NO MORE LANTERNS!!!

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Lightchain13, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Lightchain13 New Player

First of all I want to thank the devs for bringing another lantern to the game with dual light capabilities, but we have so many lanterns and I'm beginning to think dcuo is starting to evolve around lanterns which is not the case of the dc universe. In legends we really need more characters such as the main people of the jla. This includes Martian man hunter, the flash, green arrow, and people like this. We have already Hal Jordan, John Stewart, sinestro, kilowag, arkillo,Amon sur,saint walker,atrocitis,and now Kyle reyner, that's 9 lanterns in legends I may be missing some I'm not sure it's so many, please bring more dc characters to legends such as members from the titans, including cyborg, raven, zatana, beast boy, also villains would be nice such as deathsrtoke, Solomon Grundy, doomsday, bkackadam, mr freeze, penguin, dark sied, I could go on!!! Please devs you guys the ability to bring any of these characters to the game! Please let's stop bringing the lanterns to dc for a moment just because you have all the mechanics and it's easy to create another lantern! Please let's start focusing on all of dcu and not just the lanterns! Thanks !
    • Like x 4
  2. Drakonicus New Player

We already know the next 6 or 7 Legends to come. Only one of then are a Lantern, and his already on test server
    • Like x 8
  3. Lightchain13 New Player

I'm just soooooo tired of lanterns
    • Like x 3
  4. Spacedude2 New Player

The Lanterns play an important role in the DC Comics. Also, they have inspired many people. If there are other story arcs you would like to see, I suggest re-phrasing your thread to promote the other arcs. I would like to see Firestorm added to the game and hearing about the Atomic power set makes me happy.
    • Like x 3
  5. Hero of Justice New Player

Flash and Green Arrow are already on the list of Legends characters coming next. The Lanterns are one of the major forces in the DC universe, it makes sense that there would be a lot of them. Look at the Superman-affiliated group (8 of them) or the Bat-affiliated group (8 of those at least too, I might be forgetting one or two). I hear what you are saying, but looking at the next bunch coming there are plenty of unique people coming (Shazam and Black Adam, Flash, Deathstroke, and Green Arrow, and Gorilla Grodd - only Guy is in one of the large groups).

Plus, it turns out Kyle is awesome, so don't be so quick to dismiss him! :)
  6. junglejim New Player

MOAR LANTERNS!!!!! nah tbh id have made do with amon but then came sin who may not be top tier but my favourite to play by a mile and now kyles the joker replacement i was waiting on thats plenty. The legends were announced anyway we know whos coming
  7. Spidey Well-Known Player

I say keep them coming. They're super fun to play with and OP if you know what you're doing.
  8. Ethromel Well-Known Player

Inspiration can be said of almost damn near any DC Hero/heroine, so that's not a good point.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ethromel Well-Known Player

Yeah, but I wonder will they be as generous with the Flash roster? There are many to account for, and yet I sense favoritism. The original post makes a good point.... There needs to be a greater balance. There are plenty of other characters that need to be incorporated in to the game that are long over due. Giving us 5 Batmans and a rainbow assortment of Lanterns is just downright lazy and ridiculous on the SOE's part.
    • Like x 1
  10. Crimson Jonni New Player

After kyle rayner and guy we should be done. Maybe if they throw in a Sodam Yat? >_>
    Anyway, ofc the dc universe doesnt revolve around lanterns. They still play a Huge part in the lore though. Hell, the lantern comics even involve more than just the lanterns. We see alot of batman in many green lantern comics as well
    As other justice league members. I'd love some newer characters but lanterns in
    Comparison to batman and wonderwoman stuff we have isnt really as big as you'd think
    • Like x 2
  11. Grumpy Dedicated Player

I want Sodam, Arisia and Carol.
  12. Crimson Jonni New Player

I could see some backlash about arisia. It turns out she's not really that popular which is odd, but then again she is overshadowed by others like Boodikka and Soranik Natu for female green lanterns. I do wonder what she would have to offer though
    • Like x 1
  13. Grumpy Dedicated Player

I know, but she's already in game which means less work for the devs. Also, we need some female lanterns. :D
  14. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

You need to check out the SOELIVE Legends Panel before posting another thread like this.
    Theres 8 Legends on the way, and the only reason 2 of em are lanterns is because Legends toons pre-SOELIVE were linked to DLC storylines and were already being worked on.

Upcoming is Red/Green Guy Gardner, Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Shazam, Black Adam, Flash, Grodd.

Oh & just an FYI, the White Light (aka White Lantern) is what created the entire DC Universe, all LIFE in that universe, so the entire Lantern Lore is essential to the creation of every single DC Character you can think of. Like it or lump it, but the Lanterns are probably the most important part of DC Comics. Theres a Lantern Themed Trilogy ongoing right now, so enough with these threads already...
    • Like x 4
  15. Kharhaz Committed Player

As long as we dont see anymore Batman alts, I am good !
    • Like x 2
  16. John Brawler Committed Player

new 52 batman skin is already on the way.
  17. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

I just want Bleez and maybe lyssa drak and then they can stop with lanterns
  18. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Don't think neither of them are popular enough
    • Like x 1
  19. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

Bleez has a better chance
  20. Spacedude2 New Player

Actually it is the essential point. A character nobody has heard of who didn't inspire anyone ain't gonna be in the game.