HL gu41...again

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by pyroshade13, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Clip New Player

If you farm long enough you can enjoy "hard light" again once you found it in destiny ;)
  2. Jamie New Player

I really wish my idea of how to balance things would have gotten traction. I suggested that things get balanced so that all powers are used equally. People use moves either because they like the look of them or how effective they are. When the dev's would see a move wasn't being used they would try to determine why. If the power could be saved they would save it. If the power was beyond saving they would scrap it and create a new one. Some people like clipping so some moves could clip fast. Some people like to see big numbers so you would have some powerful cast powers. There would be a million tweaks that could be done and in the end all cookie cutter load outs would be dead. I would love to see that day.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I would love to see that day too.
    we can all dream though :(
  4. Mad9 New Player

I am sorry but I think most of my damage on rage and light comes from WM combos and Power crits and precision constructs. I use one or two might hits in a single rotation but most of my damage comes from weapon mastery and construct combos. My might hit without the assured weapon mastery crit is less than impressive. I can't simply use construct combos and power combos without an assured crit on my might based tray powers.

I don't see the balance. I don't see an Awesome Mechanic.
    • Like x 1
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Why do the community boot players who don't score a high enough damage out stat on the scoreboard then if it isn't a good measure of success? Enjoyment is a personal thing. What one person hates another person loves. Invalid statement.

Because I'm sick to death of the all the time the developers are spending, chasing their tails, trying to do right by the Hard Light community and having it consistantly thrown back in their faces.

Hard Light's changes don''t affect me directly, but this is at least the third Game Update since GU36 that has involved tinkering with Hard Light. The changes haven't even hit test yet and people are already whining. Even though it basically gives them exactly what they've been twining on about since GU36: The ability to rely on Constructs more to do damage.

The developers will never win because they're trying to please people who don't want to budge on their stance with Hard Light. Hard Light isn't broken. People have proven that. It's a viable DPS option. Yet so many people consistently hammer lock the developers into changing it because they're still sour that you can't do the Goldeneye Glitch-esq power spamming of pre-GU36 anymore.

Congratulations... you're doing it right... They didn't give us Weapon Mastery because it's some sort of bonus feature that you can use if you want. No. It's a change to the core mechanics in higher tier content. Don't use it at your peril. The only options you have are whether you decide to clip your WM combo with a burst hit or whether you want to hit an Advanced Mechanic. That's it. That's why Weapon Mastery combo damage is not affected at all by any of the Advanced Mechanics and only the Crit bonus is.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jax Prime New Player

Why does the community shout for CR 106+ for Nexus when people completed it at CR 80-90? HL was a fun power. Let it be understood that it was fun more than OP. Yes, what is enjoyed by one can be hated by the other, however, the general idea and appreciation of HL came from how fun and unique it was. Which is what most people are asking for.

The Devs put themselves in this mess in the first place. They asked for feedback and suggestions and there was 300+ pages of it. But out of all those suggestions, they decided to ignore 99.9% of it and implement 2 changes (P.I. - Which was a last minute ask and Impact pot). So please, save your pity for ones who deserve it.

And since GU36, they have not done anything that has made HL fun to play or listened to any suggestions by the HL community. What they have done is successfully run the power to the ground.

Why do they continuously tweak HL? Because they continuously mess it up. Its that simple.

And I hope you understand that since they practically made using combos useless, which is not because of power usage mind you, but the lacklustre damage the constructs do, the sluggishness and clunkiness of the combos, the forced P.I. and the fact that there is a High risk - Little reward system in place for HL (completely contradicting their statement about how HL, Rage and Celestial are High risk - High reward power sets).

Since you are adamant on continuing to post on a subject you are not well versed in, answer the following questions.

Do you know why HL was considered OP?

Do you know why HL started being poor when that said reason was taken away?

Do you know what the current HL play style is?

Do you know the risk in using HL combos?

Do you know where most of the damage done by HL players come from?

No, Weapon mastery was introduced as an alternative to AM and clipping. Not to be the start and finish of the power sets. I mean what kind of super hero/villain game, with Lanterns, Superhumans with elemental powers has their Heroes/Villains rely on weapons? I mean its like seeing Superman using a bat constantly instead of heat vision.
    • Like x 3
  7. Crimson Jonni New Player

If it doesnt concern you then why are you letting it get to you? What do you mean changes that the community wanted being thrown back at them? In gu36 all they did was remove jc( an issue that is not even relevant anymore) and added a pi. Then in gu38 light got an adjustment to the pi because it wasnt activating correctly, fixed some of the powers that were supposed to do more damage with the pi , and added inspiration, and a ranged pot. The ranged pot was asked for extensively so thats one instance where 'hL players got what they want. Then with lightblast, the devs changed it to be single target, which would had a negative impact on stunning while trolling. So it reverted back to normal.

This update adds a powerback mechanic. Thats it. Its nothing more nothing less. Also if you've noticed, this is also the third time electricity/ nature has had some fixing in an update as well, so whats the big deal? And also, jusy because you've seen numbers on a scorecard doesnt mean a power is fine. Fan's axis is still broken, and even though it hits fairly decent and repeated use can make your numbers bigger and bigger, its still broken. And if you read any of the feedback between the two threads, you'll notice that even though there were some players living in the past wanting jc back, eventually they died out for the most part and people came up with constructive ideas for utilization of said AM. However, it seemed subsequently ignored by the dev in charge; a parallel between dev interaction in electricity and light, spord was alot more active, at least letting us know he was hearing some of what we had to say about electricity.

And lastly, why shouldnt someone want to do more damage from their AMs? I'm pretty sure that when wm was announced, no one was thinking "oh boy I cant wait for a mechanic that completely masks my power comes around" it was known it was gonna be a tool, but not that it would have far greater capabilities than some of our powers. Currently, with the exception of gadgets, WM+burst damage dominates. For some AM's, there is very little synergy between them and wm, thus limiting play styles. I'm not saying wm is bad cause it does indeed help alot. But that is just it: it helps enough to mask the problems individual powersets have, and in increasing the damage output and effectively masking said problems, it leads people to believe that something they know little about to be fine, despite others having extensive experience with them.

When people ask for adjustments, there goals arent always to make something op. All the light community wanted for the most part is some encouragement to even use combos. When the dovetails hit, it slowed the combos down immensly. As far as damage is concerned, if you're going to try and say that slow powers and low damage is 'balanced' then idk what to tell ya. Luckily they did do some fixes on that so its not as big of a deal. But maybe broken is the wrong word to describe this powerset. Extremely flawed seems more acceptable. It doesnt flow well at all with the current direction content is heading. A single target specializing melee based powerset in a range and aoe world per say.

Everyone can't be pleased and thats understandable and is to be expected. But to assume people whine just because they have an issue that you dont understand or agree with? Come on man.
    • Like x 6
  8. Jamie New Player

1st paragraph - None of the changes except the power back were asked for by the HL community. Of all the changes only 1 was asked for.

2nd paragraph - The latest round of tweaks do nothing about the damage. Yes, we can get power back but our damage still sucks.

3rd paragraph - No one has even attempted to prove that HL is not broken because everyone that tries it knows it is. Anyone that has claimed otherwise has relied on WM for the majority of their damage.

4th paragraph - WM is a bonus feature that we can use if we want. The dev's have clearly stated that WM is meant to be 1 of 2 paths to maximum damage. WM was added for the people that do not like to clip. AM is meant for for those that do. And you should never clip a WM combo since you sacrifice the crit hit on your burst by doing so. You really should go and read what the dev's have said about WM and AM since you are clearly misinformed on most if not all fronts of it.
  9. pyroshade13 Committed Player

sorry u were wrong with your opening statement because jump cancel wasn't all that happened. The dovetails added to the powersets is what really hurt clipping of all powersets.
  10. Captain Neos Committed Player

Heres hoping we get some of that block breaker loving in pvp.
  11. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

My precision GH dot and might GH dot don't stack, so I'm not sure what this glitch is.

Also, combo Hand Clap hits a bit harder than combo GH. So instead of HC>GH/GH>Fan/Chompers, try HC>HC/GH>Fan/Chompers. Great combo but only use it on single target. For AOE, I don't think there's anything other than WM>Chompers.

Edit: Just realised GH does stack, but only in instances not on the sparring target. I guess I'll go to HC>GH instead of HC>HC.

Edit: Or not? I thought I did see it stacking in LD today, then when I ran a duo to test it, it was overwriting. I'm confused, do GH's prec and might dots stack or not?
  12. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

They really need to do something about HL. It gets a mini-revamp every update (or at least it seems). At this point they either need to TAKE THEIR TIME with the power or just get rid of it because this is ridiculous
    • Like x 1
  13. Jax Prime New Player

HC-cGH-cFan is too long. You would get more damage out of Clipping the animation of cGH with Chompers.
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

I never said HC-cGH-cFan. I was talking about HC-cGH/GH-cFan, which I'm about to switch up and try GH-cFan/HC-cGH. Which is still about the same length as the combo you said and it's actually not too long. With DW it works really well on single target.
  15. Hero of Justice New Player

Clipping was promoted, I doubt that JCing was as the devs have since referred to it as an exploit. It was pretty clear that it was not the intended way to play the game, I think one of the devs' biggest mistakes was letting it go for so long. When they eventually took action, it led to the firestorm we've had. As for the power's former ability, whether it was overpowered or not (which is debatable), it was certainly in the top tier of powers damage-wise that was clearly above the rest. With WM all of the powers can rack up the damage, but since the HL forum community generally dislikes it the dissatisfaction is high. You can still do massive damage, it's just that the most obvious way is one that you have rejected.

As for weapons and the lore, it depends on the weapon(s) you use. If you use Hardlight weapons it makes perfect sense and in fact enhances the lore, being able to switch between various hardlight-construct weapons is very cool for me. If you are using the giant hammer from the Braniac ship it obviously stretches that, but if you pick a Light char. (which requires you paying in some way) you have the choice to either go with the whole "deputy Lantern" idea and use whatever weapon you wish as you are not a GL proper, or go with the HL-styled weapons (or styles that fit the GL feel) to reinforce your character in the lore. But WM by itself certainly doesn't go against the lore of DC.
    • Like x 1
  16. pyroshade13 Committed Player

ok. so firstly JC was never an exploit it was in fact INTENDED. The reason I say this is because when rage was introduced in the livestream they showed the power plasmic retch and they showed in the livestream that it was able to be jump canceled and that was how you were supposed to use the power. Secondly the whole point is HL cannot do major damage WM can.
    • Like x 2
  17. Jax Prime New Player

Its still longer than clipping the animation of Grasping hand when using HC-cGH. As much as I would love to promote the usage of combos, it just isn't efficient atm to be using construct combos i.e. HC-cGH/GH-cFan is longer than HC-cGH/Chompers - WM. You would most likely get an extra few hits every minute making it more efficient to clip cGHs animation with Chompers.

Also, I believe the reason its not stacking is because the target has to be dazed first.
  18. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

It's pretty effective for me.
  19. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Theres really only 2 points that need to be brought up here

1) if these HL dps are topping the scoreboards every single time its not due to the power. Its boost colas and robot sidekicks and trinkets and WM. That, or the other dps are ridiculously bad with their power.

2) Spytle released a graph of the powers and how their so called "AM" measured up, how each power, without WM, stood dmg-wise. You must not have seen this graph tbh, otherwise you'd realise that HL, which was hailed as being 1 of the top 3 dmg powers, is now last.
    • Like x 6
  20. xFearMe Active Player

Can they at least give Inspiration an animation!?
    • Like x 2