Faction Re-Spec Token!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Supremo BR, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

Its about time we are given faction re-spec tokens! Which villain would not repend and turn into a hero, and which hero would not get bored and screw up eventually. Also, there are like 60 skill points that are not common between factions... Omfg!!!! They could create a 6 skill points innates underneath the 3 ones we already have!!!!
    • Like x 1
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The only way I would ever approve it is if they streamlined the feats so you didn't get bonus feats for completing the same feat again on the opposing faction.

There are far too many hero/villain exclusive feats and this would give anyone who purchases it a distinct advantage over those who don't. To say otherwise is ludicrous. Especially as I'm sure that player who disagrees considers the difference between a player with 90 skill points and one with 130 skill points to be important.
    • Like x 4
  3. Inpent New Player

Never Happen.
  4. akaivy Dedicated Player

It would be nice though. I have one character who would really like to come over to the dark side....
    • Like x 1
  5. Last Dragon Well-Known Player

Devs are too lazy to implement this, end of story.
  6. Crimson Jonni New Player

Hmm. I'll only support this if you arent allowed to earn any feats on the villain side. For example, switch to villain and keep all your hero feats but you cannot earn any villain feats going forward, only the general style and factionless feats. To do otherwise would create an almost pay to win scenario where someone gets to be stronger because they shelled out x amount of money. But other than that if you're fine paying x amount just to be on the opposing side no strings attached then thats fine
  7. Dezaras Loyal Player

Be nice but...this again?
  8. Little Sister New Player

9. ChuckLess New Player

Like switching powers and movement modes to get certain feats?
    • Like x 1
  10. Grumpy Dedicated Player

This. If its even possible, we could just get the hero/villain equivalent of the feats we already have and lose the faction exclusive ones.
    Compared to what the OP has in mind, power and movement tokens are not worth mentioning.
  11. Impulsively Committed Player

Out of curiosity, what would be the main motivation of switching factions other than the idea that characters have done it in the comics? From a gameplay standpoint, villain and hero sides don't differ much at all with the exception of a few alerts/solo content that's exclusive to a certain side.

Everyone who plays the game is equipped with at least two character slots. There's nothing stopping you from creating a character on each side to experience the story from both perspectives. But once you've got one that's going strong in one faction, most of the differences you'd feel on the other side would be trivial.
  12. ChuckLess New Player

Mostly population differences. This would kill off the Villain side almost completely.

What I would like it for is to be able to replay all the old content and get all the Villain only styles :D
  13. winter13 New Player

Hopefully this will never happen due to the number of faction specific feats. Can you imagine what the skill point minimum would be for some groups in lockdown?? LOL...
    • Like x 1
  14. winter13 New Player

Nothing really...besides all those heroes that want to come to the dark side where we have better players, better attitudes and more fun :),
  15. akaivy Dedicated Player

I just never play on the hero side anymore and she just sits there, lonely, waiting for me to come back and get her off that pedestal. Currently, she is just a tool to check the broker for items or farm bits.

It's okay, though, she never complains and she always does whatever I want her to when I visit.
  16. Captain Domino Committed Player

I would like this solely for getting hero styles to mix and match with my current styles. It would be a good idea IF you weren't able to obtain the hero/villain specific feats.
  17. Crimson Jonni New Player

Its similar but this is on a much bigger magnitude than movement or power specific feats. The difference between like 8 sp to 60+ is a rather wide gap. + no one really requires you to have the movement mode feats and stuff, but with cross faction alot of people might expect it.
  18. Hero of Justice New Player

I'd love this, but the way feats are set up it's virtually impossible.
  19. The Valeyard New Player

No. NO. Shut the **** up about faction respecs. It CAN'T happen. We need Mentor Respecs
  20. Rasta Committed Player

After you hit level 30 your mentor is basically useless. So what's the point of having a mentor respec token? You can't say "we" need something and not explain yourself.