A Great Time in DCUO's History

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stamen, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Stamen Dedicated Player

Hey guys,

We're over three and half years into this thing and I personally believe the game is hitting full stride these days. I know there have always been and will always be a host of nay-sayers -- and honestly, there are things I would like to see a little different too.

But the game is cranking out some fabulous changes and new directions. Every new direction implies risk and some people didn't care for it and bailed out. With less opportunity to exert dominance and feel special, they left for "greener" pastures. Their loss. In my experience, they almost always come back.

The changes with WM and AM were met with much skepticism, including from this player. But as I've settled into the changes, I find the game incredibly more enjoyable. PvP changes this last round have been good too. Not perfect, but much better -- and again -- much more fun.

The new content is very well balanced imho ranging from easy-mode Necropolis to the more challenging Lockdown raid. New Legends toons out and more on the way (can't wait for Green Arrow!) coupled with the upcoming opportunity to replay content in Legends character attire is adding a new twist to familiar experiences.

Survival Mode this time around is nearly perfect -- a nice blend of challenge with reward. Who doesn't want that sweet chest piece???? With league halls, boosts, and the new home turf level modifications there is plenty to do if you want to keep your toon at his / her peak.

I think I've played more in the last two months than I did this time a year ago when Paradox Wave was still a epileptic seizure fit of frustration.

Just saying I think the game has found a great stride. It's a fabulous time to sub if you haven't -- and more than anything to find a group of like-minded DC Comics lovers and simply HAVE FUN.

Signed,

Mr. Happy-Pants
    • Like x 16
  2. Cataclyzm New Player

Hear hear!!!
  3. Starbrand Dedicated Player

I like "positive people" and the game needs this...

But... well, I rather not so say what I think :D
    • Like x 4
  4. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Well said sir!!
  5. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Other then matchmaking, which can fundamentally debilitate the experience when building a character, I agree.
  6. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I've always said I liked the direction they were headed to, but I don't like the steps they are taking to get there.

Balance has become a priority, but implementing WM and AMs has done nothing but slow down the combat and making it less fun than it was before. Suddenly we can do tens of thousands of damage free of power by using weapon combos, which creates issues for PVP, PVE and diminishes the value of the controller role.

They are trying to give us challenges, but are going about it the wrong way. Mechanically the raids are dry, but they are hoping that the high HP of the bosses will make up for that and it doesnt, making for extremely easy content. The only challenge we have is SM and even that's more of a "cheesy" challenge than anything.

The loot system was a mess before when drops were role specific and even more of a mess now that they are all unattuned. Replay value of these raids is at an all time low because of how infrequently things drop. Not to mention the whole mess that is the symbol of power.

My biggest issues come with Support roles. We're useless for the most part, as the game forces us to stack DPS. If a boss has 3 million health and I dont need a second healer, second tank or second controller, I'm going to load up my group with DPS. They need to give us content that allows support roles to have a job. Even if it's just 1 raid per DLC that is difficult and rich with mechanics, give it to us because it's sorely needed.

I think they are headed in the right direction, but we're not close as of now. We're still as unbalanced as ever with certain powers and weapons being far more effective than others. We still have no difficult content that matters. The loot system is as bad as it's ever been. Support roles are horribly underutilized. These are all major issues that need to be addressed.
    • Like x 2
  7. ChuckLess New Player

NAY!!!

lol
  8. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I like where we are now. It's amazing thinking about how this game evolved from the first day I started playing. The content really covers a lot of tastes. While everything isn't for everyone, there's something for every player to enjoy.
  9. Azrael New Player

I AGREE 100%
  10. ChuckLess New Player

I am really looking forward to the Legends PVE. But, I have a feeling it will be poorly thought out.

Just take older content, implement a new loot table, let us choose whatever character we currently own and let that be it. Please don't do something that will over complicate this and piss everyone off.

Thanks!