Counter-damage is broken!

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Ultimate BioHazard, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Sabigya Steadfast Player

The counter damage is not broken but rather is a bit too large in the Arena side due to the increase in % of the damage and them not accounting for the stupid amount of precision PvE gear/PvE weapon can give off. It is fairly possible to kill someone with one counter and counter punishment granted they are not tanks or healer.
    In legends it is at a perfect amount, increased counter damage meaning more focus on counter rather then power spamming.
    • Like x 1
  2. Scorpion Well-Known Player

Legends isn't really the issue though arena is. A properly specced dps can easily do 10k+ crit counters. As a support role the crits aren't as high so its more manageable scrims when all support roles in play.
    • Like x 2
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I know its not an issue [Read above] but he was spreading false information and numbers and can't really have that float around.
    I am hoping they lower the counter damage in Arenas and along with the other BS.
  4. Scorpion Well-Known Player

I don't think they can lower the counter damage for arena without it effecting legends. I think a good option though would be to reduce the amount of precision you get from PvP weapons and make them more in line with PvE weapons in teams of stats. Now with PvP banned from PvE and soon PvE will be banned from PvP no need to have the weapons special properties activate when attacking another player.
  5. Eminence Dedicated Player

They upped the counter damage because the new pvp weapons wont have as much prec. Once the new gear drops, everything will work fine.

Legends is perfect the way it is.
  6. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Don't think I've ever seen so much misinformation in one thread.
    • Like x 2
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

How so?
  8. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

6k legends counter damage? counters being out of the players control? counters being broken?
  9. Sabigya Steadfast Player

How is that any different from any of this other posts? Pretty much 70% his posts are about counters being messed up [when its not]
    • Like x 3
  10. KillshotX Well-Known Player

I'd have to say majority of posts and attitude given is far from credible :p I guess in life the best approach to him is... Its like oh, he is saying something... Awww... thats cute. Moving on :p

I think that approach is needed often eh, clutch and sab :D?
    • Like x 2
  11. Wanning Comet Committed Player

I don't think 6k counter damage is possible in legends as the most I've seen is like 600 from a sf bb, but counters are broken and have been for some time.

There is an unnatural delay in the counters that just feels wrong, you bb someone and then it doesn't hit until nearly a 1 sec later sometimes. Counters are highly dependent on your latency and your opponents as well, if someone is laggy or you are laggy the delay on the counters feels completely different and some nights it's like every opponent has different windows even if the players are on the same legend avatar. Not much you can do about latency and hardware differences though, the people with better hardware and internet will always have an advantage in an online game.

Honestly if counters worked like they did a year ago without the unnatural delay, pvp would play much better and I would probably enjoy it again, atm it feels more like a grind than the fun it used to be.

Idk, maybe the delay to the counter is intended but it just makes the combat feel clunky and broken for me. Between the way the combat feels and the fact that most of the people I used to pvp quit long ago, pvp is more grind than anything else. I'm hoping that the new season of pvp at least fixes how clunky counters feel for me since there is little hope that old friends will return to the game.
    • Like x 2
  12. Ultimate BioHazard Well-Known Player

So girls... I came back to my thread and wanted to see some good additions to my point.
    There are some of them, BUT some other posts here just show the big ego of some "pro gamer" girlies... ;)

So pls stay constructive or leave this place honeys

MOST IMPORTANT: DONT WAIT UNTIL NEXT GU TO FIX THIS, DO IT NOW!

Devs believe me... Otherwise u r loosing a bunch of players for pvp. Not the addicted pro gamers but the casual players who will think that this is the normal state of pvp in dcuo.
  13. warpax New Player

that's pretty much the aproach i take when i read certain ppl posts relating arenas..

1st noone is talking about legends (just one guy said a nonsense, and can be ignored, but some ppl open a whole discusion on it)
    2nd certain ppl are the ones giving additude ("50%+ hp counter is not broken, you just need to be better at countering") and beeing arrogant (ur post for example)
    3rd counters are broken, but noone gives a ... cuz everyone is wating for new season. and the new system sounds promising.

as long as devs spend time working on new season to make it as balanced as possible im happy.
    wasting time on this dead horse is just wasting time.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mistress of Magic Well-Known Player

*grabs cookies* I can't wait for the certain people to respond to your post. :D
  15. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

I never said anywhere it isn't broken, I simply said 5K damage for a counter really isn't that bad. That is not half of your HP, and when you factor in that arenas still has abundant healing, roles that can mitigate a lot of counter damage as well as an abundance of abilities which can make you instantly recover from a hardstun, it really isn't that bad.

Hell, you could easily rack up over 5K after one counter punishment combo if it wasn't so easy for people to break out of counters.

If you read my message I did say the 9k damage is too much for counters or anything approaching that (including half health), so I don't know what you're getting at.

If you are better than your opponent at countering, you're guaranteed to win with the counters being so high. Out countering your opponent is the most surefire way you have to tell if you're better than your opponent, so improving at counters is the best way to deal with the current situation.

How on earth is that arrogant and not sound advice?

I actually find this funny because you probably have more game time logged in than I do (and probably by a rather significant amount).

I honestly believe a lot of the weirdness in combat comes down to just how the immunity works right now (when we aren't factoring in lag/CC issues etc.).

It often results in people having 6-9+ seconds of immunity and often everyone in 2v2s can often end up with it in matches where people are reasonably evenly matched. Hell, it can even be somewhat abused as you can acquire immunity, hold block, wait for someone to block break you then lunge them to instantly refresh your immunity.

This is also one of the main factors as to why I believe some people think counters just "miss" or don't work. Sometimes opponents can be given no blue flash after a counter but still have immunity, someone tries to counter them, doesn't CC them so it doesn't look like they've countered them, then their opponent gets immunity, they then again counter their opponent and nothing has happened as they refreshed their own immunity.

It leads to some rather silly situations and can result in the person who doesn't counter first being left in the better situation overall.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ultimate BioHazard Well-Known Player

Its not all about u mate... ;)

Didnt mean you, i meant me and alot of other players from my league and ingame friends.
  17. Ultimate BioHazard Well-Known Player

And btw... While legends pvp is nearly all about countermechanics, arena is not.

It wasnt, it isnt and it should not be in the future.

Counters are a big part but there is way more in arena then in legends. Thats why i like it more. Just my opinion.

Actually its ALL and only about counters, therefor its no real arena pvp atm.
    I would have no real problems with it if the maps wouldnt be so laggy and bugged like inner for example.
  18. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

If your fighting someone with full modded 90 pvp gear with a few pve gear and get block broken your dead. Even deadly block is more dangerous than ever lol
  19. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Try doing a 5v5 as 5 DPS vs. a team with a proper comp who're also good and tell me it's only about counters even with the current counter damage.

Shields + healing + hardstun recovery is more than enough to prevent one shots as long as you don't get countered at the wrong time.
    • Like x 1
  20. Crimson Jonni New Player

Counter damage does seem abnormally high. Yesterday i was dueling someone with full android gear like myself, he had around 35% health left, i blocked and it killed him. Thats pretty fishy imo