NO MORE LANTERNS!!!

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Lightchain13, Sep 11, 2014.

1. HazeTA New Player

4 of those you asked for are coming in the next 7 (after kyle) and fyi kyle was in the jla at one point.
  2. Lightchain13 New Player

Couldn't have said it better myself :)
  3. Lightchain13 New Player

This thread makes no sense to what I'm talking about lol
  4. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Thread? I think you meant post.
    Let me give you a play-by-play then:

1) You started a thread called "No More Lanterns"

2) In your first Post you explained that although you like some of the Lantern Legends (unless that too was a typo/missing words) you were sick of them basically taking over the legends roster and you wanted to see other characters

3) I replied to you explaining 3 very simple things;
    That you need to go Youtube search the SOELIVE Legends Panel because for the last month we've known there are 8 Legends coming, That there are 2 Lanterns included in those 8 but only because they were being worked on before the devs decided that Legends do not need to be linked to currently running DLC storylines,
    And that The White Light (aka the White Lantern power source) was explained to be what created all life in the DC Universe by the Guardians of Oa during the Brightest Day comicbook Storyline and so without the existence of Lanterns there would be no-one.

Feel free to tell me how thats confusing, cause it seems like everyone else got it?
    • Like x 1
  5. John Brawler Committed Player

i thought that the only remaining white lantern (kyle) is powered by his ability to use all 7 color of the emotional spectrum and the only being powered by the white light was pre-52 swamp thing. also until blackest night no lantern for the entity of life existed and the lanterns only exist because of the beings ion, paralax, butcher, predator, and the entities of hope and compassion (can't for the life of me remember what they were called.) in all honesty things would exist without lanterns, they're just the ones leaching power from entities that themselves gain power from life itself.
  6. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Technically you're right, if we were talking New 52, but the Brightest Day storyline happened Pre-52.

In a nut-shell, in DC Comics theres a God, this God first created the White Light to help create life which went on to create "The First" (aka the first being in the universe), every time this being felt an emotion, a reaction happened that subsequently created the Emotional Spectrum entities you mentioned (Ion, Parallax, Adara, The Butcher, The Predator, Ophidien, Proselyte), the White Light then carried out its goal of creating life in the Entire Universe. Not only is Earth the centre of the Multiverse, its also where life was created first in DC Comics lore. Your right in saying that there were no White Lantern Corps back then, but thats because there didnt need to be, the power of the White Light itself sparked life in the universe under "Gods" orders.

Tbh im not too happy about how DC has dumbed down the White Lantern power in the new 52. Its cool how it was done and all but it should have been a temporary transformation Kyle could use, something he could only maintain for a limited time given its immense power and the History behind it.
  7. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Your going to love the end of the year then, Christmas Event - Lanterns, DLC War of the Light pt2 - Lanterns, Valentines Event - Lanterns :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Lordstygion New Player

love the Lanterns cant wait for the new legends to be released

9. savageprime New Player

Alright this thread is officially pointless there are many new non lanterns confirmed coming so lets move along.
    • Like x 1
  10. DC Something New Player

Lantern> Batman reskin>Lantern>Batman reskin>Lantern> Batman reskin. And when all of the lanterns are out, Green lantern Batman>Red Lantern Batman>Blue Lantern Batman. Batman Lantern and friends.
  11. Hero of Justice New Player

The cast of Lanterns is more prominent/well known by the general public then the Flash roster. You compare Sinestro and Atrocitus to Gorilla Grodd and your choice of Captain Cold, Zoom, Mirror Master, etc. and the Lanterns are far more recognizable. Same with people like John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, and Saint Walker vs. Original Flash and the various Kid Flashes. Hence why we have quite a few more Lanterns.

It's not laziness, it's making a lot of Lanterns because alot of people like the Lanterns, moreso than most properties (including the Flash-affiliated heroes/villains) in the DC Universe. It's why we are getting so many Batman skins (Batman is the biggest name in all of DC), and it's why we have so many Superman and Batman related people on the roster. There's no need to make people that won't be as played just for the sake of reaching every corner and representing all of the DC Universe.
  12. BozzJuanito New Player

lol, someone is going to be disappointed.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ethromel Well-Known Player

While your point is well-made, I don't agree with the approach that has been taken by SOE. DCUO is their opportunity to expose more of the DC universe to the public, and allow for more characters to gain popularity with having to tire out Superman's and Batman's coat tails. These two icons need to take a back seat for a change, including Green Lantern, and let the lantern shine on someone else.

There are many unknown or less popular characters in the game with story lines that people have learned about through the cinemas and plots, so there really is no excuse for SOE not taking a more balanced effort at presenting a robust well-rounded roster.
  14. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

Nothing is wrong with lantern powers. Unless you envy they get to show off what power type they have on there hand and, no other power can show off what power type they have until they use a power. Lantern powers are different. If they was all the same I would agree. MORE LANTERN POWERS.
  15. The 13ht Doctor New Player

10 Lanterns. There is also Classic Batman, Future Batman, Modern Batman, Batman, The Huntress, Robin, the Joker, Arkham Asylum Joker, Harley Quinn, Two Face, Bane, etc. Batman Universe Online? See what I mean when I say this thread is BLOODY POINTLESS AND ANNOYING!?!?!?!?
    • Like x 1
  16. Chuccles New Player

Changing subjects for a second. Since the Rock is going to be playing Black Adam can you guys just have Adams voice actor call someone a candy a## after you beat them plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz? ok back to subject....
    lanterns are cool.
  17. Ancient nemesis New Player

Clearly a lot of these players are closed minded comments like " lanterns is important to DC so them making a ton of them is reasonable :/)
    Water is essential to life ( lantern) but you need food( flash) or air( black Adam ) and shelter ( Solomon Grundy )
    To live
    It's been almost 4 YEARS!!! and flash is just being added

There's a difference between building a storyline and being just plain lazy
  18. Ancient nemesis New Player

So what you're saying is you don't put ray Allen in the game because Kobe is more popular
    Or you leave out Phil Mickelson or whatever his name because he's not as popular as tiger woods?

Majority of the players know of DC maybe not every aspect but saying leave this guy out because he's not as popular is the wrong way to go buddy
  19. TH0R New Player

I want every singe iconic Lantern in the game, in Legends :cool:
    • Like x 1
  20. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

If they're more popular, more people will want to play them and pay money for it. Remember what happened with Circe?