Firstplayers: Good to know! Part 3: Level 30 – and now?

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by LadyLightning, Jul 12, 2014.

1. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Firstplayers: Good to know! Part 3: Level 30 – and now?

And now? We are just getting started!
    The "bang!" of the level up happens for one last time, because level 30 is the last level of the game. Is this the end? Not at all! It is the beginning of something big: Endgame! Now a different number defines your progression: The combat rating (CR). This is the end of the beginning and the real thing starts now!

[IMG]The On Duty menu
    While you haven't used this much before, this will change now. From now on you can not only see events, alerts or PvP, but also solo challenges, duos, new alerts and 8-player raid. But before you jump into the adventure you should be equipped appropiately. Finish all pending below-level-30-missions to get the best gear you can get with those. In each wing of the headquarter you can find faction vendors who sell basic gear. You can also go to the T1 vendor and see if you can afford any of that gear. After this you can head to your first duos and try some of the challenges.

Which role
    If you haven't made this decision yet, then you have to decide now. Support or damage? If someone tries to build both simultaneously, will take twice the time to progress.

What does which role do?
    To play well in a group, everyone should now the job of each role.

[IMG] Healer: Heals wounded groupmembers andrequires power to do so. All healers have a quick single target heal, which heals the most wounded member. In addition to that all healers can generate healing over time and also a large group heal. Very useful are also healer's shields, which help to prevent damage and usually protects themselves and three other groupmembers. In fights healers constantly alternate between weapon attacks and healing powers.
    Statistics: critical healing chance, critical healing magnitude, restoration

[IMG] Controller: Controllers restore the power of the group and are besides the tanks the only role which can apply. Controllers can place debuffs on enemies. Except gadgets all controllers have a groupshield as a supercharge. Another commonly used supercharge is “word of power” from the iconic power tree. Controllers also have a power that can make enemies to attack other targets or use self-shields to rescue fallen groupmembers. For Solo challenges controllers a supercharge to heal themselves, which I highly recommend for beginners to use.
    Statistics: Vitalization, critical power chance, dominance

[IMG] Tank: Tanks draw the attention (aggro) of enemies onto themselves with any power they use. After a tank has used a power the aggro remains on up to 8 NPCs for 12 seconds, if not interrupted or overwritten. Therefore it also needs to be renewed in time. The yellow mightdamage can indicate from which enemies the aggro is pulled. Tanks can use control effets to pull enemies to themselves or to to juggle them. Every time a tank uses a power, he receives a buff specific to his power type (e.g. ice: defense), which will buff specific statistics for 12 seconds. The tank should always attack first and use a power for the attack to gain the aggro and receive his buff. It is important that a tank always has power availbale to renew his buff or redirect the aggro of spawned enemies onto him.
    Statistics: dominance, health, restoration

[IMG] Damage (DPS, DD): His job is to as efficient and fast as possible eliminate the enemies, without being hit by AOEs or knocked out. It is important to maximize the damage with agood loadout and use clipping and weapon mastery (explained below) as good as possible. Since game update 33 It is possible to counter most enemies – that's additional damage, a shield for a short time and your enemy becomes helpless briefly. But this also has an advantage, because enemies can also counter you! Therefore pay attention what the enemies are doing!
    Statistics: precision, might, critical attack chance, critical magnitude

[IMG]Gear and combat rating
    From level 30 on the gear is just like the instances divided into tiers. The tiers are divided by the combat rating (now written as CR) as follows:
    Tier 1: no requirement (recommended: CR 30)
    Tier 2: CR 43
    Tier 3: CR 53
    Tier 4: CR 70
    Tier 5: CR 80
    Tier 6: CR 100

As soon as you reach the required CR, you can buy the gear of the next tier. All the tier gear can be bought at different vendor in the HQ.
    First you should visit the T1 vendor and buy gear for your chosen role. Replacing the pieces with the lowest item level first is a good strategy.

Where can I buy weapons?
    In the midtown police departement or nightclub, and Diamond District police departmement or Burnley nightclub vendors sell simple level 30 weapons. If you are lucky, then you can find some in the broker too, but that is usually much more expensive. For Marks of Triumph you can get weapons at each vendor for tiered gear.

Into the adventure!
    Geared and knowlegdeable you should queue in the on-duty menu for alers and duos (e.g. T1 Area 51) or try out one of the solo challenges.

How to play in a group
    Now you can go into the hard alerts, but how can they be finished the best way?

1. Stay together – normally it should be a given, but for some it is not
    2. Play with a tactic – especially in T1 alerst you can find many healing barrels and the bosses warn you long before they will do a dangerous attack
    3. Work together in roles – this mostly means to know your role and the job and position of all other roles as well

Raids
    Groups for raids are usually not formed via the on duty menu, but with the LFG chatchannel instead. Starting froma CR of 43 you can do raids. Found a group yourself if you don't see anyone shouting for what you want to do.
    There are teleporters for almost all raids, so that they can be done in groups of less than 8 players.

[IMG]Feats
    With feats you continue to receive skillpoints – more than 200 are possible! Here a list of feats you should finish soon as possible!
    Exploration: Explore Metropolis, Gotham and the alerts. Do the Booster Gold Tours.
    Races: Bronze is enough for most race feats.
    Instances: Many of the below-level-30-missions have instances with feats. These are the iconic battles, hidouts and survival.
    Collectibles: Grab everything you find. Exclamation marks, question marks, Styles...some collections also sell well on the broker...
    PvP: During the first time it grants many feats.

R&D
    Modifications increase your combat rating and statistics. Consumables and stronger soder colas aid you in the fight. Read my R&D guide for more.

Are there more cities?
    There are many places to visit in the DC Universe, but for now there is no city as big as the first two. However there more open world places have been added. With Lightning Strikes a tiny Central City was added, which can be entered with a CR of 53. The Gotham Wasteand are a hellish version of Gotham from the DLC Sons of Trigo and can be entered with a CR of 84. The DLC War of the Light Part I added an alternate Metropolis (requires CR 84) and DLC Amazon Fury added an alternative Gotham (required CR: 100) The teleporters to these places are n the headquarter.
    • Like x 5
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Weapon Mastery
    Weapon mastery is in general an expansion for more weapon combos, which are eminently powerful. To skill into it and be able to use it, your character should have at least 50 skillpoints. With less skillpoints it is a better choice to invest in other weapons and passive stat bonuses.

1. To get weapon mastery you need to decide on a primary weapon first and invest at least 20 skillpoints into it to be allowed to unlock it in the upper right corner.
    2. Then you should decide on one of the two weapon mastery options and put at least 20 skillpoints into that weapon to unlock weapon mastery there.
    3. Back at the primary weapon you can now unlock two weapon mastery combos.
    4. Your remaining skillpoints should be invested into the passive bonuses and other weapons.

The weapon mastery combos themselves do a lot damage, but if you use a power at the correct time after it, then the weapon mastery combo does 360% more damage and you receive a short role dependend buff.
    That you got the buff is shown with a chime you can hear and a white-red circle flashing from your character as seen here:
    [IMG]

Leagues
    In other MMO-games they are called guilds or clans, but in general their purpose is the same: To form a group of likeminded players and have fun together. Leagues can earn league halls and other benefits with a special currency: Prestige. It is earned by completing content from the on-duty menu.

There are many different leagues and they come in all languages, various sizes with different goals. Some have a microphone and programs like Raidcall or Teamspeak (TS) as a requirement.
    A few leagues introduce themselves in the forum!

This is the conclusion of my Firstplayers-Trilogy and I hope it helped you. Have fun!
    • Like x 2
  3. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I wish I could edit, but I currently can't :(
  4. Newsflash New Player

Try right clicking on Reply and "open in new tab". Forums are horrendous for me too :(
  5. Newsflash New Player

This is a really good guide :D It's exceptionally well laid out and very easy to read.
  6. wizlon67 New Player

Any chance of these parts being re-posted in English?
  7. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I can't edit right now. It gives me flash error, although there never have been problems before :(.

But I always check my guides for errors after posting ;).

R&D guide coming soon :D!
  8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Thaaaaaaaaaanks!!!!!!!!!!!! (I only got 5 other guides that need editing :eek:)
    • Like x 1
  9. Tunn-El New Player

I've noticed that when I do some arena battles I lose my weapon. My avatar/player fights with his fist and does almost no damage on the opponents. What happened and how do I fix this? I've tried to buy other weapons, but doesn't seem to help. What I'm I doing wrong?
  10. wizlon67 New Player

PVE weapons in PVE. PVP weapons in PVP. Mixing them up disables weapons.
  11. Tunn-El New Player

When you buy the weapons, how do you know if they'll work in the PvP environment (PvP being the instances such as area 51)?
  12. wizlon67 New Player

It tells you in the weapon description, usually low down. When you enter an instance the inventory description will have a prominent red line of text that tells you that the weapon is disabled.
  13. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I updated this guide:
    Added an explanation about league halls and Prestige
    Linked my R&D guide
  14. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

finished the guide (one part escaped my proofreading - lol)
  15. Hero of Justice New Player

16. Giptonian New Player

Loving The Guides..Very informative..Thanks

Giptonian :)