Prestige Update: Numbers and Expectations

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Will the Statuaries information be reset to reflect this? I know some players camped out at the tribute boxes to get rid of all their gear and get the most prestige. It would be nice to see who gets the highest statues for running content & achieving the prestige under the new system as some players have gained highest ranking by contributing all themselves. Under the new system, it would b nearly impossible to achieve what players did in the old system. Therefore it needs a reset.
    • Like x 1
  2. Dezaras Loyal Player

I honestly don't care for proficiencies right now. The stuff that hooked me, on initial announcement, was armouries and league halls.

I just want my hall.

Heck I only have one generator mod.

We're at about 14000 prestige. It's gonna take some time but hopefully Santa can visit our hall, come Christmas. And I admit it's kinda fun busting out the alts (though I worry about levelling them up. Especially to T4.)
  3. The Johnny army New Player

Hm, I see. Well, ok, that does make sense. It still feels bad, though. Don't take it personal, I understand the reasoning behind it, I just don't like it. But I can deal with that.

Thanks for the answer!
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

The standings reset every month already.
    • Like x 1
  5. BoDyBaGz Well-Known Player

Well if around 13,000 prestige is the expected weekly contribution of the smallest active leagues the only fair compromise is for diminishing returns to kick in at that level. I mean if you're gonna make it hard for small leagues based off of large leagues crying they deserve just as hard of a time earning proficiencies as small leagues.

You know what I got an even better idea, how about you make the hard cap 13,000 each week. This way no one will have trouble maintaining the exact same amount of proficiencies. I mean this aligns with your expectations. Unless of course YOU WANT EVERYONE TO JOIN LARGE LEAGUES, which was what the weekly cap was SUPPOSEDLY enacted to prevent.
    • Like x 3
  6. ErnieB Loyal Player

All this changes will do this, first eliminate PUG groups as leagues, even with small leagues will rather run content together instead of pugging, second, small leagues will have to resize if they want to compete with bigger leagues, in other words, no more small leagues, then third, because we all know this will happen, leagues will start checking who is contributing more, and those that do less will probably get kicked, because this new system pretty much says you have to run everything in order to actually make enough prestige to just get anything for a hall, so the player that can only run 3 or 4 hours a day will pretty much contribute nothing to the league if he isn't lucky enough to run enough content in that time. My point is this, you guys keep making this more complicated than it's need to, left or right all we see are more and more limitations to being in a league and having a hall.

BTW you are ignoring the amount of time things take, not everything can be completed in 20 minutes, not everyone will have the time to actually do everything, raids included. I understand your logic behind making actual content count more towards prestige, since doing content is how you progress in general, but the way you guys are doing it throws everything off balance, pretty much making the little guy feel even more little, and of course the big guy just enormous. I think you need to take another look at this, specially because as you said, all this is expected but it's not officially confirmed data, now my question is, do you see this as a final option or is there room for change, because if it's final I don't believe it will benefit anyone on the long run.
    • Like x 2
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's to prevent larger, more active leagues from gaining a huge advantage. Gaining a modest advantage is built into the system.

Because the difference is 3 proficiencies. You know we're setting the world on fire with out of combat regen, Berserker, and some other marginally useful buff.

Key words? Marginally useful.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Statuaries reset each month, anyway. It will quickly not be an issue.
    • Like x 5
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

These changes only help leagues who do not yet have halls, as they increase the only ways to earn that you have access to.
    • Like x 2
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Neither of these posts seem to take into account just how low we have set the average expectation. But, yes, it is not unreasonable that those who put more into the game get more out of it, or that players who barely play the game are not entitled to the same progression and success of others.

We have designed the system to promote meaningful gameplay for the most players, on both ends of the spectrum. Extremes on either end will have slightly different experiences.
    • Like x 9
  11. La Shark Dedicated Player

Thanks guys for explaining it and im now on board with it all.

Hey...if you can't beat em, join em :D
    • Like x 1
  12. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

You guys can explain it and put bells and whistles on it all you want the fact remains cutting tributes value so drastically kills small to moderate leagues, simp as that. Now I get you guys are tying to solve problems you see in the game to make it more viable but I ask that while you have to cut the tribute amounts how bout you only cut them 65% instead of the 90% you have planned.
    • Like x 1
  13. OGM_Madness New Player

Maybe change the name of the Donation Box? Call it 'Trash Box' 'cause that's what it gives after this update goes live.
    • Like x 3
  14. ErnieB Loyal Player

Even though i didn't mentioned it, doesn't mean I didn't take into account what you believe average is, problem is that if a player that's active every day for say 8 hours but be in a 12 player league, will still be bellow a player that might play 3 hours but be in a 36 player league, simply because of the size of the league and not the amount of effort they put into the game. Don't know if you understand me, but that's how. I see this as being.
  15. TrueOlympus New Player

it resets every month
    • Like x 1
  16. BoDyBaGz Well-Known Player

The problem with this is, why should our 8 have to work harder than someone with 16? A league with more players gains easier than one with less. If my 8 people do 10 raids each at their CR, they'll gain 32000 prestige. If a league with 16 people does 5 raids each at their CR, they'll gain 32000 prestige. Now, the same amount of prestige is earned, but guess who worked harder for it? The group of 8 players did, because they had to do double the work to earn the same amount of prestige.

Didn't you just say that, "those who put more into the game get more out of it"? Because I'm not seeing that with this prestige system.
    • Like x 4
  17. Echo Blue Committed Player

I tried this, all 200 yellow circles filled with something, anything. Do you know what my lair looked like? It looked like an episode of Hoarders, it was terrible, I had to break stuff just to get to my generator. So I had to remove about 50 items to make a foot path. But I followed your advice and made up for it with Duo's, I completed two of them and .3085 through the third one I asked to be excused.

In all sincerity though, thanks for the adjustments. My window to play the game is about 2 - 2.5 hours a day, not every day though. I don't always get to join up with my league mates for 4 and 8 man runs and, as most would agree, running with PUG's can try your patience at times. But, I can easily accomplish the number of instances which you recommended above. So it's good to know that I can contribute my fair share in the minimal playing time that I have.

Do you recieve the full allotment of prestiege even if you don't run through an 8 man raid/operation from the beginning? For instance, when I que for A&B (Assault & Battery) I usually come in at the final boss fight.
  18. Hraesvelg Always Right

Prestige is given only from the final boss fight. You should be golden.
    • Like x 1
  19. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

I think we the player base need to unionize and fight the power whos with me?
  20. 6000Degree New Player

About this, Last Cycle Prestige has been fixed to 0 since 1st August, how will it impact next prestige statuaries?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.