GU 41: PvP Season 3 Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillTheSilence New Player

Healers are pretty weak in GU-41, you may not get that being a controller in-game, Giggles. They definitely need something to breakout with and dash attack and the other movement's escapes would really be perfect on all sides of the spectrum., since all movement modes have a way to escape.
    • Like x 4
  2. KillTheSilence New Player

Also, if all movements have a way to escape, there's no reason to nerf flywheel. (There's no reason anyways) Stop nerfing things and start buffing things. =/
    • Like x 3
  3. KillTheSilence New Player

Acro, flight, and superspeed all have their advantages. Flight can stay in the air where no one can see you while you spam weapon mastery combos, and also has an ability that puts you straight into super sonic speed with no supercharge costs WHILE IN COMBAT! Acro can escape fastly from a fight by spamming F, Space, or G in a particular order. (I forgot what order it's in, maybe someone can enlighten us) and travel faster than all other movement speeds, and superspeed can get away from opponents fastly.
    • Like x 2
  4. bitGAM3R Well-Known Player

Also, Tunso, is the healer debuff suppose to be stripping PoT still?
  5. KillTheSilence New Player

Watch a Shaulim video to see how you can escape from a fight faster than any other movement can as flight. In my opinion flight and acro should be nerfed, over superspeed. But of course I want nothing nerfed. Don't fix what doesn't need fixed.
  6. bitGAM3R Well-Known Player

Swoop allows you to go straight into movement mode like dash attack use to. If you're going to keep dash attack a super, make all escape skills supers then. Only fair right? Seriously unnerf dash and give it a proper CD then there will be ZERO issues.
    • Like x 3
  7. Soul Dedicated Player

Healers are the least durable role in the game, they have no cc immunity gained through power, healing itself in this game remains behind in the insane DPS race in PvP (since forever it seems like),they have no pickups and their shields are stripped by 3 taps (regardless of dmg) unlike any other roles shield in the game.

In the fair and balanced DPS to DPS fight we all know and like in the PvP scene, healer powersets are at a huge and unjust disadvantage due to the lack of sustained CC immunity and/or DMG prevention, have been since Breaking out of counters was no longer possible.

You are obviously unaware of actual balance in this game, and your comments continuously harms PvP in this game, for years.

Please do us a favor and stick to "Fixing" PvE issues.
    - Whatevers left of the PvP Community.
    • Like x 10
  8. bitGAM3R Well-Known Player

You hit it right on the nail there Soul.
    • Like x 2
  9. yaya2220 New Player

Agree with you 100%
    • Like x 1
  10. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

*Sigh* This is the first game I've ever really PvP-ed in and I'm just now getting my legs. Now you're going and changing a bunch of stuff on me. :p

Hopefully, this will make things a bit more balanced. And though I'm not sure I'm thrilled with the exclusion of the Home Turf mods, it actually makes sense from a balance perspective.
  11. Horrorshow New Player

People still entertain him? :d

Healers have always been way too easy to kill in pvp.
    • Like x 1
  12. Giggles Loyal Player

Nope, I'm looking at it from a perspective of someone who will play with and be up against other healers. The days where healers could heal an entire team with ease are gone. Now healers no longer have the ability to heal raid like bosses in PvP. Now they are balanced against other players. They do the same damage as other support roles, and are bound by the same power restrictions as everyone else.

Healers do not need pick ups. What people need to do now is learn to work as a proper team. In other words, roll with a Tank. The pick ups are fine the way they are. Everyone will adapt, give it time. :)
    • Like x 1
  13. Giggles Loyal Player

First off, all movement modes have been given grounding effects in GU41. Secondly, if you really think that inertial flywheel does not need to be given the same restriction as the rest of the movement modes, then I do not believe you Arena PvP much, or you are Super Speed yourself. No other movement mode can escape combat like Super Speed can presently. Tunso already said, the fix to flywheel in combat will be in GU42.

Also, if you think swoop attack, and backflip kick are escape moves, feel free to try that in combat, it does not get you out, especially if you are dotted. The real escape moves for all mode modes are Super Charges. I'll even list them for you, it's Dust Off, Dash Attack, and Perfect Poise. THOSE THREE, are escape powers and ALL are SCs, so therefore Dash Attack should remain an SC.

Lastly, Healers are fine the way they are in GU41. They do not need a pick up other than their PvP breakout trinket. Their ability is the ability to heal. No other role has that, and it is a significant advantage. Healers will be expected to fight now, not just spam heals. They have the same base damage as ALL support roles (135%) and there are also no more role vs role debuffs.

This PvP update is PvP evolution. We went from power spamming, to now in GU41 skillful and tactful combat. Since power is limited for ALL roles, we must all be careful when and how we choose to use our Super Powers. We all have the same stats, we all have the same power, resto, health, precision, might, etc. The ONLY difference between each and everyone of us, is how we choose to mod our gear. That's it, it's really that simple. Now PvP will be about skill. Period. :)
    • Like x 1
  14. Giggles Loyal Player

I suggest you read the patch notes, because I don't think you are grasping just exactly how everything is changing. Have you played on the test server yet? I can say I have as each role, and they all feel balanced with their own slight advantages. One of the biggest issues as far as balance amount movement modes is inertial flywheel, and Tunso already confirmed it will be fixed in GU42.

I have to ask, what game have you been playing that Healers are weak? Have you not played in many 5's matches? The main reason for stalemates and long drawn out matches is Healers, over healing their groups. Now that is fixed, and brought into line. Healers can heal themselves better than any other role, they do not need a second pick up other than the PvP breakout trinket, solely because of that reason. They have a PvP breakout trinket, and the choice to run with a Tank who can cleanse them. Also keep in mind, we all have the same stats, the only difference in stats is Skill Points (which we can all earn) and Mods (which we can all craft or buy synthetic versions of). Everyone will now have to adapt to this new version of PvP. It's part of playing an MMO.

Lastly, please don't speak for the PvP community, your opinion is the completely opposite of mine, and I PvP. There are many people who enjoy these changes, who also in fact PvP. Just read most of this thread. So please, in the future, speak for yourself, and not the community. Thanks. :)
    • Like x 3
  15. KillTheSilence New Player

Your argument for Dash Attack remaining a supercharge is that the others are supercharges. We assumed you would assume that we'd like those other escape abilities to not be supercharges as well. We want balance. The movements are balanced at the moment. Nerfing superspeed will make them unbalanced. ANY movement can escape a fight quickly... in order of speed it goes Flight > Superspeed > acrobatics.
  16. KillTheSilence New Player

Using a shield or atleast getting immunity from a counter shouldn't be hard, unless you're having trouble countering people... In fact a couple weapons have 1 tap 1 hold aoe abilities resulting in a circle of melee damage which interrupts anyone near you who's using an interruptable move.
  17. Giggles Loyal Player

Wrong, in combat both Flight and Acro are extremely slowed. Super Speed is as well, but with the currently unintended mechanic that Inertial Flywheel has, it is not hindered by the slow like all the other movement abilities. Dash attack, Dust Off, and Perfect Poise are the real escape moves for all movement modes, and are ALL SCs, go read their descriptions. Currently, the only movement mode that can escape combat quickly, is Super Speed, and that will be fixed in GU42. :)
    • Like x 2
  18. Clifwing New Player

You mean acro can escape quickly from a fight by spamming movement lock while jumping and moving in a certain order.
  19. Karasawa Loyal Player

I guess it isn't common knowledge that Swoop Attack and Backflip are both usable in combat and are excellent escape skills.

Swoop Attack lets you go into super sonic immediately after use, even if used during combat:

Backflip lets you use a grapple line immediately after use, even if used during combat:

Dash Attack used to function in exactly the same way until it was turned into a supercharge. After being turned into a supercharge it granted all of the above benefits in addition to a 3-second shield and breakout, but honestly it doesn't need these things. It just needs to go back to being a regular tray ability like Swoop Attack and Backflip.
    • Like x 9
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

also Tunso pls take a look at those short videos and reconsider ur decision :

and

like u can see fly and acrobatic movement mode have a non SC escaping skill while superspeed has only flywheel, nerfing it would unbalance pvp...

if u go forward and nerf flywheel u also have to nerf backflip and swoop attack... which is not necessary... either way nerfing flywheel and not changing Dash Attack to an non SC move is not balanced.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.