The real reason behind SP

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by drzdonn, Sep 15, 2014.

1. drzdonn Well-Known Player

My message was not more=better. I made the distinct difference between cause and effect and correlation. like I said, there is a high correlation between high SP and CR to better players. The numbers themselves do not matter, what matters is the in-game time and experience those numbers potentially represent.
    • Like x 3
  2. Tule New Player

And sadly people refuse to listen or comprehend what is being said. Just post a gif and fail to understand.
    • Like x 8
  3. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

I also can't afford Legendary, so I can't really grind any content. Otherwise I would.
    • Like x 1
  4. LordStrongsword New Player

Sorry, I didn't know that. Now I feel rotten.
  5. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

It's okay :p Adulthood, it happens -_____-
    • Like x 2
  6. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

To he/she whom is responsible for posting the OP:
    Show me the DPS that spec'd everything into resto and vit but has ultimate knowledge of game-content and how to do things (which would immediately invalidate itself given what he/she is spec'd into), zen-level skill at loadout rotation + WM, with god-like hand-eye coordination who is NOT finding him/her self kicked after the first sub-boss fight, and/or doing better than a bad DPS player with every last skill point currently in the game spec'd perfectly, with all the latest gear and goodies, and I might find some modicum of credence to what you are stating in that atrocity of bad insight.
    • Like x 2
  7. LordStrongsword New Player

LOL
    • Like x 1
  8. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

Based on my own experiences its not as high a correlation as you seem to suggest. Seen too many players with 150+sp in T5 and now T6 gear who were carried by their leagues. Its awesome that the leagues helped them to get loads of feats but sad in that they learned little to nothing in the process.

The correlation is there but I'd still run content with someone first to see how well they actually play.

Respec tokens also mess the correlation up. Every time a new power comes out things always get "interesting"
    • Like x 4
  9. drzdonn Well-Known Player

Should be common knowledge but as proven by True Despair and EPICQ, and those who agree with them, Common sense is not so Common.
    • Like x 2
  10. Ice Lantern New Player

People are in favour of rights, choices and freedoms

...until they are used against them.
    • Like x 6
  11. drzdonn Well-Known Player

remember i said correlation not cause and effect. this means that there is a margin for error. not every player falls into the pattern, only the majority. bringing up extreme examples is pointless as a counter.
    • Like x 5
  12. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

I did not outline cause and effect. I illustrated comparison by proxy. Your signature line has been rendered priceless.
  13. drzdonn Well-Known Player

agreed. there are many things that mess up the correlation, but the pattern is still there. the chances that a player at 108 cr with 179 SP is a good player are better then the chances that a player with 108cr at 79 SP is a good player.

Its still rolling the dice either way, given that there is no personal playing experience with a player.
    • Like x 5
  14. drzdonn Well-Known Player

your comparison by proxy was way out in left field given the content of my post, therefore rendered useless.
    • Like x 2
  15. YinChakra Dedicated Player

I've never ran with a bad player with high sp (150+). Usually It's the high SP players that actually know how the game works, that's why they value SP as it is a form of progression. It's the high CR, low SP players that *sometimes* lack understanding of the content, they form a groups asking for 160+, when their own SP is 70-100 just so they can get carried through.(In my case this mainly applies to DPS)

The main role I find SP to be a deciding factor for is DPS. You can never do enough damage (my DPS is 108 159). As for support roles I find around 80-110 depending on the role is enough for you to perform well in a team. I tank'd Lockdown on tank alt 102CR, 78SP, luckily the app wasn't out or I would have been kicked lol, they asked for my SP and CR and I replied with "don't worry this is my alt, my power level is Over 9000". They kept me and we done the raid.
    • Like x 6
  16. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

given the context of every post you've placed here, I'm willing to bet your last contribution was assembled with an open dictionary on your lap.

My post was most certainly spot on to the point you attempted (with about as much success as your latest one) to make. If anything is out in left field, it is your perspective of things. Sitting right next to your signature line.

Now I get to eagerly await your furiously typed and likely scathing attempt to insult me again in some way. This should be exciting. (yawn)
    • Like x 2
  17. drzdonn Well-Known Player

You keep coming back, as if your repsonse was valid. You yourself said that "DPS that spec'd everything into resto and vit but has ultimate knowledge of game-content and how to do things (which would immediately invalidate itself given what he/she is spec'd into)," This shows that the example you gave is one that cannot happen because a player who has knowledge of the game and how to do things would not spec in such a way. Your point contradicts itself before it even gets started!
    Its funny you should mention having a dictionary because that is the exact same thing I was thinking about you.
    But I digress. It is clear that you do not understand what a "correlation" is. So I suggest you look it up.
    • Like x 4
  18. drzdonn Well-Known Player

Agreed. Your experience would fall in line with that of the majority of players. When it comes to the correlation between quality of player and CR/SP count.
    • Like x 3
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

A bad player is a bad player..... no matter how many SP he has.

Weather he has 40SP or 240Sp... a bad player is a bad player.

It does not matter how many SP a player has when he breaks the healing barrel/stone right as the fight start so that when you really need it later in the fight.... you do NOT have the much needed healing barrel/stone.

It does not matter how many SP a player has when he pulls every single mob in CC.

It does not matter how many SP a player has when he cannot click on a gear no matter how many times you explained to him that you each need to click on a gear all at the same time.

It does not matter how many SP a player has when you are stuck with a Healer that does NOT heal and that pretty much plays as a DPS.

And the list could go on and on.

A bad player is a bad player period. No ammount of SP will change that.
    • Like x 3
  20. OdeToHemmoroids New Player

I think I was a better healer when I had less skill points, tbh. To get to 150, I had to pvp a lot. Pvp healing is veeeeery different from pve healing and if you get used to pvp healing, your pve healing can take a hit.
    • Like x 1