Are we gonna blame every single kick on the App now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Try Hard, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Think the bit in red is what its all about

Can't think of any case where a customer sued the game for privacy issues regarding information about in-game character as well as log in etc. I know many games that have this feature and never heard of anything of sorts.

Wouldn't be surprised if WoW had any issues tho lol

Man this new UI is killing me, I want some info on it!
    • Like x 2
  2. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

At least its taking the heat off the scoreboard.... LOL

Before the app people would blame the scoreboard for being kicked.

Now they can see why you are last dps in the group..... ;)

Just wait where they can just do all this in game..... :eek:
    • Like x 1
  3. drzdonn Well-Known Player

Personally I see people that view the census data as a negative being "glass half empty" sort of people. You assume that something like this will, without a shadow of a doubt, be used with ill intent.

I on the other hand am a "glass half full" type of guy and think that the better nature in people will prevail and that the census data will be used in a way that will, the vast majority of the time, be used in a constructive way that will only prove a detriment to dis-honest players.

(Not to mention that the data can't truly be used for any real person to person harm.)
    • Like x 2
  4. winter13 New Player

It depends on your interpretation of the level of harm it does when players use the data the app provides as a means for impacting another players gaming experience. Some people have a limited time to play the game, and griefing, kicking, etc...as a result of the app availability directly impacts that person's downtime. It is all a matter of perspective really...
    • Like x 1
  5. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Ok what app?
  6. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I'm going to blame El Nino.
    • Like x 3
  7. Captain Neos Committed Player

He was much better in Merseyside than in London.
    • Like x 1
  8. LordStrongsword New Player

If they're on your ignore list, you are unable to see what they post, however, they see everything you post. They can still add you as a friend and see when you log into the game. The only thing you could do at that point is hope they're not on when you rename your toon. If you rename while they are on, they will see a message saying you changed your name to the new one.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sbel Devoted Player

10. Archangel Rafael New Player

yes. yes we are.

the ps server is so ridiculous:cool:
  11. CHUD Loyal Player

I wouldn't even blame the app considering the kick feature came in BEFORE the app itself. Kicking a player has gone on since Origin Crisis and became extremely popular in Amazon Fury. Players have been kicked left and right during TD just for not providing enough damage having (and I kid you not in this case) too much vitality / restoration when being a troll support role. It's a gang / group mentality mixed with a players ego. If it is being seen within the game and on the forums that it's okay to run an instance with minimal support, then it becomes the ultimate standard and gospel.
    I've always believed in having my bases covered during an instance with either 1 of each in an alert or the 2 of each in a raid. If that makes me unpopular or wrong that's all up on me. However, it doesn't make me totally wrong to being part of a group where all folks are on the same page and actually supporting each other in a positive way.
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Given the behaviors of people online and some of the actions take by players in the game while griefing, it's not all that hard to think that way. Part of it is that negative actions always tend to be amplified, but when we've had incidents like people blocking doorways in the safe houses using large body types because they think it's funny, misuse of the information on the app isn't that much of a leap.
  13. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

LOL. I took it as a joke, but I really don't see them doing it. There are already restrictions on entering content based on CR anyway. It would be extra work and it would countermanned any attempts of high levels (post level cap) helping out the lower level players. All those calls to help with gotham sewer or cape carmine lighthouse would be restricted to just those of a similar level. And helping the lower levels has been a long tradition in this game. It's contributed to building the community, despite the nastiness some have caused over the years.
  14. hehateme New Player

Anytime there's a lull in the action, i bring up the app and start a kick randomly ,it's more of an offensive defense

Get them before they get me
  15. Radiohead New Player

it is ok to run with "minimal" support... If a controller is comfortable soloing an instance why should I add another controller to my composition? the same with healers... 2-2-2-2 setup may work for you in a raid but for me and the people I run with 1 of each support role is more than enough to get through content. It is a personal preference and is not for everyone. I could care less what composition you choose to run in a raid so why care how I run? This to me is the main problem with the DC forums community. You have Opinion confused with fact. This (highlighted) is the main benefit of being in a league full of like-minded individuals where the support comes from the player and not the role