Premium needs a cash cap increase

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GhostsAndMagic, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

no there are people that have spent hundreds of dollars in game but are premium and kept on the same lvl as someone who has spent 5 there should be a teir system cash cap increase per money spent on game hence the al a cart system they implemented when they went F2P
    • Like x 3
  2. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Been saying this forever.... None of us work in SOE accounting...

It seems to be working as intended or they would've changed it. It's not like they're losing money just to spite people on the forums... Too bad escrow isn't searchable in the census data. :)

Wish I could give you more thumbs ups....
    • Like x 2
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Keep in mind that we also have no idea what the numbers are of people who remove the game or stop playing due to the cap. There is no survey when someone uninstalls the game or quits, so numbers are missing on both ends. SOE has no idea who leaves for cap reasons either, so even their numbers may not be giving them the full picture.
    • Like x 2
  4. Toshknight Loyal Player

i think with every DLC u buy , your Cash cap should go up 5k or 10k... but thats just me, cause if your not gonna go legendary.. which is a rediculous choice if you dont. but to each his own game play style.. yea i think the 2k cash cap is not good at all... , so yea raising the CAsh cap with DLC purchases.. is a great idea
    • Like x 1
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

True, but even with this data, it doesn't show what the player is actually using Escrow for. Does a player purchasing a 7 day Escrow pass instantly mean that all pay walls are working? Or was that player merely accessing their Escrow to buy a collection piece, base item, style off the Broker?

Knowing that data is irrelevant to both parties, the anti-increase and pro-increase crowds. Unless hard data was given showing exactly what a person bought whilst an Escrow pass was active, you'll never be able to get an accurate understanding of what people are buying them for. Even knowing through this sort of data doesn't give a true reflection. If I bought an Escrow pass to buy a base item and bought some Interfaces/repaired my gear whilst it was activated, the data would support the theory that I paid to access my Escrow to by pass the vendor pay walls.

Bottom line is it isn't a reasonable point to make, whatsoever, for either sides of the argument. You can not find out why people are buying escrow passes for data alone. The most likely case is it's because somebody wants something expensive off the Broker. It's most certainly the reason why I've paid to access it in the past. But again, without asking every single customer, without letting them know they're being researched, you'll never truly know if the pay walls are working in enticing people to pay for Escrow.
    • Like x 1
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

This is also very true.

Planetside 2, I believe, has a tier system. I don't know much about it but I know what when I was a PC All-Access member, I could "Level Up" my membership level to get more rewards.

A similar thing should happen with DCUO. $10 paid via marketplace transactions has no less value than $10 paid via a non-contractual subscription. You shouldn't be classed as second rate, especially not if you've been supporting DCUO for years. You definitely shouldn't be entitled to the same benefits as a Legendary subscriber, but you shouldn't be thrown in the same pen as someone who bought Mech wings and a weapon style pack 2 years ago, either.
    • Like x 4
  7. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

This is pretty much it in a nutshell. I went back to subbing because I want the unlimited access to my in game cash. I want the extra bank and inventory space(although more shared bank space would be nice). I like getting the DLC's early. I like being able to open up promethium boxes without having to think about it(even if the rewards are kind of meh). I like being able to go to the Vault every day(even though the rewards are just meh). And I like getting the free replay badges and loyalty points.
    • Like x 2
  8. Inferneus Level 30

i havent saw a more diabolical ideea like cash limit, in all my life... this game will die cause of it, conclusion this game is NOT f2p is just a free demo and nothing more, i ve been legendary, premium legendary all stuff, but still...
  9. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I always hoped your wallet will auto-fill from Esrow. [Assumed how it worked when I first saw it].
    Pros.
    • Simpler for Premiums
    • No need to do constant back and forth to repair gear or recharge base
    • Ability to buy and sell stuff to vendors with ease.
    Cons
    • Still have the same cap. [2000]
    • Cannot utilize broker
    • Cannot utilize most of R&D equipment
    • Cannot utilize money trade.
    I personally do believe the cash cap should not be increased until it is completely necessary to progression and there are no work around.
    • Like x 2
  10. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

What I'm saying Drath, there is a Tier system in place.

You buy your DLC's and other goodies at intervals that you choose and you get a cash cap. Whether its $5 or $5000.
    You go into this method with your eyes wide open. You knew there's a cap and you agreed to it.

You pay $10 to $15 monthly and there's no cash cap.
    The 1st month I decided to become Legendary. I liked what I saw and have paid monthly ever since.
    • Like x 2
  11. Twilight Man New Player

I've never posted my opinion on these numerous threads about getting a cash increase for premium players because I think it affects too many purchase related aspects of the game for any of us players to fully grasp the affect an increase would have. Negative and Positive.

So, in my limited understanding of all the less obvious ways an increase would affect the game, I feel Premium players should receive a $1,000 cash limit increase.
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

This is exactly why there will never be able to discuss this issue seriously and resolve it. Because of this inaccurate belief.

An increase to the cash cap does NOT infringe on the perk of unlimited cash. Unlimited cash will always be greater than a cash cap of $3k, $5k, $10k, $20k, $100k, $1m etc.

It doesn't even decrease the value of a Legendary subscription. Based on this logic, an increase from $1,500 to $2,000 cash limit removes the perk of being a subscriber when a player who doesn't pay monthly goes from a Free-to-play player to a Premium player.

Posts like this scream ignorance and entitlement. We already get a HELL of a lot from the Legendary subscription. Fact. What you pick and choose as your favourite parts of the subscription are irrelevant and in no way make the subscription any weaker. You don't see value in the other perks that come with Legendary, but that doesn't mean you don't get them and I'm pretty sure you take advantage of them too.

As the game evolves and features like new Legends characters, new powers and new movement modes will be given to subscribers at no additional cost, the already enticing Legendary option will only increase further in value than it already is. To act as though you get nothing and the only benefit of being a subscriber is the unlimited cash balance and therefore you strongly oppose any changes is flat out ignorance.
    • Like x 3
  13. Hero of Justice New Player

The more I play the game the more I start to feel that the cash cap for Premiums shouldn't be increased. It's fairly simple to work around the cap issues, particuarly if you have friends in-game or a good league to help you out. And the premium-legendary money jump is a big (or the big) reason that many people subscribe to the game in the first place. If you enjoy the game enough that you are a dedicated premium spender, it usually just makes more sense to go Legendary anyways.
    • Like x 2
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yes the cash cap wasn't a big deal two years ago when there were only a few DLC's and we had all been paying subscribers but this is going on year 4 and if someone has purchased all the DLC's and bank and inventory space and all the other extra goodies they have spent a good bit of money on the game. and that price will only grows as the game continues. plus not taking into account that at the time the 2000 cash limit would also allow the consumer to purchase the things they needed to mod their gear and repair cost on gear were nowhere near as high as now. we were sold on the idea that this would be a al a cart service and the Dev's just haven't spent anytime reworking the system for the continuation of the payment model. like I previously stated I dont think premium deserver all the extra goodies that comes with being legendary even tho most legendary people who fight to keep it the same pretend don't exists. but they do diserve a slight cash cap increase per money spent on game to differentiate them from the people who only buy a style once and then are premium forever. people like my wife and my self spend hundreds on game and also help to support it just like people like you do.
    • Like x 2
  15. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Every time I try to stop posting in these threads you keep posting and I miss our debates. :D
    • Like x 2
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

lol
    • Like x 1
  17. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

That kinda hurt my eyes. It looked like 1 long sentence. (no insult intended)

An old saying comes to mind here: "What have you done for me lately?"

I understand you bought the old DLC's. I understand if you bought in game items and supported the game. However DCUO is going to need the revenue now, not a year ago.

I doubt they'll give up perks that your promised to get if you pay the monthly. The whole point is to steer you to legendary. (I think)
    • Like x 1
  18. FESTER665 Devoted Player

We used to go back and forth with huge paragraphs.... It was classic.

I finally told him that as long as the requests were reasonable (like $500 per DLC, repairs coming out of escrow, or some type of tier setup) that I would no longer debate him on it. :D

That being said, I saw a few people posting about a tier type setup, would there also be bonuses for members based on money spent tiers? What kind of perks could people see with that?

I'll be honest, it might make me sick to see how much I've spent in the game but would be nice to get perks based on it as well.
    • Like x 2
  19. FameYack Committed Player

In the long run, is for the best
    Had there no way to turn it around then it wouldn't matter

But there are ways, they imply to play smart
    Most of your legendary leaguemates will support you for anything you need to buy, just ask,
    They might even carry interfaces just so you can repair your gear,
    they may even buy stuff for you in the broker
    they muy even buy your exobits with a plus just because it is you
    They will craft the items you need

And that is not only solidarity (which it does) but also because there are ingame incentives at play to do that

It's not even a Legendary vs Premium vs Free vs Captain Kruel discussion
    It is entirely economical and the truth is, in the long run, it is strategical

It is not happening (not in the forseable future) and that is disregarding any single personal opinion in favor or against

True i would prefer the cap were increased,
    But it is not for the best of the game but for solidarity

This would be the best though:
    • Like x 1
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

thats not the payment model they signed up for when the went F2P they went with a al a cart system. and 50 dollars just on booster golds this week seems pretty right now to me sir and feels like i help support the game also on a monthly basis as that is what occurs for me and many others