HL gu41...again

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by pyroshade13, Sep 17, 2014.

1. SkullGang Devoted Player

Show us.
    • Like x 2
  2. Abisial Committed Player

Stop whining about HL for ****les sake
  3. The Sups Level 30

I have spent hours with HL against sparring targets, trying to find the best loadout. The one that does most damage is ridiculously easy to do, requires no AM whatsoever and is still far below Rage. It is quite possible that JR has found something great. But, we need proof that you can stay close to a top Rage DPS. JR, if you are on USPC, I would like you to run against Light Sauce and compare.
    • Like x 1
  4. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

If you're fine being mediocre then I agree don't whine. Top level DPS is a different story sadly IMO.
    • Like x 1
  5. Abisial Committed Player

Stupid request. Even before the WM change I used a Weapon in PvP
  6. Abisial Committed Player

I've been hardlight since lv 16 and have been COMPLETELY fine going against others
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

This is a problem about constructs. Take your nonsense somewhere else.
    • Like x 2
  8. jr1nc Dedicated Player

sure i can do that!
  9. FuryX New Player

All things being equal hardlight has no reliable aoe.. fix the cone of fan and well be on the right track.. not sure about these guys claiming its "fine" I can top the boards too until I come against someone of the same skill and a class with good aoe..

While I'm hitting 1-2npcs and they are hitting 5+ you will fall behind.
  10. Jax Prime New Player

After reading Tunsos response in the Testing feedback, I feel as if the Devs are taunting us. We get it, you are going to continually drive HL to the ground and kill the remaining HL community.

Bravo.
    • Like x 2
  11. The Sups Level 30

I don't mind different powersets having edge in different situations. If Rage beats HL in AOE fine, but HL should claw back the deficit against a single target boss. But, is that happening? I haven't run detail tests, but it seems rage at least matches HL against single targets while clearly being superior against multiple targets.
  12. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Im glad you're fine. If you'd like to run something add Titan1373 and I can show you how much better other powers can be.
    • Like x 1
  13. jr1nc Dedicated Player

WM chompers apply PI WM spike for a burst AOE... AM version ill show on a video soon!
  14. Jax Prime New Player

And dear god, you honestly think people have not tried that? There is literally no current combo that no serious HL player has not tested out.

And Chompers>Spikequake for burst damage.
    • Like x 3
  15. ermike Committed Player

This. HL is competitive against regular players. But elite players with rage sorc gadgets.. just not happening. Even with the gh stack glitch
    • Like x 1
  16. Abisial Committed Player

I don't need someone to show me anything
  17. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

That video by obsidian was just beautiful. Brought a tear to my eye.
    • Like x 2
  18. FuryX New Player

Yea nothing innovative man.. find a good electric or rage dps to put you in your place I know pc population is low but I like to think there's a few.

Many of us play and excel at many different powers.. my point of view comes from the knowledge of what I can and can't do with other powersets. Ill agree hl can keep up with generic cookie cutter dps rotation but falls off when it comes to aoe and the am mechanic in general.
    • Like x 4
  19. SansNom New Player

You playin' on US PC... Do u know mp prime?
  20. Clip New Player

Jr1nc no offense, but was the first part a suggestion to play with? And you say HL is fine?
    WM+chompers, WM+spike for AOE = WM carries you through! not a single construct, means you completely ignored the awesome mechanic of HL. So whats the reason to play with it then?(i wish someone could send OMAAR a email how HL is played these days xD)

If you found a way to play without WM i would really love to see it. Since WM was the most boring thing that could have happened to dcuo imo.
    So i hope you found a way to deal the same damage but using no wm. But until a video is here showing it i simply dont believe it.

And its a sure thing enter a raid with good gear, good sp, use inspiration every now and then and keep doing wm+chompers 24/7. results will be fine. But is it fun to play that way? Its even more repetitive than playing as troll.

I only hope you didnt found another entrap ^^
    Otherwise you wont enjoy it for long after posting it here
    • Like x 4