A good DPS for me to use Shield?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by JustinWest, Sep 14, 2014.

1. JustinWest Well-Known Player

I want to use the Shield as a DPS but IDK which power really complements the Shield
    also I am planing on doing Weapon Mastery.
    If you can please Tell me the Power you think is best and a good DPS loadout for it.
  2. MasterOfTheHunt Well-Known Player

3. Xibo Loyal Player

Use the BEST dps power: SORCERY.

http://dcuobloguide.com/traits/powers/sorcery-dps-guide/
  4. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

A good Dps eh. I have a couple league mates that are really good dps but I'm not sure how you could equip then whilst using a shield as well, tough predicament.
  5. JustinWest Well-Known Player

Well then Does anyone have one For the Staff
  6. MasterOfTheHunt Well-Known Player

Trust me the weapon you pick will not matter at all...
    You will change it every time you get one better, I started with bow, have went through all of them, currently using duel wield because it's the only 94 weapon that will drop for me.
    Just pick anything weapon you want, you will constantly change it.
  7. Spacedude2 New Player

Honestly, it ain't gonna matter. Shield can work well with all the powers. In fact, all the weapons can work with all the powers. It's really about the animation. Do you like using shield or would you rather go with bow, etc...?
  8. areacode8O8 Committed Player

I miss my mental grandeur!!!! Can't tell you how helpful it is to get aggro off and still keep up with your combos. Since moving to light I use a shield to try and make up for grandeur but its not the same :( unless I'm helping to pick up a fallen teammate I never activate my light shield
  9. areacode8O8 Committed Player

Lol you meant shield weapon! My bad...
  10. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

THIS.. I was a shield, then Dual Pistol, Dual Wield.. ETC.. If I get a weapon that helps me, I hit the skills reset and use the new weapon.
    • Like x 1
  11. Scorpion Well-Known Player

Scorc or Nature, basically a powerset that you can stack your DoTs and just spam your WM combo until you need to reset them.
  12. LivingDeath New Player

Believe it or bot Earth works well with shield. You want to use a power that has a precision biff to increase your WM damage since the combo is so long.
  13. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

The only reason I can see why a weapon would compliment a power is how long a Weapon Mastery combo takes relative to a power's cooldowns. But, most WM rotations are "lay down your damage over time and power interactions, then spam WM and this one quick burst move over and over." So, that makes them pretty much interchangeable. If I lean towards Might, I pick a quick WM combo where I can hit the window consistently, if I lean towards Precision, I pick a WM combo that hits hard, even if I miss the combo. Shield, interestingly enough, has more WM combos that hit hard ... I'd guess as a continued reason to buy the Last Laugh DLC.
  14. Deity Supremacy Well-Known Player

I'd say go with nature. Stack your dots hit harvest. The. Use your wm I. Conjunction with carnage.
  15. IdontDps Committed Player

Use me as your meat shield