WTB more Controllers!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CajunKhan, Sep 15, 2014.

1. CajunKhan Well-Known Player

Sick of being oom all the time. Is there something DCUO could do to make the Controller role more attractive? Because I'm starving for mana to a degree that would make Parasite go, "....dude!"
    • Like x 1
  2. LordStrongsword New Player

There has been a shortage of Trolls for years now, because the community treats them like crap. There are quite a few good ones out there, but they wait for friends and league members to log in and run content with them.
    • Like x 24
  3. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Serious answer:
    When T5 gear came out with the higher power costs, T4 and lower trolls started being kicked from T4 and lower instances.
    "CR 78? Ha! What's your Vit? LOL! You can't troll Khandaq for us, Noob!"
    And it just got worse as new gear, a new tier, and higher costs kept coming.

Then, there was the ever-so-helpful "If you don't like it, just switch to dps!" advice on every single thread concerning controllers.

I, for one, took the advice. I may never troll again, and you can thank elitist jerks (like the ones who love the new app) and general dpsinine behavior for that. I seriously doubt that I am the only one who no longer trolls for these reasons.

Emotional answer:
    So, for all the former trollers out there, who, like me, no longer troll...
    (imagine the sound of a raspberry here) on you DCUO community! You got what you asked for!
    • Like x 21
  4. wyn333 New Player

I feel you bro, I'd rather DPS in PUG/LFG now too but still troll if it's a league run or with friends...

Situations and quotes as follow (In LFG/ PUG):

Healer out of power (from spamming everything for damage and got none left when team needs heal) - Team "Please heal!!!", Healer "I got no power"
    Tank out of power (from excessive pulls, like from 2 feet) - "You are on my ignore list troll"
    DPS out of power (from, you know they can) - "Can I get some power or what?"

I believe there are worse words other trolls have heard...
    • Like x 6
  5. OdeToHemmoroids New Player

This goes for healers too, that is, if the community ever wants them in the future...
    • Like x 5
  6. wyn333 New Player

Yup, some players just don't understand the difficulties of other roles enough to respect each other and appreciate everyone's work...

Well I guess it's how the world is run tho..
    • Like x 3
  7. CajunKhan Well-Known Player

Mmmph, just got done with a run with a good Controller, and mmm that makes such a difference! Not having to worry about Rage-crashing because there's not enough mana to hit my CC-breaker and my Rage-Crash blocker. Nomnomnom tastey mana nom!
    • Like x 3
  8. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

This is really an issue.
    Making powercosts dependend on your gear makes it a lot more difficult for a lower geared troller to Keep up with a Group of higher geared DPS and healer. I had that happen, when I started trolling BiA and FR with my alt. The Group and I were perma-empty of power, because they were so much ahead of me gearwise, that I just couldn't Keep up with their powerconsumption with my low vita (pre-WM that is).

In T6-content usually I can Keep up good enough with the Group. Thanks to WM they usually have enough power. But I'm still empty most of the time to Keep them powered, making sure, that I at least alway have enough power for the next PoT, and emergency-shield or urgent stun.
    I don't know, how many People switched for that reason. But I know, that at least on villainside on EUPC it's mostly the trollers, which most Groups shout for, because there just not enough of them.
    Also with healer- and tank-powers being so strong as DPS-powers now, a lot of People specced away from troller-powersets and can't troll in their second role anymore.
    The latest changes to Gadgets might Change that again.
    • Like x 4
  9. Smart Bomb Well-Known Player

I agree with what others have said here, if things go wrong the trollers are usually the first to be blamed. I am fully geared 94 dps and I pug only as dps, I am nearly full 94 troll gear and I still will only troll for my league or friends. I play to have fun, I'm not there to get yelled out by guys spamming powers without using wm.
    • Like x 7
  10. Forced Penance New Player

you can't buy them, but you can put them on lay a way for New Year when munitions comes out.
  11. HazeTA New Player

If your struggling for power with everyone WM then someone is doing something wrong.
    • Like x 1
  12. wyn333 New Player

I think he mentioned that he's rage, and if he's in tank role there's nothing to do with WM...
  13. HazeTA New Player

If ANYONE , tank, troll, healer or dps is struggling for power these days, someone (i didn't say the OP) is doing something wrong.

There, fixed it.
    • Like x 1
  14. smoove76 Committed Player

I never understood how ppl let A COMPLETE STRANGER tell them how to play this game ,especially when they are the ones paying for their own monthly subscription to dcuo. I NEVER let anyone tell what to do when I'm controlling. Dpses can get mad,shout, kick me from group . I don't care.....if you want power you better learn how to manage your powers!!! Far as I'm concerned dpses who spam powers will always have a near empty power bar.... So why try to feed them? faster burn? Please same ol' excuse. dpses ARE TO FOLLOW the trolls lead when it come to power not the other way around. The sooner more troll understand that the better thing will be for them...
    • Like x 9
  15. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

As was said above, there are plenty of Trolls, most just don’t want to PUG.

Plus between unattuned gear, armories and Troll powers DPS potential, there are PLENTY of Troll candidates out there, so if you wanna run content then instead of having 16 DPS builds and turning all your bits into reds for boost colas, they could always Troll.
    • Like x 1
  16. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Give me a couple hundred thousand per raid and I'll troll for ya lol.
    • Like x 1
  17. hudapak Well-Known Player

I only run raids with my league and some friends. I haven not PUGged any raids in a while and I'd like to keep it that way. I'd say I'm a good troller and can adjust my play style accordingly whatever the group needs. But I won't run anything with people who tells me how to troll. There was this one healer who always run out of power when everyone else's health is full or semi full and kept insisting that I use up all my power. And this was just at the beginning of the raid. It was a pain and suffice to say I had to leave and put that person on ignore.
  18. Seratopia New Player

I am a 107cr troll and I have never been kicked or ran into any problems while trolling.

I troll for friends, league mates, pug groups.

If anyone needs a troll feel free to add me, I am on USPS. Send me a tell and I'll troll for you if I'm not already busy.
    • Like x 4
  19. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Some men just want to watch the world.....

without power...
    • Like x 2
  20. BumblingB I got better.

When you hear the same negative thing over and over, you eventually stop.
    • Like x 4