DCUO Social Graph... Pretty cool to see all my stats in one place!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FESTER665, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

• Like x 6
  2. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

BabyBoy @ USPS
    Overview

League ULTIME FR
    Alignment Hero
    Origin Tech
    Power Ice
    Movement Mode Flight
    Weapon One-Handed
    Personality Comical
    Gender Male
    Created Jan 11, 2011 21:51
    Last Activity Sep 9, 2014 02:48
    Progress

Combat Rating 108
    Skill Points 186
    Max Feats 892
    Time Played in Hours 3712
    Stats

Health 13118/13118
    Power 2851/2851
    Defense 11797
    Dominance 2827
    Might 2327
    Precision 698
    Restoration 3369
    Toughness 130
    Vitalization 1151
    Friends (0)
    • Like x 1
  3. Twilight Man New Player

Today I had to go to work still hungover from partying all weekend for my birthday.
    It was humid and hot all day.
    I worked through lunch.
    This chick that likes me at my job got overly forward and took it to a new level of harassment today by demonstrating splits and twerking.
    I spent 1 hour having to explain the industry etiquette to this new guy who thinks hes hot stuff because he knows a few producers.
    I came home to find my cat threw up in the living room.
    The $1600+ Nordic Track we ordered arrived with a broken screen and has to be replaced.
    I logged on DCUO Forums to learn that there is a searchable database for our statistics being shared publicly like most the MMO's I played in the past yet never liked, and was happy DCUO was different.
    [IMG]

The app...

What I like:
    1. I can be nosey and look up numbers on other people
    2. I can see the exact start date of all my characters
    3. I can look up all my fellow forum posters and get really really deep in their virtual personal space.
    4. I can use this for comparison when creating new characters instead of a notepad and pen like I've done the last 3.5 years.
    5. I have over 20 characters, every little bit of tech to help me organize them is nice.
    What I don't like:
    1. I feel naked and all your eyes are groping my beautiful numbers.
    2. I don't like that it doesnt show last instance played or mission run.
    3. I don't like being removed from the choice of whether other players get to know more about me, whether they actually play the game or not.
    4. I don't like it being even easier for character copy trolls to copy a players character.
    5. I don't like how this information is being used negatively already, even if hidden behind a subtle joke/jab post at another's dislike.
    6. I don't like that I can already see the "You've only played ___ hours" "You only have __ SP/CR" exclusions evolving.
    7. I don't like that it doesn't show money owned.
    8. I don't like how much time I've wasted yet enjoyed playing a video game, instead of doing something much more productive.
    9. I don't like that because the approval of the app is so much larger than the disapproval, it slowly turns any opposition into a 'lets insult the outsiders' talk.
    10. I feel that we already had a large enough issue with people looking at just numbers as judgement tools. Now we have a Judgement Search Bar.

However, none of you should quit the game due to this. That is not a good look for anyone.
    • Like x 5
  4. FESTER665 Devoted Player

This wasn't done by the developers. All they did was open up the information to be used like the do with their other games... Although this may give them ideas for their app eventually.
    • Like x 1
  5. Orius Active Player

I have some crazy thought that has been bothering me since I first saw this. As one of the people that was here for the hack in 2011 I'm paranoid about stuff being out there that most had no idea about. I know SOE/PSN have upgraded their security tremendously since then but nothing ever seems safe.

There's a bunch that never visit the forums that have no idea that someone, somewhere, is inspecting them not the way they think they are. Isn't that just a little worrisome?
    • Like x 3
  6. Bytecode Well-Known Player

Aloha DC!

First of all thanks for all the support and feedback!! I'll quickly give you guys an update on the last change I just deployed, then I'll go back to the beginning of the thread to answer the questions. I may not play the game for awhile now... HEH :)

Today I got a lot of feedback from non-USPS players on Twitter so I just added support for browsing characters in all worlds. For backwards compatibility, if you have bookmarked any urls like /characters/Bytecode, the app will permanently redirect those to /worlds/usps/characters/Bytecode by default, as originally only USPS was supported. For new searches, an option has been added to the UI so you can select different worlds, and when you come back it should remember your last selection.

Please post any feedback to this thread, I've watched it and will try to reply as much as time allows me :)
    • Like x 13
  7. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Good work on all that you've done so far!
    • Like x 2
  8. Quixen New Player

I hear that all the cool kids are popping trinkets and VI colas and then logging off.

L33T PROFILEZ
    • Like x 1
  9. Bytecode Well-Known Player

Thanks for bringing this up, it should seem confusing to you due to different timezones (yours and the app server). I'll include the game TZ info (Pacific Time) on next update.
  10. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! ;)
  11. Bytecode Well-Known Player

Yeah totally beta, home made and under alcohol influence... :cool:
    • Like x 1
  12. Radiohead New Player

I went outside once.. but the drops were terrible
    • Like x 3
  13. Bytecode Well-Known Player

Originally it was showing friends like other social networks so you could keep browsing friends of friends, but I see it's not showing anymore so I believe SOE Census revoked access due to DCUO privacy policy?

Maybe someone from SOE DCUO here can confirm?
    • Like x 1
  14. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

Thank you!

I do not have to redo my sig!

One cool thing is you could add active players for each server on front page.
    http://census.soe.com/s:example/xml/count/dcuo:v1/character?level=30&world_id=2

Not sure when this updates and how often.
    • Like x 2
  15. Bytecode Well-Known Player

Now that it's supporting all worlds, it has tabs to switch context between worlds. Kinda funny to see your mirror in other worlds... :)
  16. FESTER665 Devoted Player

What other info can you get? Is there stuff like healing out to date, damage in to date, power out to date, and damage out to date? Some of that might be nice to show if it's available?
  17. Bytecode Well-Known Player

Yes, that's how it works
  18. Sivulla Dedicated Player

19. Remander Steadfast Player

Same here. Says all my toons are in "phantoms." LOL!
  20. Bytecode Well-Known Player

Yeah, it's near realtime. Once you activate an armory build, or even drink a soder mk, stats are updated in app after a few minutes.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.