Are we gonna blame every single kick on the App now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Try Hard, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Try Hard Well-Known Player

While I have no doubt there are people abusing it I really don't believe every single claim.And I highly doubt every group you join you should constantly fear the thought that there is someone in the group feverishly pulling up a site to check out your stats and is one view away from trying to kick you.If that were to happen is that the kind of person you would even wanna play with anyway?
    I suppose what i'm trying to say is..relax guys (and girls) If it helps you can look me up on the App too : Try Hard (USPS)
    and my Alt:Night Patrolman
    c'mon if you do it it puts up a picture and everything..isn't that um..neat?
    • Like x 5
  2. rival exe New Player

I don't know what to believe anymore. Before the app if I called out someone on their low gear that person would be gone in a flash, but now if I call someone out on their low sp nobody cares...:(
  3. Try Hard Well-Known Player

There there we can make it through this instance low sp or not
    • Like x 3
  4. IdontDps Committed Player

i Haven't played dc since destiny came out but when i do i'll go in a t2 raid n say i checked the app and everyone who isnt 107 or 108 getting kicked just to stir this up
    • Like x 1
  5. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

I really love your attitude :p However, I guess when you come back we will have 2 new DLCs and a new UI already allowing to form groups on CR restrictions :D
    • Like x 4
  6. IdontDps Committed Player

:eek: Wha-what!!?
  7. Laff Riot New Player

The app may take part in some of the kicking. But if you fail (not saying that the OP was) at all in the instance, people are quick to kick.

Also if anyone wants Playstation+ for 30 days free let me know. It is for the PS4 ONLY! So 1st person to message me gets it.
  8. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Well, devs just want to improve the inspect, but me and some other people here on the forums hope to get them to give a group builder tool with the new UI. We're waiting for the WIP on it to show some examples. Mepps already said they are just now prepping the WIP with visuals.
    • Like x 1
  9. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

I honestly believe that more then 70% of all the horror stories are fake, and most of the rest are just blaming the app.
    • Like x 6
  10. justvin New Player

We can't really be the judge of that for if the person is faking or not, if they are faking why would anyone take their precious time to go on the forums then? Who really would want to waste their time complaining for if they know they didn't get kicked because of the app?

Some of us already know what the community can be like when it comes to stats and kicking.
    • Like x 3
  11. rival exe New Player

It's not about making it through; it's about what's fair. >:l
    If a elitist has baby sp he shouldn't be allowed to be elitist.
  12. Try Hard Well-Known Player

babies are cute though.
  13. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

My issue isn't the kicking. It's the personal information about log-in times, which are currently blocked, so right now, I don't have that much of an issue considering I haven't played DCUO since March. Going back on tonight, though, just so I can change my toon's look, 'cause she looks dorky in the paper doll on the app :p

Once I return for "good", though, I'm sticking purely to running with friends and old league mates, because I know I can trust them to tutor me through the content, rather than yelling at me for not having as many SP as them. Lesson: Just. Don't. PUG.
    • Like x 3
  14. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I'm with Free2BeMe on what's personal information and what isn't.
    I'm with Mepps who tries to point out that people can come up with any reason to kick you.
    I'm with Try Hard that you can look me up if you want, my links are in my sig, and we can probably get through any instance together ... well, so long as we still want to play with one another.
    • Like x 3
  15. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Sorry to break it to you guys but that isn't really personal information, there is nothing that says who you are or where you live etc.. Log in times are already into play in the game anyways on the league interface and they can simply add you as a friend without your knowledge and check your log in times

Remember people can find out stuff about you depending on how much information you give out, which is sometimes hard to do cause in a simple conversation you might slip up and say something which you might not want others to know

The Funhouse itself is quite dangerous in terms of people finding out who you are, what you look like, where you live, if you are married, if you have kids, what you might do for a living etc (the list goes on).. I'd be weary of that way more than that app
    • Like x 2
  16. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

Can people on your ignore list still see when you log in/out? My issue is that I don't want people on my ignore list to know when I'm on in-game, because if they're on my ignore list, it's for a good reason.
    • Like x 6
  17. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Which leads me to: we need to improve on friend and ignore lists. Both need account-wide functions and friend lists should be mutual, so if the other person does not agree -> not added to friends. Then again, SOE never had that approach to their games; it's more ncsoft's approach on handling friends and ignores. Yet, from the point of community building they seem to be more successful.

BTW: what took you so long to show up in this thread :p ?
    • Like x 3
  18. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

Are you new to the internet? Why does anybody troll other people or act racist? Because they can and they can do so with amunitity. Just look at the cooment section of any yahoo article the first ten comments are by people who either have 1st had expericen with what ever the article is talking about no matter what it is bo There are posters on this forum who cry just for crying sake.
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The ultimate responsibility does go to the person who initiates the kick. It doesn't matter if they used the app and misread the information or just jumped to conclusions on their own.

That being said, the app certainly isn't helping matters much in regards to players being kicked.
    • Like x 2
  20. Volkenraider Loyal Player

As far as I'm aware they can't, however you can get grouped up with them if a leader invites you both to the same group.. That being said they can make an alt and add you without you even knowing which is flawed in its own way. (ignores should be across all accounts)

Just so you know I am by no means supporting what those creeps are doing or have done to you or others, just stating it from an objective point of view.. As I said before be really careful what you tell others online, you can't trust anyone no matter how nice they sound or friendly they are.
    • Like x 2