NO MORE LANTERNS!!!

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Lightchain13, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Theres also a difference between making a clear point and making an obscure one.
    Would you mind translating this post for us by answering 4 questions?

What does Water have to do with Lanterns?
    What does Food have to do with Flash?
    What does Air have to do with Black Adam?
    What does Shelter have to do with Solomon Grundy?

Im usually extremely proficient with riddles but this post makes zero sense to me whatsoever.
  2. Hero of Justice New Player

As much as I would love for them to do all sorts of lesser-known characters and bring all sorts of different characters to the DCUO universe, the game is a business and the characters they release need to be popular or well played to justify their cost. Just recently they made an effort to introduce more female characters to the game in the past year based on people saying they wanted them, only for their usage and popularity to be way down. Their goal is (rightfully) to make money and keep DCUO in business, exposure of non-mainstream characters is a very secondary concern. That said, there's nothing wrong with asking for other characters and making suggestions, it's natural to want your favorite characters to be one the roster (Heck, I've got two that I would love to come to Legends in my sig :) ) I'm just giving a reason for why they tend to go more mainstream with their characters.

Those are apples and oranges. Sports games include every player in that particular league because that's how sports games work, people want their teams to be completely as they are in real life roster-wise. DCUO and Legends works differently. Also, since you brought up basketball rosters, remember the Legends roster of the NBA 2k games? They didn't focus on every era of basketball the same, and they didn't focus on lesser-known players who still made the Hall of Fame. They had the big names like Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Julius Erving, etc. and their teams. So even in sports games I think you still see this happen.
  3. LoneLantern New Player

I don't mind having extra lanterns in the game - be it through powers or Legends avatars. However, I'm waiting on a Yellow Lantern/Sinestro Corps Hal Jordan and Indigo Tribe John Stewart, seeing as he have Blue Lantern Kyle now, and later we're supposed to get Red Lantern Guy. (Unless PC has Guy already - I don't know, I play on PS4)
    • Like x 1
  4. Zeo Committed Player

They can stop releasing lanterns characters for Legends only after Larfleeze is available xD
    • Like x 3
  5. LoneLantern New Player

And/Or a Greed Powerset. :p
    • Like x 2
  6. Thehiddenmanintheshadows New Player

I really want to see Larflezze, i would imagine a lot of DoT happens round him! I agree with the point this thread originally made, but it kinda got side tracked. There are a bit too many lanterns, i don't see why we need any more then 2 lanterns per corps. And to the point about only the big names making legends pvp, i for one never heard of Amon Sur till my first pvp match.
    • Like x 1
  7. iSmashly New Player

What this game really needs is more Ambush Bug. #AmbushBugDLC2015 it's going to happen I can feel it!
  8. John Brawler Committed Player

lantern content will more then likely (and kinda needs too) take a break once the war of the light trilogy is over, especially since by that point all corps will be in game. superman will be getting a trilogy and finally catch up to the other mentors in content after the trilogies are done, and hopefully after that we'll be done with lanterns and the mentors for awhile so characters like shazam and green arrow can get some real content in the game to go with finally being added to legends.