnieB Loyal Player

Sadly there is a "majority" on this game, which happens to be a handful of players that always get their way, and as long as those are listened to before the actual majority, things will never change.
    • Like x 3
  13. CHUD Loyal Player

Here's a concept. Try READING the post.
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Here are some suggestions that the developers are actually considering:

And while I agree being specific helps, I do think it should be specific enough to say that higher health is not what we meant when we said we wanted more challenging content. We are not the creative team for DCUO, so we shouldn't be telling them how to do their jobs other than to make general suggestions. We don't know what technology they have to work with, what is possible and what is not, so us being specific may amount to nothing more than a pipe dream.
    • Like x 3
  15. Dezaras Loyal Player

The game has some issues but most, if not all games do. I'll liken it to the WWE games. Some of those had major issues but the one key difference (aside from the obvious) is that the devs here are likeable and listen to the players most of the time. Tech lairs went dark, I mentioned it, it was fixed. Many problems were brought up with recent WWE games and their devs tried fobbing the problems off as "you're playing it wrong."
    At least the devs here make an effort. That makes all the difference to me.
    • Like x 5
  16. CHUD Loyal Player

Here's the thing....going with what you just listed
    1. Raids are now being dominated by OP players. It's now a given standard to request in LFG to seek out players who are 5 or more CR points past the basic requirement and along the way mobs are skipped. Bosses have been adjusted and even in many cases nerfed for the convenience of those complaining about it.

2. PvPers asking for the old PvP system back??? Well,...I'm not one for PvP or dueling but here's the thing. On one side I can see the view of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". But on the other side players then ask for things to be altered to a way that conforms to them,...even down to an individual preference. Developers are trying to adapt to what players are asking but yet those requests are hard to keep up with.

3. Weapon Mastery was supposed to make Jump Canceling and button mashing easier for the player. Let's face it,....the older people get,...with all that button mashing and texting,....things like carpal tunnel and arthritis sets in. I'm 42 with the arthritis of a person in their 90's. So yeah....I'd rather make something easier on me at the end of the day. WM does have various stat enhancements to it that benefits the player. So again....where's the complaint??

4. "Work in Progress" is taking a bit of what the players are asking for as well as trying to develop something before putting it out on test server. Granted, the belief is "devs don't listen",.....they do. But they can't take every single complaint or suggestion on an individual basis. What is probably being done is reading the forums,....determining what is being said....and then trying to lump similar requests in to the same category to adapt a certain area that will cover a particular area. It may not be "perfect" for one person....but it is trying to accommodate the entire player base.

5. Powers have been nerfed,...as well as buffed. BUT,.....we also have those modifiers and plans at our disposal in the game. If devs were to buff and even beef up all the powers,....then take out the exobits, all the plans, all the modifiers, etc. Hey,.....while the devs are at it,...why not beef up all the armor to the point where a person can walk into Artifacts, defeat final boss with a single blow....while wearing an OP version of T-1 armor.

Again.....at some point in time there has to be the realization that the more requests there are to accommodate something for those select few who are whining and complaining on the forums,.....the game is gonna get down to the point where a person is going to be able solo a T-6 raid with ease.
    It also just occured to me,....that those complaining about PvP....or probably being defeated in an arena. My only suggestion is to learn to adapt.
    • Like x 3
  17. CHUD Loyal Player

....and hey....10 likes so far from the starting post.

So I don't think that it can't be said that I had some pretty valid stuff to say back there which some people might have liked.
  18. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

This is a flaw of all MMO's. I can name several examples. My favorite is Everquest. People complain so they water it down and water it down and water it down to the point where my Basset Hound could level a character to level 90 in 3 days. The same thing will happen here. Sometimes the original product is the best product.
    • Like x 2
  19. chubbychase New Player

Puzzles would be fun. But just having small things and different targets that must take priority to successfully win the fight against a Major would nice. I used to love sub-construct. Inner used to be a bit over the top, but it was fun too. Adam's fight in Kahndaq was also fun. The HP/defense pool on a boss doesn't need to be that high in order to be difficult. Being that it is survival mode, having swarms of mobs jump from different directions at different rates while you're fighting a major boss, with abilities like draining players from powers or boosting NPC-allies' abilities, things of the sort, would still be huge fun, even if they died 3 times faster than they do now. The tank and spank pace of content right now kind of drags on. There needs to be more distractions during the battlefield. Some of that can actually be found on T6 ops/raids, and on Dox, but it would be nice to see more and at a lower health pool--it's better for the fight to drag on because people are dying and/or failing than because everyone is bored pew-pewing nonstop for an extended period of time. I think a good example of this was Prime (without the egg cheat), it could take a very short time to get it done or a very long one depending on your group., especially when drones kicked in.

NPC's with a more responsive and accurate AI would also be nice. If the NPC is performing a block, it should do a weapon combo that leads the player to believe it is about to perform a block breaker (e.g. steps prior to flurry shot on a bow), and not perform a weapon that is a lunge everywhere in the game, but "not here" (no lunge symbol or window even though it is clearly performing a surprise volley, where I block and it doesn't get countered, because it is "fainting" and proceeded to do some random block right after that volley). Having bosses try to predict an incoming attack and dodge it or move out of the way would be cool too, but I think this last part would be too advanced for a game like DCUO.

There have been suggestions, but my guess people get tired of repeating themselves. At some point, too, some of us get told or referenced to how we can't get "the same quality of raids as in the core/classic game when it was at level" due to the new 1 DLC every 3 months quota. I've lost the quotes and number of times this was thrown at me, but if quantity is what's preventing better content, not sure much can be done about it.
  20. akaivy Dedicated Player

Perhaps, but you can't complain you are not getting what you ask for if you don't ask for anything. It's like saying I want something to drink then complaining because someone gave you water. Well, you can complain because y'all do, but it makes for a flimsy argument.

And though your point is well taken about not being on the creative team, when you say you want something challenging, you have to have something in mind and these forums are your means to asking for that. You are surely welcome to secify the details of your dream for this game here. If you don't ask for it, you surely won't get it.

To me, this content is challenging. The bosses are harder to beat and they take longer. Challenging in a boring kind of way, yes, but then again, I didn't ask for challenging. I just wanted new content. And new content I got.
    • Like x 1