Stats on controller gear

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Taco Loco, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Taco Loco Active Player

Why does troller gear have less health, power, prec, and might than healer gear? It can't be because of the 25% dmg loss in heal roll because that is almost nullified with a core strength mod alone. The prec and might are roughly 10% higher on healer gear so it evens out the dmg portion of both rolls. I see no reason healers should do the same dmg as a troll and have 10k+ health while a troll has 7,000-7,500.
    • Like x 1
  2. HazeTA New Player

There is no damage penalty for tanks and healers anymore. Healers dont use any might powers the majority of the time unless their celestial or purposefully using a dps power for whatever reason so why they have high might at all is a mystery to me, as for prec maybe its the near permanent might and prec boost that trolls get by power dumping which evens it out, who knows their thinking behind it. Healers also end up high on the aggro table alot more often than a troll would so need that bit more health and they dont have as many shields or aggro drops like trolls do. Regardless of the dps stats though, no troll should ever be getting out damaged by a healer. Having the biggest power bar i'd have thought was a no brainer tbf.
    • Like x 1
  3. Taco Loco Active Player

the bonus for power dump is tiny. i didn't notice the bonus was removed. now i know healers do way more than trollers and it's not even close anymore. nice. and if you arent using wm while healing you should do some dummy work
  4. HazeTA New Player

It is small but its not far off the 10% difference between the gear youve noticed and no like I said, healers dont do more damage than controllers, they do little to no might damage. I'm a troll and I have never and will never be out damaged by a healer in PVE. I'm more of a threat to a DPS in PVE as far as damage is concerned as a healer is to my damage.
  5. Taco Loco Active Player

i never said they do more damage. i was pointing out the potential was the same. the really low health is what i am concerned with.
  6. R3aperOfSouls New Player

Honestly, a healer should not be targeted on the threat matrix, above a good dps. And in the content where these stat differences of 3k health matter, the dps is 99% of the time higher on the threat matrix. But this is a moot point. The bottom line is, as a support role, healers and trolls are simply not equal as SoE has designed, and it needs a revamp. As a healer myself, 108 118sp, I am almost always 4th on the dps at the end of the raid, right below the actual dps's. I am sorcery. When SM was around and we were running two healers, and right after lockdown came out and we ran two heals, I was out dps'd by nature and celestial both.

And on top of this, the shields are not even close to being equal. For instance, Boon of Souls for Sorcery gives 125% damage mitigation based off of restoration. So... For 6000 restoration, there is 7500 damage mitigation. However, for a mental troller using Telekinetic Shield, the mitigation is 100% dom 100% resto. At the same gear level as the healer with 6000 resto, you'll have about 1500 dom and in the range of *maybe* 2k resto. So... 7500 mitigation vs. 3500 mitigation. Not only this, but Sorcery, Elec, Celest AND Nature ALL have crowd control effects as secondary effects of their main powers. These side effects, which are encases, knockdowns and stuns, can be applied far more then two times in a row, where as trolls stop at two, with only a handful of exceptions, such as the benefactors in Assault And Battery.

Simply put, healers are given a giant bonus over trolls, leaving the support roles unbalanced.
  7. XxXderpBRXxX New Player

The problem is why are the people who are expected to do the most in a run given the gear with the worst stats. What we really need is more dps with no understanding of the mechanics of the game that stand in one spot spamming DW. Oh wait.........
  8. HazeTA New Player

A healer doesnt have the tools to realise that potential which I guess is where the devs thought they needed a little extra help and I did explain the health difference. Run a T6 alert with no tank and see who gets the most aggro out of the healer and troll or just look at the scoreboard at the end of any content raid or alert and I bet you the trolls have the least damage in not to mention the fact trolls shield are stronger, can drop aggro and they can debuff and stun to escape damage.
    • Like x 1
  9. Taco Loco Active Player

troll shields are not stronger. the debuff is 14% and helps all group members equally. healers can stun too. escape is temporary. just enough for the underpowered troll to get healed.
  10. Bobburt Committed Player

This is why I like speccing for shields when trolling. 3100 resto and ~2050 dom. Sure, my shields won't protect as much as a healer's shield, but it can make a world of difference when trying to pick someone up. Like being able to pick someone up in the white Urgrund aura in Artifacts without getting hurt for the entire duration of the res.
    • Like x 1
  11. R3aperOfSouls New Player

Let me refer to what I said again.

Apparently you either disagree with math - which is illogical and rather ignorant - or you simply decided to skip my post. Trolls shields are, by far, NOT stronger. Surprisingly, for the name controller, they have the ability to keep the enemy down FAR less then healers. Invocation of Renewal, Admonish, Ionic Drain and Savage Growth ALL control the enemies, making them unable to attack.

In terms of you beating the dead horse about trolls doing more damage then healers, once again, I disagree. Trolls, to do their jobs properly, need to maintain recharging, debuffs, PoT, their own power pools, AND maintain awareness of the team and any knockouts. Healers, however.... Have to... Wait for it... heal. That's right. One job to five. As a healer, it can sometimes be a challenge to maintain the health bar of a bad rage tank, or a tank that doesn't know how to hold aggo, but for the most part, I can get 80%+ of the WM combos off as healer, sometimes more then that depending on the content.

And no tank healing? Not only is this far more fun, but this is also a great area for the healer to deal damage, if they know what they're doing. No tank healing means the healer IS the tank. Who better to take the damage then the one healing said damage? As a result, I am almost always a strong dps when there is no tank in the group. Not as strong as the true dps, but strong in comparison to the other support players.
  12. LordStrongsword New Player

IIRC, Controller gear has more Power, Dominance, and Vitalization than Healer gear does. All gear is based on a point system, so they have to take points from one place to put points in another. I could be wrong about power, but I know the Vitalization and Dominance are definitely higher in Controller gear, since Healer gear has no Dominance whatsoever.
  13. HazeTA New Player

In my experience they are, they guy above hasnt factored in the higher defence of a troll and therefore higher mitigation but either way numbers dont prove anything, proof is in the pudding and my trolls shields seem to take much more punishment than my healers. Healers can only stun temporarily and mostly single targets while trolls have a much longer duration and are mostly aoe. A troll has alot more survivability than a healer when they utilise all they have available, like I said, look at the scoreboard at the end of a raid or alert and the trolls will have taken least damage in. Anything attacks me on my troll its simple, grandure and jump over the other side of the room and that enemy is not somebody elses problem, no body else can do that especially a healer.
    • Like x 1
  14. R3aperOfSouls New Player

Healers do not need dominance, or vitalization. And healers, surprisingly, have more power as well. The 94 vendor head gives 270 power for a controller, where as it gives a whopping 418 power for healers. I strongly disagree with you saying the gear is placed on a point system that justifies taking points out of health/power to give points in dom/vit/resto.

Stats are broken up into categories. We have 3 distinct ones. Resto/Vitalization/Dominance fall into role specific. Health/Power/Defense/Toughness fall into general. Precision/Might fall into damage. Taking stats from Power to increase Vitalization does not, in any universe, make sense when you are trying to maintain balance. That is the exact example of removing balance. That's like making the tires thinner on a car to make it lighter... Or, better yet, the barrel thinner on a rifle to make it fit in the gun case better. No, in both circumstances the "balancing" of these two examples, that are incredibly similar to removing power/health to give vit/resto, ends up in increasing risk of a potentially fatal accident.

Face it, trolls are weaker in general stats. Trolls are given the short end of the stick and this needs to be revised. Period. I'm not saying nerf healers. I love DCUO so, stop nerfing stuff devs. Lets buff stuff. Make things equal by making the weak stronger, not the strong weaker.
  15. HazeTA New Player

No, I just chose to ignore it. Numbers are one thing but what actually happens infront of my own 2 fully functioning eyes on both my troll and heal are a different matter. And as a nature healer I know savage growth is not only single target but melee range so good luck using that to stun 2 or more enemies that attack you and put you on the floor.

So PoT doesnt do good damage? Or debuffs? Recharge doesnt buff trolls? Heres what I do, wm>debuff, clipped with power dump, rinse and repeat with the occasional PoT as needed and no healer can compete with that constant might damage, like I said, no healer ever has or ever will beat my damage as a troll and if your on EUPS your welcome to try and fail.
    • Like x 1
  16. R3aperOfSouls New Player

You, my dearest friend, are ignorant and foolish. And, apparently, you can't do math. I'm done showing you the grass is green, and I'm not going to shove your face in the pudding to prove that it's not a block of ice. I quoted several examples of powers that do EXACTLY what you're saying they don't do, and you ignored it. I PROVED with the math that troll shields are about 50% weaker. I stated facts and provided evidence, and you're saying I'm wrong based off of... What? Your opinion? Your so-called experience that has no verifiable backing?

Good day.
  17. HazeTA New Player

You keep playing with your calculator, il stick to what I actually witness.
  18. R3aperOfSouls New Player

So you're saying the coding behind the scenes and the actual mechanics that make what you see possible don't matter, it's only what you see that counts? Wow.. That's ignorance if I've ever seen it. "Look ma, that guy that jumped off that bridge is flying! Men can fly!" "No son, he's committing suicide." "No ma, I'm watching him fly! You're wrong!"

Let me pull out some more facts for you, although in your self-righteous ignorance you'll probably ignore them

Psychic Empowerment : Applies +77 Might and +62 Precision for 6 seconds. There is no sign of this stacking. Source: http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Mental

Telekinetic Shield : Damage Prevention = 100% Dominance + 100% Restoration (same as all other trolls)

Grandeur : Damage Prevention = 100% Dominance + 100% Restoration (Hey look, it's the SAME.)

As stated above, Boon of Souls and ALL OTHER healer shields give 125% resto as damage mitigation. IN EVERY SCENARIO IMAGINABLE this is higher then that of a trolls shield. Not only that, but IT ALSO shields 3 other people in the group. You don't believe me? Go stand in front of the Avatar Of Meta in PB with a healer and test it out. See who starts taking damage first. I'll take my $10 in cash, thanks.
  19. XxXderpBRXxX New Player

Hands down, the absolute dumbest thing I have ever read. Please stop pretending that you know what you are talking about. Thanks bye
    • Like x 1
  20. HazeTA New Player

So that full 94 healer that just tried to pick someone up in a LD aoe and it stripped their shield has a better shield than me when i then ran in and revived them with mine, yh your numbers helped alot there didnt they.

Who said anything about the power dump buff stacking?

And yes coding matters very little considering its broken most of the time on DC. So yh, what the numbers say and what ACTUALLY HAPPENS are 2 completely different things on DC as we all know.