Quantum in pvp

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by ReemX, Sep 15, 2014.

1. ReemX New Player

Anyone want to help me out with lodeout ideas and or tips? Im having trouble deciding what works best
  2. Vampirebit Well-Known Player

Sad to say that no one has anything on Quantum pvp. :( it's not one of the popular powers. Good luck on the thread though.
  3. Eminence Dedicated Player

Quantum is underrated in pvp.
    Its pretty much all burst, which works fine in pvp. Quantum tunneling, warped reality, a shield, a hard hitting burst move that works off a pi and maybe gravity well.
    With DoTs being nerfed, Quantum will be one of the best powers for pvp after the next update, even without having an AM yet.
  4. ReemX New Player

Thankz and yeah ive noticed

pretty much what im using atm but i have tons of trouble against tanks : /
  5. Eminence Dedicated Player

Its extremely hard to beat a tank as a controller power. I always spec into all three movement debuffs, so I have no shame in debuffing tanks.
    • Like x 1
  6. KillshotX Well-Known Player

Quantum's strength is its quantum tunneling. It's basically the Circe of normal pvp. If you have flight, a good lunging weapon and quantum tunneling, the power that creates the ground aoe whirlpool thingy("trap" slow down people) You are the master kiter, where your tough to kill, excellent for chasing people or capturing flags, combined with weapon proc power you can do excellent weapon damage, not to mention a finisher that does decent damage.

In a brute slug fest where 2 players stand there and duke it out to the death, Quantum's not the best, but if you learn to kite, bait, roll and use tunneling to your advantage, you can throw off the timing of many players and get them to make the mistakes while having little risk yourself.
    • Like x 1
  7. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

Quantum's great until you tunnel under the floor or into a wall.
    • Like x 3
  8. ReemX New Player

tx well yeah thats what im going 4, what weapons would u suggest?
  9. KillshotX Well-Known Player

Personally I'd use shield, 1h or brawling. (Brawling without the second hold after the lunge)
  10. ReemX New Player

thanks ill consider switching to 1h im using riffle atm
  11. KillshotX Well-Known Player

Rifle isn't the best for kiting for sure. Its lunge is pretty short ranged. You want a weapon that bridge the distance pretty well, and has a short lunge animation.