Devs, why are red and blue plasmics in the booster bundle after they were deemed exclusive ?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FESTER665, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FameYack Committed Player

Technically all our toons and information belongs to Sony so we don't own any auras...

:confused: Yeah, like I would like to see that sort of comment, :cool:
    • Like x 3
  2. wyn333 New Player

I think there's some difference between your case and ours.. I'm not sure what you needed to give up for the rare items you got, but these "exclusive" plasmic auras owners either invested their money or time (if they pay with in game cash) for these items..

It's still very nice of you not minding a return of these items tho
  3. flawles New Player

Bought a blue plasmic for 60mill to use on my villain a few months back but decided not to use it.

held onto my "exclusive" item as it was only going to go up in price as they became more rare. an item that was easily worth 100+ mill(EUPS) is now worth 5mill on the broker 1 day after you release this new bundle.

was so pissed with how little it was now worth that i just gave my plasmic aura to my mate instead. smh whoever was in charge of deciding what auras went into this bundle :mad:
    • Like x 1
  4. Minnion Devoted Player

You read the whole post right? Everyone is entitled to the prizes that they won as far as I'm concerned, and I get it I really do, you're angry that they changed their minds about raffling the same prize off in more than one raffle.

As to your analogy....
    1.This isn't a car, it's a line of code access to which was one of the random prizes in a raffle.(Yes at the time of the raffle players were told that the prizes were exclusive to that raffle, or at least that seems to be the case) There was literally an unlimited number of these auras that could be won.(But only a limited amount of money, and a limited time window to win them)
    2.The window is open again, and this time you have better odds of wining one of the unlimited number of prizes before the time window closes again.(Yeah I know, it sucks that the prize you believed was only going to be used in the one raffle is being used again and many have won it already.)
    3.What do you think the company could do at this point to save face? They can't take back the prizes rewarded in the latest raffle without loosing face.
    They've already lost face with those who are upset about their "exclusive" auras being put back in the prize pool for another limited time raffle.
    Making a new "exclusive" aura to give to those who they lost face with means that they are limiting themselves in what they "can" release in any future lock-boxes or as marketplace items in general.

That said I look forward to seeing how the Devs respond to this "PR nightmare."
  5. Spidey Well-Known Player

Well if "exclusive" really only means "exclusive for a limited time" then you know what that means, kiddies.

Batman cowl, baby! Get with it, Spytle!
    • Like x 3
  6. FameYack Committed Player

Many people are missing the main issue,

It is PR and in the end, it is in our overall best interest,

Depending what's your mindset,

• They either didn't need permission,
    • They were making the right move in the best moment possible
    • or It was a communication problem which we have to accept and process

Anyway it was for the best
    • Like x 1
  7. Fel1x90 New Player

I know alot of people including myself who are mad about this. People were spending alot of money for your so called "exclusive auras". I had a blue plasmic aura in my bank to sell it on the broker for a good price. The value dropped and now they are worth next to nothing. Don't call something exclusive and charge 20 bucks for it when it's obviously NOT exclusive.
  8. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Been here since launch, never once have they waivered on their definition of exclusive.

Until Yesterday.
    • Like x 3
  9. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I wondered about this yesterday too, after seeing them in the brokers
    I bet this is a Pez Fedora thing.... he is new-ish and might not have realized 'Exclusive' is a touchy subject.
    It seems out of character for DCUO. imo.

That said, I'm not upset about it...(the bundle is great)
    I agree with those who are upset about it...
    I'm holding an Original Nimbus to use or sell...so,
    If was a red or blue plasmic... I'd be a little miffed that it did not hold it's 'rare exclusive' value.
  10. Cataclyzm New Player

It would seem the trend they're going with is at first making one new original aura such as the very first plasmic and then making different color variations off that aura. Same as they did with the first nimbus aura that were now seeing in new colors. Next will be the smoke aura. The very first original types of these auras seem to not make a comeback but the different colored versions of those same auras are fair game.
  11. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Funniest part is that the batman cowl really didn't cost anything....people came back to the game at the right place and right time. Some people spent a fortune on these booster bundles just to have the exclusive auras.
    • Like x 2
  12. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I would agree with that normally, but then they shouldn't have said that all three colors in the last bundle were exclusive.

Also, they're not saying the Smoke one is exclusive. I asked Mepps and he "mentioned" it would be seem to be that way but the word exclusive was never said.... So are we going to see black smoke auras next bundle again? Should people not spend $50 million on them currently or spend cash on bundles to hold them and sell at a later date?
    • Like x 1
  13. guardzman New Player

As someone who got the red plasmic aura i was a bit upset since i was expecting something original an different. Especially since i spent the money on the bundle for the auras
  14. WickedRhys Well-Known Player

yh if someone was holding onto these apparently "exclusive" red and blue plasmics and they were planning to sell them when they were very rare, they've just been screwed over.
    • Like x 1
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

That's cool. It's not about rights or privileges. It's about history. If you weren't around for any of the events or to obtain the exclusives, then it's just too damn bad. Exclusives should remain exclusives.
  16. Cataclyzm New Player

Yea I hear ya, they really need to make it clear if any of these auras will ever be released again or if this is a one time offer. I think they probably just don't want to set anything in stone in case any one particular aura is crazy popular and sells through the roof, that way if need be they can re-release it to make some good $$$
  17. Tom Sawyer New Player

Seriously? No I mean seriously....out of all the lack there of stuff, glitches and dull nature, drop in population and cries for help in regards to the game your gripe is that your character running around like a flickering lightbulb, exclusive item, has return. Like are you really loosing sleep over this? No I;m actually serious.

Is this a vanity thing, or greed whatnot. But does this matter? Is it life and death. Jesus the things these people complain about on the forums.
    • Like x 2
  18. HardlineHero Committed Player

• Like x 2
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Nope, not a vanity thing at all, as far as I can tell. It's more like "Hey, I spent $$$$ to get one of these things that you told me would never be available again, and now you're selling a new bundle, at half the price, with a better chance of getting the same exclusive thing." So that makes it more like a false advertising thing.

Me, I couldn't care less. I bought one of the first bundle, got the original plasmic, and haven't bothered since, because I can get what I want from the broker.
    • Like x 2
  20. Minnion Devoted Player

So far the only reason I see that makes selling Booster bundles that contain auras from previous bundles a "bad" thing is the hurt feelings of some of those who bought booster bundles in the past.(A reason that apparently did not register with the Devs, or was outweighed by the good things that the Devs get out of selling the current Booster bundle as is combined with all the customers who were made happy by having a chance at the "rare" auras old and new.)

Would be interesting to see if you can provide a logical argument for why exclusives should remain exclusive until the end of the game... So far your argument hinges on the Devs needing to care about our feelings for the sake of sales, though I'd argue that those who received the exclusives and still care about those exclusives being exclusive are a diminishing minority, and at the point where selling the exclusives becomes a cost effective way to make money then it will probably happen.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.