Sore's DCUO Census App

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sore, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Fiox New Player

Amazing work Sore great app
    • Like x 1
  2. La Shark Dedicated Player

+1

You and others that create helpful dcuo apps deserve to be compensated.
  3. Trinidad James Loyal Player

They're both working for me. And nice! I see you added a PayPal link, Good job will tip! :cool:
  4. BumblingB I got better.

All the Mk6 Soders are buggy in game. Not surprised they are in the database too.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sore Steadfast Player

A couple people suggested adding the ability to donate to the site. Since hosting isn't free, I thought it wasn't a bad idea. I chose not to use a standard Pay Pal "Donate" button because you're supposed to be fundraising for an actual to use that. I added a button to "Buy" my appreciation. You won't actually be purchasing anything but it will be a means to support the site financially if you wish. There's no pressure/expectation for anyone to do it. It's more of a "might as well" since it is so easy to setup.

• Like x 2
  6. winter13 New Player

Helpful is a matter of opinion. To others, this app is being misused and leads to a great deal of abuse, conflict, and agg in game.
    • Like x 1
  7. Anilyst New Player

the hours played thing says 0. I really wanted to find out how many hours i had logged on my main. Is that an soe broken thing or did u disable that?
    • Like x 1
  8. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Great app! Do you plan to add all server/general search so you could find all characters with the same name on each server? Also adding number of completed feats next to the max feats in the profile tab would be nice (maybe just rename max feats to just feats and display something like 542/895 there)
    • Like x 1
  9. Sore Steadfast Player

That data point was originally available and fun to look at. SOE removed it due to concern that it may have been more about the player than the character. I am planning to hide those data points if there's not a value. That way if SOE ever turns it back on, I don't have to do anything to make them show again.
  10. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Very nice work you even have pictures now. This is one of my alts.
    [IMG]
    Lethal Precision

When people where able to walk in to Gotham Wastelands. I made sure to get him that chest style. And now to get the new PvP back.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sore Steadfast Player

Great idea. I just made the change and pushed it live.
    • Like x 2
  12. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Well put Sore.
    • Like x 1
  13. Sore Steadfast Player

I'm going to turn the redirect module back on to get everyone using the new URL. It seems the DNS issues have been resolved and propagated fully from the best I can tell.
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

Thanks for the feedback. The table sorting should have the visual artifacts you're talking about. I also have links missing their underline and color. I'm pretty sure bootstrap removed that decoration. I'm planning on looking into that when I get around to it. As you can see, there's been a lot to add.

I'd welcome any visual ideas you have or assets you'd like to share. Keep in mind that I like final images as well as the original source (with layers...preferably XCF files) for any assets. I am committed to the minimalist style I have now but there's always room for some adornments here and there. Now that I have the new URL, DCUO Live, I'm also in need of a header. I don't plan on using the main DCUO on long-term.

Of course, I want to be sensitive to any feedback I solicit. There's the possibility that you could put a lot of work into something and I might not want to move in the creative direction you present. I'd hate for that to happen but I don't want to rule it out. You'd have to be emotionally prepared for that possibility.
  15. THX 1138 New Player

Fantastic app Sore thanks, will def be donating. Really wish SOE would allow play time to be seen. Any chance of an ipad app?
  16. Sore Steadfast Player

LOGO CONTEST
    This goes for everyone. Anyone interested in building a DCUO Live logo? We can make this into a bit of a contest. Especially for the logo, I would require source files with full layers (XCF format preferred to work with the **** image-editing software). It's important to use original artwork at very high resolution. I might want to print the logo on a shirt and I don't want to have to try to recreate someone else's work because I only have a web-resolution version.
    • Like x 2
  17. Sore Steadfast Player

LOL. I don't have the technical skills for iPad development.
  18. LordStrongsword New Player

Any chance of an Android app?
  19. Sore Steadfast Player

Sorry, nope. 90% web-based and 10% Windows-based.
  20. LordStrongsword New Player

That's cool. Thank you for the awesome app though.