Skimming - Your Thoughts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jafin, Oct 1, 2014.

1. RAM23Wolf New Player

This new movement looks super awesome, but I do hope they make the plates color custom to ur palette as others have suggested. Also I hope that there will be at least two Idle stances to choose from, I would love the current stance for my female toons but I don't think I would like it as much for my male toons. Hopefully they can somehow keep the current idle stance for the people who liked it, and add an alternative for those who wanted something different.

Another thing is the Respec, I hope Legendary players get a free "thanks for supporting the game, this one's on us" Movement Respec token when this is released. Also, as someone suggested, a cheaper Respec Movement Style (not mode) Token, to switch between movements that are the same, functionality wise. sucks to pay $10 to go from flight to skimming, since only the animations are different that's basically having to pay $10 for a style change and seems very unfair to current Flyers. Hopefully Devs keep this in mind and thanks for the hard work on this awesome feature!
  2. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

Now that I've taken the time to watch the video...

I hate it. I was really excited and pictured, like, Static's flying disc or something the way people described it.

This looks like you're ice skating in the air, and standing still looks like you're about to fall backwards. I'm glad they're releasing a new movement mode, and I'll probably use it. I still, honestly, like absolutely nothing about the animations for it.

Just giving my honest opinion :/
  3. Quintus Adrien Well-Known Player

The new idle pose [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

In case you missed the latest livestream, we are adjusting the idle pose and have made the discs tint based on your primary color.
    • Like x 13
  5. kawe Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  6. FESTER665 Devoted Player

You have earned a respec token out of my toon. :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

This would solve my problem with it breaking immersion, and in a better way than what I was suggesting. Just sayin'. Hell, I think I may even become fond of Skimming if this were implemented.

I mean, if the disks are supposed to be ground-like platforms, it would make more sense for them not to be attached to your feet but for you to step on and off of them. Another idea would be to include animations where you use the disks to hit your foe instead of your foot or hand. :)
  8. Blight KOBRA Commander

Very cool Mepps, big applause to you and the rest of the team for taking the community's feedback and acting on it. Some nice changes definitely, but personally I think I'll still wait till you roll out movement mode power customization before I change any of my character's movement modes.
    • Like x 3
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Thank you for doing this for us! :D

Can you show the pose with a Stryker male and a Female body type? The Brute looks very stiff still in the shoulders, but I feel that it has to do with how the muscles are in the body type itself. It also doesn't help that Spytle always picks the brute type. :p

Anyways, thanks!
    • Like x 2
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Oh, snap! Unexpectedly awesome! Oh, and the idle pose change is subtle, but it looks much more menacing. Good work!
    • Like x 1
  11. Magnificent Loyal Player

I just got an email about you guys going on Twitch with Skimming Part II. I logged in and nothing is streaming. #sadfaceissad #wassupwiddat? #hashtagsareseriousbidness
    • Like x 1
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

:mad: I thought I had my Twitter set up for mobile alerts when Spytle tweets and now I missed the video! :p Will it be uploaded to YouTube? It's not in the list of past videos on the Twitch channel. /cry
    • Like x 1
  13. Deranya Dedicated Player

aww poor quantril. just look at the video on twitch
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Shhh as you see I said it wasn't there...but now it is.

One moment while I remove the egg from my face.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The replay is on twitch, and we'll get it on YouTube.
    • Like x 2
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

nice step on the coloring the discs !

idle pose still doesnt look good....that stretched neck omg
    • Like x 1
  17. Deranya Dedicated Player

i can add some bacon :p I said it cause I saw it was there
    • Like x 1
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

-_-
    • Like x 2
  19. Cataclyzm New Player

Hmmm.... I think the pose would look better with clenched fists. Make him look more intimidating. Really like the tinting option though!!!
    • Like x 3
  20. Little Sister New Player

The new idle stance is terrible. The head leaning forward makes them look like they have a spinal problem.
    • Like x 3