Synthetic VI mods not raising CR properly

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Dylan Top5, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Dylan Top5 New Player

Synthetic VI mods are only raising gear CR by about 3... Same as a beta mod
    • Like x 2
  2. exil3d! New Player

My league mate has the same problem, i hope this is a bug...
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

It's intended. Imagine having a 43CR and then using basically free VI mods to gear up. Broken much ?
    • Like x 2
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

the Synth VI's are set up that way, I think, deliberately as a PVP-gearing alternative to needing to farm another ... 180 Bytes to Mod your PVP armor for your character. I think it's kind of a good idea, limiting the CR output I mean - prevents that 'why are you wearing PVP gear in an Alert?' 'how come my CR never gets higher that 37?' cycle from manifesting, and really, if you're gonna sell synthetic Type VI's it does pay to have a gateway on their availability and usefulness.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dylan Top5 New Player

It's not intended, synth Vs were properly raising cr... why should this be any different? The cr increase between a v and a vi mod are are not that big

And you don't see anything odd about them only costing $10, when the synth Vs costed $1,250, oh and them being tradable when they were first released?

These mods came out bugged, and unless a dev says it's intended, I have no reason to believe otherwise.

BTW, it takes way less time to farm exobits to make t6 mods than to get all the way to pvp cr100 for mods. I wouldn't exactly call them "free"
  6. Dylan Top5 New Player

Any explanation to why pvp bought synthetic V mods were properly raising cr? Like I said, it's not that big of a difference to your cr from Vs to VIs.

Also, what you guys are saying makes no sense... Isn't the whole point of CR to give a rough estimate of your stats? If you got the stats of a 70 cr, then why mislead people?

Also, theoretically, can't a level 3 get T6 expert mods when they come out, before a level 3 can get synthetic mods? PvP isn't open until you are level 5, then the countless hours of grinding to get to cr 100. Farming bits is actually much faster
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

Could be a remedy they are fixing starting now. Farm bits for T6 mods may take less time but once you reach max pvp CR you won't have to farm again unless you want to make experts mods. In the long run having access to Synthetic VI benefit you more if you have multiple builds.