saint walker worth buying?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Michael17, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Michael17 Well-Known Player

he apparently sounds like fun, put your little hp discourages me
  2. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

He is pretty beast 1v1
  3. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

INB4 rocket scientists.
    • Like x 1
  4. Clone 17 New Player

Well, after his number 1. cannot be jump cancelled anymore, he really isn't that good :/ I would say he's average.
  5. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

If you want a challenge yes.
  6. Hero of Justice New Player

He's not bad, he does have low health as you mentioned but he has a shield that helps his survivability, plus the full-restore supercharge he can do about once per battle. He's a more offense-based character so he can put out solid damage.

He can be pretty fun to play, although now I tend to use Kyle Rayner more often when I want to play a Blue Lantern. I still use Saint though.
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Popped in to see if there were any improvements with crowd control and how the devs have been doing with communication. So no Hero, I'm not back :p

This is the only accurate post here so far. Saint is one of the worst legends in the game. He has neither good offense or survivability. The only thing keeping him from being the absolute worst in the game is his supercharge. And with the long cool down that thing has you'd be lucky to use it more than once per game.

The finisher itself is one of his few redeeming factors of him however it's usefulness has been hurt with the increase to power regeneration in legends. The shield itself helps, barely. If it were to absorb the full 2500 damage without being able to be tapped away that would leave Saint with about 6800 health total, just about on par with Huntress, one of the best balanced characters in the game, who has higher overall burst than Saint. Sadly that isn't the case and the shield can be stripped away for something stupid like 500 damage through 3 taps.

In short, don't bother with him as of now unless you've got no other characters to buy.
    • Like x 1
  8. Hero of Justice New Player

Drat. :p

As for Saint, I kind of disagree. Simply because between his powers he still has a lot of tools that many or most Legends don't have, like the execute, the effects from his no. 4, the shield (even a bad one still gives him better effective health), and the SC. And I still like his no. 2 for dealing damage. I'd put him closer to the bottom of the average tier than at the very bottom. Of course I could be (and probably am) completely wrong... :D
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The effect from his number 4 is a simple AoE knockback. When it knocks back it deals even less than it's already pitiful amount of damage and not to mention is dodgeable.

Finishers always help, however due to having low damage out and survivability it is more difficult for him to get someone down to the point wherein that finisher can be effectively used.

Like I said, even with the shield, it still hardly helps due to shields being capable of being stripped after 3 hits.

And once again with the SC you'd be lucky to use it more than once per match due to it having a 5 minute cool down. It's the only thing keeping him from being the absolute worst.

About the highest burst damage Saint can do now is somewhere around 2000 I believe.

250 from the block breaker
    about 575 from counter damage
    about 800 from weapon damage
    300 from azure shockwave
    150 damage from temperance.

The first three things in that list are standard for every martial arts legend in the game, so there isn't anything there that gives him exceptional burst damage other than a potential extra 150 if you happened to be very lucky and place temperance within a very particular time frame, if not you'll only be getting about 75 damage off of it. So realistically you'll be getting just ever so slightly higher damage than a low damage burst character.

Here's Batman on the otherhand

about 800 from weapon damage
    300 from forward flip

Just about 2000. However once per minute Batman will be able to get something more like this.

about 600 from weapon damage
    700 from stealth
    300 from forward flip

Batman will get at max about 2400. However that can go up further if he has his pet up.

Note that these damage outputs depend on every single attack hitting for just about max damage but do not take crits into play. If we did Batman would win out here definitively due to his drone giving a crit damage buff.

EDIT: Not to mention Batman has more crowd control effects.

Also I realize I had done my math completely wrong on the shield. It'd place Saint Walker at about 7700 health. 1000 more than Batman/Huntress. I can't math :p Though like I said, when going up against a good player that thing will absorb about 500 damage.
  10. Hero of Justice New Player

I mistakenly thought that Saint's no. 4 buffed your teammates' ability which was what I was referring to by its useful tool, but I just checked Shiny's guide to make sure and apparently that's not actually the case. So that's off. The rest of your points are sound too - I tend to give a bit more weight to finishers than you do ( I remember us disagreeing on the forums about where WW was a while back partly due to her finsisher, lol :p) , but that's more personal preference/playstyle than official Legends criteria.

So, I withdraw my objections... (kind of figured I would end up doing that :D)
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You might have gotten that from something Clutch brought up a while ago about how he would like Saints 4 to do that.

The reason I'm rating Saint's finisher much lower in this case is because of how low Saint's health and damage output is compared to other characters. It makes it significantly more difficult to get people to the point where he can get to effectively use a finisher. It's still a point in his favor, but less useful than someone's such as Cheetah and far, far less than the melee finishers (which need adjustments).
  12. TH0R New Player

Get Classic Batman, don't spend a dime and own everyone in Legends :D
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Batman is a solid mid tier character and well balanced. Broken Crowd control has given him an artificial buff but he's far from where you've put him. Though definitely above where Saint is.
  14. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

A lot of the legends characters may seem more appealing (and some, less appealing) when legends PVE content is eventually added into the game.
  15. TH0R New Player

Just learn how to use him, he's a beast. :cool:
  16. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Lex has 300 less health and can consistently put out over 1000 more damage per counter than Batman and has better safe damage.
    Circe can avoid almost all counter punishment.
    Two Face, when using his Harvey Domination Supercharge can put out a massive amount of damage while mitigating 75% of incoming damage when using Bullet Storm.
    When Bane uses his Supercharge it gives him the highest base stats in the game and can remain under the effect of those stats until he dies.
    Wonder Woman can successfully one shot most characters when they are at 50% health during a hard stun. Not to mention the best safe damage in the game. Plus a reflection and only 300 less health than Batman.
    Catwoman can deal 3700 damage during a single counter.
    Wonder Girl has higher burst damage than Batman as well as the best safe damage in the game, not to mention a reflect.

Batman is currently a solidly balanced mid tier character. He's got high health, low burst however once per minute he can get slightly higher burst damage. Also suggesting to learn how to use him isn't exactly a good tactic against the person who wrote the guide on how to use the character :p
    • Like x 2
  17. TH0R New Player

Ok, I'm glad that players think that Batman is weak, Muhaha :D
  18. Vaper Level 30

Are you the same TH0R from the league 'Marvel 'that used Batman against me not two days ago and the score ended 1000-0 against you? just wondering because before getting time to do my usual /bow or type GG in versus you spat a lot of rage at me in versus chat about how I can only win by tying you up. and then afterwards proceeded to tell me I belong two metres underground. Not very sportsmanlike to say the least.

Rare that I will post on forum, I prefer to read what wiser people say. As indeed you should be when a wise man has clearly explained why Batman is mid tier :)
    • Like x 3
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Someone isn't top tier or weak simply because someone says so, such as you. Please, as I had done with my comparison between Saint Walker and Batman previously throughout this thread, support your argument with numbers or constructive examples.
    • Like x 3
  20. TH0R New Player

Batman is mid tier :)