Time Delay for DCUO Census App to Update

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Locarthemanbeast, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

When I logged out last I was in DPS stance. When I logged in I switched to Troll and tried getting in a group. Got picked up for Lockdown and I got asked what my Vit was. I told them 3440 (I rounded to the nearest 10...its 3436 sshhh).

Someone in the group decided that they were going to use this fancy new app to check me out. The guy comes on the mic and says my Vit is only 1100...........o_O. I had to tell him you are looking at my DPS stats. What troll do you know that has over 4400 might and 2200 precision?

Now I did see that after a few minutes that the game and app talked to each other but it must have ten minutes. By that point I was long gone from the group.

Feeling like this thing is causing more harm than good. Don't get me wrong, they both look great. Just not sure our community has the collective brain power to use it correctly.
    • Like x 7
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

Lay group is lazy, if they would have inspected you, added up the vit+350 +some more from Innates (+3% Proficiency) well...they could have figured it out..

They could have even calculated how many 7th row innates you have when looking at your SP with the app.
    • Like x 1
  3. LordStrongsword New Player

My wife asked me to look up her toon with the App, I noticed right away that she's in DPS stance by looking at her stats. A group that can't see that is not a group I'd want to be in. They could have gone to the gear tab and seen it was DPS gear and not Troll gear as well. Some people are lazy or ignorant.
    • Like x 7
  4. Twilight Man New Player

[IMG]

Example of negative effects #42
    • Like x 11
  5. Little Sister New Player

As LordStrongsword says above, if the group can't even tell that they are looking at DPS stats, then you're best not running with them anyways.

If anything, this App is weeding out the uninformed, not the undergeared. ;)
    • Like x 7
  6. Sore Steadfast Player

That's exactly the type of information worth pointing out to pugs when they try to leverage the app incorrectly. Some people talked about using the app for PvP recon on who has the least health before a match. Little do they realize the health they see in the app might not reflect the actual health of that character in the match.
    • Like x 6
  7. Juxes Committed Player

People are really this incompetent to put two and two together, you gotta be kidding me.

You seriously cannot make this up, I'm weak lmao:rolleyes:
  8. Ramonater New Player

What's the name of the app?
  9. Grumpy Dedicated Player

42? You actually kept count of all similar threads popping up recently before they disappeared? Respect.
  10. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

Do we know an exact time the game and app take to update? Or even what conditions need to be met before it updates?
  11. Ramonater New Player

What's the name of the app
  12. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Oh cmon.. some noobs can't even tell a DPS spec from a Troll spec and the app gets the blame?

Whats next, blame the app for loot drops?
    • Like x 4
  13. rival exe New Player

To be fair we never had bad loot before this app was created...js.
  14. Twilight Man New Player

Pump ya brakes kid flash, the fault partially lies in the people and the people will use whatever tools they can. In this case the tool is information that was molded into an app, and as expected people are finding negative ways to use it.

"Blame" in this case is not a black & white deal, nor is it an 'I like it and you don't' scenario and in no way is it solely aimed at the app or the community. To not understand that would be blind, so please don't misunderstand my post.
    • Like x 3
  15. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Lol man

When something doesn't go your way just blame the app...

"OMFG Kalibak one shot me.. its cause the app told him to!"

"My exceptional recovery kit gave me 10 exos instead of 15! THAT BLOODY APP"

"I didn't get sharpshooter legs!, ugh that app"
    • Like x 3
  16. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

• Like x 1
  17. Volkenraider Loyal Player

There was nothing negative in what happened to the OP related to the app.. They had information and read it wrong. If thats a negative use then I'm lost for words.. whatever man I seriously cba going over this for the millionth time

Lets just agree to disagree and save ourselves the hassle
    • Like x 2
  18. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

If the app correlates with people kicking people because a healer got a troll gear then yes...blame the app.
  19. Myrdin69 New Player

would the OP have been kick if the apps would not exist ? the answer is no, so yep kinda another negative effect of the apps
  20. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

So you think that people who have information available to them that they never had before, who don't know how to use it and now cause me to have to explain myself over and over before eventually leaving a group is a positive?

They actually read the correct information. Just not the information that was for the role I was currently in. The time delay with this app has cause a small problem with people that don't full understand this game (or understand role specs).

I am not saying this app is the problem but giving people a chainsaw who don't know how to use it can cause dismemberment.
    • Like x 2