What does your account name mean?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by VintageWine, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Vyltran Loyal Player

Vyltran: (Spanish) - Accurate/Light/Top/Rapid/Armonic/Natural..

As my nickname is based on spanish tasis.. on english should mean: "A person who his behaviour ( natural - armonical ) always find a way too look forward and never back down (Top) - and bring chances to people who need it (Light) - with his rapid & accurate reaction against obstacles"...

At the end, in a few words... a person who searches to overcome himself..
    • Like x 3
  2. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Well...it should be obvious really, my forum name is a description of myself ;)

Many, many, many years back I was creating my very first email account (Hotmail for those who recall the darker days). The young lady I was with was religious, and did not appreciate my first choice being "iscariot"....and as I had been watching Cow & Chicken ealier bareheiny was born.

Now days I'm older and possibly wiser...but far, far to lazy to decouple myself from the name.
    • Like x 6
  3. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Mines based on one of the most badass yet also the most underutilised Green Lanterns DC has ever created.
    A GL from the planet Daxam, an extremely Xenophobic race of ppl who also possess an extremely rare quality; on a genetic level theyre Cousins to the Kryptonian race.

In other words, Sodam Yat is pretty much Superman with a Power Ring, who was also briefly host to the GL Emotional Spectrum Entity ION.

Unfortunately he lost his biggest fight against Superboy Prime during the Sinestro Corps War, but that was mainly because he didnt know he had Superman-esque powers till minutes before the fight, and also because Daxamites are weak against Lead and Prime stabbed him with 3 Lead Rods. Also he took 2-3 point-blank blasts from The Antimonitor just before the fight which had to have hurt. Still fought like a champ though.
    • Like x 4
  4. VintageWine Dedicated Player

I read them all and I must say that I am very impressed and a little jelly too. :( I wished I took the time to think of a name. :oops:

All of these names have a cute little story behind it, whether if it is a personal story or not, it was fun to read them all. That's what I like about these names, the story behind it teaches you about the person a little and gives you an idea of what the person is like. I had fun reading these replies and happy that I decided to create this thread. :)

Happy Sunday and have fun gaming everyone. :)
    • Like x 5
  5. oBeastlyHealz New Player

oBeastlyHealz
    DCUController

well I'll start with oBeastlyHealz, my main in DCUO is named BeastlyHealz, so figured it would be easier for those who know me in game to identify me on here if I used the same name as I do in-game :) (minus the o)

now for DCUController, I made this user name simply because I play a controller on my main, 1 of my favorite roles, only thing I wish for that role is it got more vit then it does v.v
    • Like x 2
  6. Mad9 New Player

When I started playing this game, I was extremely mad at someone very close to me and 9 is my lucky number and hence the name Mad9.
    • Like x 4
  7. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

My name is a similar to my in game name. In game name - Bern Unit. It's BernUnit81 here just as a variation of my in game name, 81 is my birth year [1981]. My character is a Fire based one. His name is Bernard. The idea behind the character is this; After coming in contact with an exobyte he was given his fire powers and also rock/lava skin making him incredibly durable and much stronger. That being said, the only tough thing about him is his exterior. He is a bit of a softy at times. He has a strong hatred for Brainiac and his armies due to losing many people he loved as a result of the invasions. Bern Unit was name he adopted as anyone that messed with his family or friends would end up taking a trip to the Burn Unit of a hospital.
    • Like x 5
  8. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Spicer is my last name. While I was serving, everyone called me Spicy.
    Moonlight is very beautiful to me. That and I'm an astronomy nerd {sorta}.

So yeah :)
    • Like x 9
  9. Achillean New Player

Achillean means (from Merriam Webster): " Like Achilles (as in strength, invincibility, or moody and resentful wrath)." Not so much the "moody and resentful wrath part. I'm pretty nice. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Achillean New Player

Whoops. Cut and paste didn't work so well. Here's a readable version -- "Like Achilles (as in strength, invincibility, or moody and resentful wrath)."
    • Like x 1
  11. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Shadowdragon is my character name. He's a Batman-like hero created during my childhood for the realm of AD&D Dragonlance. His armor is black and he operates much like Batman. He's trained by Paladine's Silver Dragonarmy and takes the appearance of a dragon with his horned helm, spiked armor and wing-like cape. So... "Shadowdragon."
    • Like x 3
  12. Hero of Justice New Player

Well my main character's concept name was Justice, obviously that name wasn't going to be available so I stuck a "Teen" in front of it since he's young and based off of the Teen Titans. But since I'm not a teen on the forums I use Hero of Justice instead.
    • Like x 2
  13. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I love that so many people put time into their names or their names connect to them somehow!! :D Keep posting everyone these are awesome to read!

Invitation to the Dev/Mod Team:
    We know that Mepps is a random generated dwarf name from ... E?Q?
    We know that Spord is drops backwards
    Where did the rest of your names come from???
    Didn't Spytle come from a random generator somewhere??
    • Like x 4
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Remander is actually an old French term for remand, meaning to take into custody. Liked the concept for a hero that would capture, rather than kill.
    • Like x 4
  15. nowburn4it Loyal Player

Red Mauler was taken...by someone on EU server, I guess.

Got mine off an episode of Family Guy. The family gets super powers. Chris' is he has power over fire. He asks a bully if he remembers making fat jokes toward him years ago.

{bully}"Yeah...I think I remember that..." {Chris}"Now burn for it!!!" Sets him on fire.

It's kinda fitting. Red uses fire and I like fire, so...
    • Like x 4
  16. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

WestendGonzo

It's a reference to the neighborhood I live in, and a tribute to my favourite writer.
    • Like x 1
  17. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

If we're talkin characters

Prophetic came from my beliefs. Im very much a believer in Yah..
    I believe Prophets still walk the Earth. I love healing and the miracles thereof that take place even on a day to day basis. I believe that speaking life to people's gifts and supporting them in their walk of life as it pertains to destiny. We all have a destiny and purpose. It's up to us, whether we abort our own success or make it thrive.
    also because the office of the Prophet is to interceed on behalf of the people of the world or worlds.
    they look into the unseen and speak what is of the higher realm to make it reality.
    they see the end from the beginning. And they uproot and destroy the works of evil and enforce what is to be done according to the word of the Most High.

Warrior comes from my character's lore.
    My character is a spiritual warrior. He fights on behalf the greater good of reality.
    But he understands that darkness is not always a bad thing.
    :) all things work for the greater good.

Ok enough of the torturous reading. That's my character and his name Etymology
    • Like x 2
  18. AhshawnZ New Player

My first time making a villain, I wanted to make a demon-lord type of character so I searched on Google all about demon names and I found the name 'Allocer'' In demonology Allocer (also spelled Alocer or Alloces) is a demon whose title is Great Duke of Hell, and who has thirty-six legions of demons under his command. He induces people to immorality and teaches arts and all mysteries of the sky. But of course Allocer and alloces was taken so instead I came up with 'Alloceus'
    • Like x 1
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

hehehe, hey.. Vintage Wine is the **** ;).
    • Like x 1
  20. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

It indicates I have reached the maximum meta-human potential, level 75.
    • Like x 1