Robot Side kick

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Horus, Sep 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

1) That Quantum move is really annoying,
    2) I don't celebrate Christmas
    3) strawberry jam is wrong on so many levels
    4) you can't always play with league or friends
    5) I always make my own rotation , by practicing
    6) have a great day :)
  2. HiggletyPigglety New Player

I fail to see what is wrong with free damage. Please explain. I saw your post yesterday asking for compliments when you troll. Aren't you glad they have a power in their loadout that doesn't require any extra power from you?

Your same logic could be applied to Orbital Strikes or Backup/Henchmen. "OMFG ppl plz stop using it! HT is so nub smh." It could also be applied to buff soders. "OMFG ppl mod ur gear! buffs are so nub smh." All this leads to free damage.

I think your assumption that everyone has it because they are copycats is incorrect. You assume they play with no thought for themselves. I choose to give others more credit than this.

In my case, before GU40, my gadgets loadout included robot sidekick, because (1) I only needed 3 powers with my WM rotations (CF, NG, GG), and (2) I could go into stealth (with mod for detaunting/shielding/running away and for FG or supercharge) and it wouldn't blow up like the Turret. Also, I tried Turret, and noticed it put out less DPS than the robot sidekick.
    • Like x 5
  3. winter13 New Player

You come across as an angry and bitter dps that gets beat on the scorecard by players using robot sidekick, and you want to blame your performance on that.

Take your own advice sir....take the high road.
    • Like x 3
  4. HiggletyPigglety New Player

This is a valid complaint. I've had the same problem on my fire tank.

Similarly, it is super annoying when ppl hang out by the vendors/brokers/etc. with their pets out. Put them away, plz. Nobody is attacking the Watchtower.

P.S. you should have said this in your OP as your reason for concern.
    • Like x 3
  5. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

What drives me crazy is tons of adds in my way , In Lock Down I have enough to do. Fire still hasn't received a single target pull, so I have to use the tornado pull or the lasso. And if the power is low I can't afford to keep wasting my power because of robots , back up and the quantum players locking adds.
  6. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

Indeed
  7. DerMorat New Player

They would be attacking the watchtower if its the current rotation for the arena PVP. Just saying.

As for the robot sidekick, if you find they are annoying when you try to pull do a roll dodge and pull. You don't get hit as much.
  8. HiggletyPigglety New Player

There are no vendors in arenas :rolleyes:

But I get your sarcasm :p
  9. VariableFire Loyal Player

I don't mind Robot Sidekicks as a Fire Tank, they're small and singular. Fully-powered back-up on the other hand means I'm surrounded by 3 Full-sized persons per DPS (more if the supports use it). I'd like to see you not be irritated trying to get around 6 Backup suicidally grouped around you.

I do use Robot Side on my Fire WM DPS build. There's not a whole lot worth putting in that extra slot (I had a worthless flight breakout in there at first).
  10. lanternknight Committed Player

That is why you jump before you pull. I dont have time to keep telling people to move so I can pull. So, I pull the adds after i jump and the adds just go flying over my teammates.
  11. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

I don't care if people use the robot sidekick or any other Pokemon they got (like Fury, Brick, etc.) But I'll like if they could fly higher.

It's very annoying running behind the other players and getting stuck behind a pet and don't being able to pass because they are in the way. Or even worse, how many of you have been pin down between the boss, the tank and a bunch of pets? You can't roll away while blocking. Just roll in the same place and die cause the boss (Bruno for example) jump to attack you, other player jump behind him, the freaking pets and backup came to the party, you block and when you try to roll away (buahahaha welcome to hell) you get stuck and die.

Specially when you are in tank roll, those Pokemon are in the way even more in small places.
    • Like x 1
  12. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

My interpretation of the OP:

It does affect him, at least in PVP. The more variety players have in their load-out the more diverse battles he may experience.

In PVE the more diverse load-outs he experiences the more likely battle and the community may enhance his interest in DCUO.

In other words, identical loud-outs supplements the repetitious nature of battle and the community.

Bottom Line: If more diverse load-outs from players enhances his experiences in DCUO then making a thread that encourages it is "ok". The issue here was that he was bit intrusive in his wording in the OP.

Right here: "Take the training wheels off people learn your power set . But what can I expect from a community that runs to every OP power or weapon that comes out smdh". - I would not suggest using insults to make your point.
    • Like x 7
  13. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

The I want to play my way defense has been used since 2011. Truth is at the end of the day if your way is making life harder on the group don't be surprised if you're looking at a loading screen. 9 out of 10 groups will take a good tank over a monster dps, you can't burn if your getting destroyed by the boss
  14. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Made me laugh :) He'd probably kick me, I like blackberry jelly and Xtra chunky peanut butter.

And OP I agree kind of about pets while tanking, they can be a real pain in the butt when they are in the way and annoying/funny when people pop pets out in certain boss fights and they get lunged for doing it(looking at you Mantis) . Maybe you should have led with that instead of just insulting people. It still would have been a useless complaint thread but at least a little less mean and petty.
    • Like x 1
  15. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

Who cares if someone wants to use the robot sidekick plus a lot of people have their specific rotation and have that last slot open why not throw something in there that gives free damage.
    • Like x 1
  16. lanternknight Committed Player

This is a game that provides powers to use but only a few of them are worth using. Meaning you will work your loadout and rotation until you find something that works. Then you will notice that other people are also using the same loadout. So, because of the lack of viable options everyone will eventually end up with the same loadout to put out max damage. Plus those with less viable dps powers will use the robot sidekick to take up a slot instead of having a useless power in their loadout.

You mentioned how you are a fire tank. I bet you use the same fire tanking loadout as every other fire tank out there. I mean you already stated you use low pressure for your ranged pull. That is the pull that every fire tank uses. You should of used mesmerizing lasso since you want originality.

More importantly dont worry about what everyone else uses.
    • Like x 1
  17. Astral Lantern Well-Known Player

Much better way to lead this off would have been to share your experience in the Raids first...then state how the community should learn to be more aware as to when best to use these tools....i agree with your point on peeps using these overly much.....(may have been guilty of this at one time)....they should all just get the OS which hits harder and no interfering with the tank.

Tank is Lead and should get to make the call if they should be used in particular fights/instances....bottom line is this.......Who falls after the tank?........everyone else of course.
    • Like x 1
  18. lanternknight Committed Player

Only Fury is weapon mastery crit excluded.
    • Like x 1
  19. lanternknight Committed Player

Orbital strike has a long cool down and does not take up a power slot. Robot sidekick is used to take up a useless power slot.
    • Like x 2
  20. IdontDps Committed Player

You might be my most disliked poster after circe..literally all i see you do is complain
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.