I'm sick of high Tier Players in low Tier content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Will Power, Sep 8, 2014.

1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

the solution to this has been answered over and over in this thread ,its simple if you don't want high cr guys in your alert MAKE YOUR OWN GROUP and if you want a group made for you LIVE WITH WHAT YOU GET don't try to get others excluded from content just because YOU don't like it,did you ever think that maybe others don't like YOU in their group because you are too low and slowing everyone else down,it works both ways,why do you think you see so many groups being formed in LFG with higher cr requirements to join?
    • Like x 2
  2. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

The issue only gets worse with each passing day. It's going to be insanely fun to watch this issue implode in somebody's face, that's for damned sure.
  3. Waterfall Well-Known Player

I took my t6 char into a khan raid the other day. Used only tap weapon attacks so I wouldn't kill stuff to fast, waited for the group b4 moving on and whatnot. Was done the raid in under 15 min. And guess what.... The ppl in the raid complained. Not that I steam rolled it though. They complained that my damage out was crap for the gear I have and told me to learn how to dps.

I can just imagine how upset these ppl would have been if the whole group would have been in the appropriate gear for the raid.
    • Like x 3
  4. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

That's what happens when there isn't any oversight to stop one problem from creating another, and another, and another, and so on. That's where the community is at now and I doubt it will every recover in any meaningful way. It's such an important factor, and it's been allowed to continue unchecked for far too long. Definitely calls into question the integrity of the design, and you can bet it's sending more players packing in frustration than it is retaining their interests. Downward spiral, slowly but surely. Wait till T7 hits.
  5. Spector Knight New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. rival exe New Player

Well if you want to play lower content then don't grind for SP so much! :O
    • Like x 1
  7. DCUController New Player

well some ppl actually like to make their characters the best as possible, which leads to grinding SP, which involves lower content AND current content. Provided they dont have lower content feats already. Me myself, I have most not all but alot 657 out of 880 feats.
  8. rival exe New Player

Too op 4 t1 sorry
  9. DCUController New Player

Yea I agree I can pretty much 1 hit mobs in T1, but doesn't defeat the purpose of doing them for MoT, or helping friends that are of T1 level.

and as I said in a earlier post I switch to troll when I run with friends in lower content as there's not many if any trolls early game.
  10. unfunnyusername New Player

Adding more options to On Duty to help focus the group-making in certain directions can only be a good thing, as would adding in any form of "pre-instance" communication before you and the other random people get dropped into the content. Giving more choices to the player is always a good thing.

But, don't arbitrarily block me entirely from running Area 51 for Tech Ninja drops because I've just hit CR 100.
  11. LordStrongsword New Player

I have 152 SP and 105 CR on my main, and she is still missing style pieces for feats in lower tiered content. I have been playing her since the old loot roll system where people could Need on stuff even though they couldn't use it. The only way to get the styles now is through sheer luck in the personal drops. I will run Khandaq and the BC raids until I get my Raptor Tech Style Feat completed.

If you don't want me to end up in your Raid or Group build your own group. I'm paying to play this game just as many others are. They aren't just going to say, "Well, he/she has been running the content for 3 years now, so let's give him/her the feat now." I am striving to complete every feat that I can, because I know SP are every bit as important as CR.

My SP have always been higher than my CR, and I intend to keep it that way. I work with the group I'm in and also provide advice as well as answer questions about the content we're in.
  12. Senshirou Committed Player

More "high tier" people need to run lower content. That's the only reason people constantly try to skip tiers because barely anyone shouts for it, which leaves them having 80sp and less but there in t6 raids
    • Like x 1
  13. TARATERRUNA New Player

I've been on both sides of this with a 100+ CR character and a newly created CR50 character. It is fun to tear through the low-level raids but admittedly frustrating for new players. Maybe there should be a setting that restricts you from entering raids with Tier 5s (totally optional of course). That way the player him or herself makes that determination.

PS I would love this option for PVP esp.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah it happens. ;)

Just one more example of the Jerkholes playing this game who are pretty clueless most of the time.

They probably were clueless that you were holding back......
    or they seized the opportunity to insult someone and make themselves feel like B3asts L33T PlaYazzz.

Just use the opportunity to feed them to your ignore list when that happens.

At least they did not kick you halfway through the mission.
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???

For PVE... not need for any restrictions. Just from your own group.

For PVP.... there already IS a Matchmaking system. It is piss poor and about as good as horse manure..... but there is a Matchmaking system.
  16. ArgoBlue New Player

In my situation, I have a CR73 character that I run on all the > tier 3 content because I'm currently not paying for DLC. I'm a premium member, but anything 70+ (except the 4-players Outer Caverns mission) is locked because I have to pay for it (Themyscira, etc...), and haven't. That's possibly why you'll see many others that are playing below their level.

I still want to level up, but at this point in time, I've invested enough in the game (as I was Legendary member for over 7 months). It has nothing to do with leader-board rankings (which I care very little for). I also think most of the lower tier characters are okay with a little help. If they want to level up slower, they should let me know.

That being said, I understand the frustration towards players that rip through the content and solo boss fights. I had that just yesterday at Stryker's. One CR100+ player went in and soloed the 4 mid-bosses. He got the job done, but it sucked being a spectator.
  17. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

sry m8, but most are too lazy. you can go solo into ace, strykers etc but those "beast" 100+ don't use it because they would have to go or teleport there.

Sad thing is that the new players in such instances won't learn their role well that way and get kicked or yelled in end-tier for not performing on their gear-level...

i remember how my league fought through fos2 for marks of krypton. we had to learn our duties and work as a team back in the days...
  18. SSB Active Player

I know I'm a bit late but if you're rolling with friends it won't be a problem because I'm sure they wouldn't give a crap but if just queue up by yourself to go after a certain style, then buying a set of cheap t2 gear is perfect especially if you don't want to hear the crying. And holding that t2 gear won't kill you because no complete style set drops on the first run you do. One the other reasons I like doing that is because you get to see what kind of players are coming up and end up finding somebody playing that doesn't mind learning meaning you will have just added another good player to the game instead of one of those people spec'd to be a tank but run around in dps stance.
  19. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I actually did this yesterday with one character. I skipped most of the pre-level 30 alerts and now have to go back to get them completed at CR 38. That's not as bad as what many seem to be doing here, but I actually kind of felt bad about running those alerts being as high as I was, but now after reading that a lot of you do these alerts at much higher CR, I don't feel so bad anymore. LOL. BTW, nobody complained or kicked me out when I was doing what I was doing and in the Smallville alert there definitely seemed to be more experienced players than me running it.
  20. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Sorry, I've got feats to do
    • Like x 2