Weapon Mastery Short Combos Damage Adjusted.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUO Post, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Char Well-Known Player

I agree that the damage from HB needed to be rebalanced, but the dps loss is far too great. I used to hit over 10k crits with haymaker and now I can't see past a 5800. What risk/reward incentive is there to use melee now? I didn't do any extensive testing, but from the little I did, it seemed like the WM crit magnitude bonus was reduced for melee as powers were critting higher with the explosive shot combo than haymaker.
    • Like x 2
  2. Damashi The Kaotic Well-Known Player

Will quantum's time bubble be in the next hotfix along with watcher?
    • Like x 1
  3. junglejim New Player

The no1 issue wm and u36 caused me was changing the way we all had to play. People are very naive if they think changing scorecards will change that. If i drink coke everyday for years then all of a sudden the shopkeeper stops selling it while telling me this new pepsi is better then ill try the pepsi , after all ive known him years no reason to distrust . However if its not the same sweet sweet taste then ill get what i like elsewhere . This is how many friends and myself feel. Theres guys on here never played old school dc. Those types should remember we did and have good reason to dislike wm.

They say abscence makes the heart grow fonder. In this case with me its true the combat in this game was unique with a proper learning curve. The only problem i found with it was it catered towards the elite players. Not everyone would be willing to test new loadouts and self made rotations for an hour at a time on a dummy but those that would got results for it. I remember showing a leaguemate a rage rotation i came up with that involved a triple grenade pre w.m . He almost climaxed claiming id broken rage. Those days unfortunately are behind us . Catering to the top 10% isnt a successful business plan theres not enough of us to keep the game in development i dont think so this is what we're left with. Maybe one day we can have an old school modifier selectable for instances . Problem now is how many trollers are left that could or would want to power that style of run now
  4. yaya2220 New Player

With the health we have now wm is needed there is no way to kill someone with out wm. The only way to take out wm is if they give us the health we had in checkmate days
  5. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

What an awesome idea, and how long will it take to kill Barda or Mantis?
    • Like x 1
  6. VariableFire Loyal Player

The other reason I hate PVP, it keeps infringing on PVE for no freaking reason whatsoever. They even said at the beginning of this bloody season that they were trying to keep things separate...and what they do they do not even one week in...change something that affects PVE. Brilliant. Fantastic. :mad:
    • Like x 1
  7. DialH New Player

Or just remove WM from the game completely. Or make PvP Legends only and get rid of arena PvP and gear--- all it does is make problems for the PvE side. GET RID OF IT.
    • Like x 1
  8. DialH New Player

All T6 bosses should have their health reduced by half since that's the damage reduction for the WM combos in this last hotfix.
    • Like x 2
  9. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Ok, that'll be a bit of programming right? Every T6 boss from 4 man alerts, raids, possible even TD?
  10. EvilPrince3 Active Player

When I came into this game I had to work at getting my pvp gear..I had no help from the devs with like these new players are getting..I had no help from the devs at all from anything..new players aren't learning anything because they're getting everything handed to them..I don't like the fact that the gear and so I worked so hard to get is getting me punished in pvp..it's bull I mean the day a lvl 14 can come in in pve gear and hold his own is the day I will stand up and say something which that day has come..change pvp or risk losing a lot of loyal customers who have had enough of this bs..those are the options now
    • Like x 1
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

"Everyone I talk to" is just as anecdotal as DarkThorn's statement and doesn't really qualify as data to back up your claims. ;)
    • Like x 4
  12. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Surely if we complain enough they would make these changes effect pvp only, surely. Shirley.
    • Like x 2
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Isn't the top complaint that "Weapon Mastery is boring"?

Advanced Mechanics are basically Weapon Mastery with powers. Nature/Electrics advanced mechanics are activate 4 powers, keep pressing a 5th to renew it. Gadgets Advanced Mechanic is activate 3 PI's/use distract/use stealth > use EMP/Sleep Dart.

This is perhaps the most deluded attitude to have towards the entire situation. You would literally have 1 style of play per power set with everything else being ineffective. The fact that it has 5 likes just shows you how out of touch the community are and clearly don't know what they want.
    • Like x 4
  14. Horrorshow New Player

The only part of your statement I agree with is the bit about how roles are no longer important in PVP. Everything else you talk about is changes you want made done for yourself that will only effect you and not the entire community. The PVP community is very small. The changes that were made to PVP arenas is based off of community feedback from all types of players. The type of player you are describing is someone who probably runs with a premade, has the time and money to invest in this game, and who are quite frankly probably sore losers. Stop reminiscing about how PVP arenas was and more about how it is now. Adapt to what the Developers have given us and give feedback on that. There is no reason why the Developers should go back to their broken PVP system because a few players cannot adapt to the new changes. The new PVP system gives balance to gear and powers, combat changes, and allows every type of player in DCUO to play PVP arenas.

What the Developers have to do now is:
    1) Give a reason for any players to que up in PVP with a support role. I think they missed a mark in terms of support roles in PVP arenas. That I will have to agree with you on.

2) We do not need role debuffs anymore. That is probably one of the only reasons why a troller is useful in PVP arenas now.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dolfo Dedicated Player

WM did 1 thing which was lower the power cost.
    However the side effect of lower power cost was actually furthering the difference in balance between powers so it's essentially just another band-aid just like HT was/is.
    • Like x 2
  16. Dolfo Dedicated Player

Essentially WM/HT are bad ideas when you clearly have Tunso himself on numerous occasions before the piss poor implementaion saying that WM will be "comparable" to AMs.

"Comparable" to AMs doesn't meant out right doing the vast majority of the damage.
    • Like x 3
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Furthering the difference in balance between powers because before Weapon Mastery everything was fine and dandy right? Rage, Celestial and Hard Light were definitely not over powered, huh?... yeah history says otherwise.

At least now I can play any power set and assuming I'm geared up appropriately and actually know what I'm doing, I can keep up with any player's damage out.
    • Like x 3
  18. VariableFire Loyal Player

So, any word on getting the T6 health pools dropped, or are we back to putting tea on while we wait for the adds and boss to die of old age again?
    • Like x 2
  19. Dolfo Dedicated Player

Now your putting words in my mouth.
    What people don't realize is balance is a myth but 70%+ of any my damage should not be coming from WM especially since we have powers with AMs in place.
    So yes I will still stand by my previous statement.
    • Like x 3
  20. IdontDps Committed Player

we never asked for weapon mastery we asked for balance the devs gave us weapon mastery so no we didn't but thanks for ruining pve AGAIN
    • Like x 2