Riddle me this

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Why so serious?, May 9, 2013.

1. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

The question is "who is the man?" He is obviously a jogger or biker of he was on the side of the road, however that doesn't matter as this was him when he was alive, but this is asking in the present tense. If he is lying dead on the side of the road, the answer is he is a dead man.
    The next question is "what is the rock?" Analyzing the possible solutions, I decided to take the route of solving the death, which is very unnecisary. The rock is what killed the man, but there are no signs of violent damage, so that rules out any blunt object. However, no signs of physical injury might also rule out any small rocks. Seemingly interesting, but if one was to investigate further, they would notice that this could mean mental, emotional, or neural damage. This most likely means he had a heart attack or a brain issue. His heart simply stopped beating, and it was probably out of fear, so the man is older. But, we are not looking at the how, but the what. From this information, it can be concluded that the rock is a projectile. From these answers, I only see one way I could be wrong and that's if the answer is 'the man is a dead man and the rock is simply a rock.'
  2. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

K

Thanks

Bye...
    • Like x 1
  3. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Wow, it'll give you a hint.
    each answer is one word
  4. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Who is the man? The world famous rock eater.
    What is the rock? Too big.

Or the man is Superman. The rock is Kryptonite
    • Like x 1
  5. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Bananas!

Ba-na-na, na-na, ba-na-na, na-na, hey, hey, hey, goodbye!o_O Not really the lyrics but it's kinda funny. I have no clue.
  6. Liongale Dedicated Player

I hadn't seen a riddle to solve to continue, so I'll post this here. I might have to offer a reward though if someone can solve it.
    ---
    The 5 Lex Luthors having a standing order in seniority- Future, Cybernetic, Professor, General, and Space Commander (in that order). They have collected 100 Exobytes and decided to split them among themselves. They have a pre-existing loot rule that the most senior Luthor gets to propose a split of the Exobytes, and all five vote on it. If at least half of them agree on the split- even if the other half say no- the split occurs. But if over half vote no, that Luthor is banished from the Nexus! And then the next senior Luthor goes to divy and vote with the other three, and on it goes like that.

Now the riddle is: you are Future Luthor. How would you divide the Exobytes so that you would get the maximum amount, and not get yourself removed from the Nexus? Remember that you all think alike- as you are all being geniuses, and all equally ruthless.

You do not have to divide equally, and you can even give none if it's in your best interests.
  7. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I'm not entirely sure about the rules. So if the vote goes against your proposal you're then banished, so basically you only get one shot? ...

Edit: I had to rethink this through and re-edit. And I have to tweak the numbers and not be so greedy.:D
  8. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I think I can secure votes from the Professor and the Space Commander.

When each Luthor becomes senior:

Future - He is in a decent position because nobody wants Cybernetic to gain control. (5 Remaining/ Needs 3 votes)

Cybernetic - I think he is probably in the best position as he would only need one other vote and could easily strike a 50/50 or better deal. And he can easily use the Professor's unfavorable position in his favor. (4 Remaining/ Needs 2 votes)

Professor - He is actually outnumbered, and could be ousted by the remaining two. He needs to take the deal from Cybernetic before this point or make one with Space Commander, but he may have to give up a lot in either case. (3 Remaining/ Needs 2 votes)

General - He is in a good position if it gets this far and if he can convince Space Commander to oust Professor. (2 Remaining/ Needs 1 vote)

Space Commander - Can he trust the General, he needs a deal from the Professor or anyone for that matter. (Needs a miracle)
  9. Liongale Dedicated Player

Yep, you only get one shot! Sorry if it wasn't so clear, I tried to make it in a story format, but it looks like you got it.

You're approaching the riddle in the right direction, but remember- your goal to solve the riddle is to get the most possible, so greed is good- and you only need to solve it from Future Luthor's perspective. How many would you give to yourself, and to the others?

And to clarify from the riddle: Future would only need 2 votes, because Future would obviously vote in his own favor, making it 3. For the even numbered Luthors left, a tie of votes would go in favor of the proposal.

And a hint: When it comes to General and Space Commander, General would always win, because of a tie at 1-1 vote.
  10. Mesmer New Player

Not sure if anyone solved the riddle about the dead man and the rock, but it's radioactive.

You are trapped in a medieval dungeon with only the clothes on your back and a single match. There is a candle, a torch, and a fireplace. Which do you light first?
  11. CHUD Loyal Player

..Ummmmm.....geeze....if having to go for the most logical....I'm gonna say fireplace. It's going to provide warmth and I can light the torch and candle from there as well.

Yeah....I used to play Dungeons and Dragons as a kid back in the 80's.
  12. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

That's the one!! :D
  13. Mesmer New Player

WRONG!
  14. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Candle to light torch, torch to light fireplace?
  15. Mesmer New Player

No. Before you light any of those... you have to light the match.
  16. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Mesmer New Player

Is it legal for a man to marry his widow's sister?
  18. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

You know me so well SS! :D
  19. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Only if he is an extra in The Walking Dead :p
    • Like x 1
  20. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

The match?

Edit: Ah the match was already answered.