I'd like a cooldown on blocking

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CajunKhan, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Redscreen5 New Player

smdh
    • Like x 1
  2. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Not exactly what I depicted, but yeah, I understand your point. What I described was a variant of what they already have. Perhaps even more engaging?
  3. winter13 New Player

So...what you are saying is, you really want to be a dps?? Switch roles then :p
    • Like x 1
  4. Apocalyptic Rain New Player

Eww..I guess you're too into the visuals..
  5. JReel New Player

PVP is so broken now lmao. Can't even play legends without someone spamming BB attacks in the back with Circe or Doctor Fate.
  6. Kristyana New Player

While I don't want to see a cooldown on Blocking, I wouldn't mind seeing some new type of mechanic like a counter, as in it only activates when hit. Maybe does a huge stun on a boss, spins him around, teleports behind him, etc.

That could be cool, and could have a cooldown.
  7. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Counters that are power specific. Or, the counter animations are different for each power.
  8. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Come on now, at least wait till Gu41 is out to kill pvp.
    • Like x 1
  9. ErnieB Loyal Player

A tank that doesn't see the importance of blocking, awesome.
    • Like x 2
  10. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

[IMG]

This is what happens when you don't block.

Say no to block cooldowns.
    • Like x 5
  11. Archangel Rafael New Player

Then a better remedy is too request that they change the animation.

That's not going to happen either. It was talked about extensively right after launch. The block animation looks kinda dumb but it's hard to come up with 1 animation that looks right no matter what is being blocked.
  12. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

This would add new customization options. Customization, which DCUO is still lacking.

I cannot tell if you deliberately seek to devalue my ideas when I post on a thread your reading.

Long Side Note: I am not going to wait to make an idea that the developers have already announced they are already doing. I imagine they want ideas that they have not yet thought of (even those that fall under eccentricities). Not ideas that they have already pondered about and announced to the forums. If forum members had to shuffle through all the conditions the developers are under (which many of them are probably unknown to the community) they would barely post anything. They would be constantly be second guessing themselves to the point where they would not post any ideas at all.

So please, stop commenting on my post with non-constructive comments (e.g. at least wait till Gu41 is out to kill pvp). I choose ideas from what I know about DCUO. I use inference to guess what I suspect may be a condition developers are under. I do not take too much into account for community scrutiny. I do want to avoid the "what if issue". I have other ideas for DCUO but I think they go beyond the scope of this MMO.

I believe having powers that are more personalized would be welcomed. Doing a counter that triggers a visual blink (for Quantum) would be a plus to me. Other powers would get their version as well. Weapons sort of have this since they have their own individual visuals per power. For example, Martial arts for Quantum is visually different from nature when performing moves (e.g. Martial Arts's Spinning Punch).

Thank you.
  13. Spector Knight New Player

I've had my nose broken 14 times. I think that qualifies me to say, "Blocking is pretty important". :confused:
  14. DaTruthBeTold New Player

Is he trolling us I can't tell??
  15. pyroshade13 Committed Player

I did support freedom of speech.....and then you started talking...
  16. HoodWarbler New Player

Hahahahaha riiiiigggghht let's have a minute of cool down time and get ***** by the boss cause a Tank's main duty is too attack and aggro the other npc while in the meantime taking the heat off the other player's Right so cool down would be such an amazing idea. Getting ***** in under 10 seconds would be fun. Forget the hold triangle to break block. Just go out there and get ***** by the most well thought out plan. Look if you hate blocking become a healer