My Review - Halls Of Power Part 1

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Helios The Eternal Flame, Aug 27, 2014.

1. lRiCk New Player

I enjoyed the dlc very much!! However, my only complaint is that there aren't that many new locations. For example, we got 3 new raids and they are all in parts of necro and the league. Same with alerts. Just adding metro and oolong. But other than that, everything was fantastic.
  2. ermike Committed Player

True. However, the "some" u refer to are the "most" in my circle. I do not pug and if I cant get a full league run call upon friends like the OP. Pugging in this game is bad business. There is nothing in this game worse then bad dps.. thats what pugging is to me. Just my opinion tho. I do agree with OP that this dlc is very good. I just fear for the longevity especially with destiny otw.
  3. Drakonicus New Player

Even if you take everyone you know in the game, thats still a very small % of the total pop. And the longevity of the game is fine. Destiny doesnt mean anything. There is aways a new game coming up. People leave, people start, people come back.
    • Like x 1
  4. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

I know. There's a reason that I didn't mention that in my review. Until the PS3 goes away, recycled locations are here to stay. That's just the way it is. I applaud the Dev team for continually freeing up space to try to add new things but, at some point we will hit the cap. We seem to be almost there. I didn't mention that in my review because I didn't want this to turn into a bash PS3 thread because it's not. I say it all the time : The very thing that kept us alive for so long is now killing us. So, if you are on a PS3, please don't come on the forums begging for new stuff, when your system can't handle the old stuff. Furthermore, if you're on the PS4, stop coming on the forums blasting the Dev's when, at the moment, their hands are tied because of the archaic technology. The change over will happen, however it must be organic and not forced. Until that time, it's recycle time ! Under the circumstances they're not doing bad at all actually. Wow,.....I sound like a fanboy. NOT COOL !
    • Like x 2
  5. Drakonicus New Player

Not to mention that, with their crazy production schedule, a "recycle" map allow then to focus on more content. Awesome review btw. Honest and constructive.
    • Like x 2
  6. ermike Committed Player

Oh I know.. I dont believe destiny will kill the game.. but its definitely gonna be quiet for a while.. I just see a lot of the top tier leagues whose players dont have much to grind anymore taking a break for. While. This dlc content wise was awesome but lacked longevity feat wise or gear wise.
    • Like x 1
  7. Drakonicus New Player

They would, if they havent done something that was meant to be done once a week, 2,3 times a day. And no matter what the devs do, nothing can change that.
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

From a structural standpoint, HOP1 has been very enjoyable. Matter of fact the only issues that come to mind are in regards to the overall direction of this game, not the content that was introduced in this DLC.
  9. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Thanks Drak.....
    • Like x 1
  10. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

The amount of content is good. However it is really boring and unchallenging. Why? Because people could solo heal the t6 raids the day they came out, Tanks have no problems getting beaten, and then things got worse with the rise of solo controllers! The boss HP is good, but that does not make it challenging. The boss' should be punishing with multiple AoE's, Etc. They are to predictable. I rate this DLC 7/10, it could of been a 9/10 if it was somewhat more challenging.

DLC's have been lacking ever since OC came out. OC was the best DLC ever! And now DLC's are just a walk in the park. I saw a thread earlier about a guy ranting that at t4 he had around 1800 restoration and in t6 he has around 7000 now. Why the big jump in stats!? We have become to OP for the current content.
    • Like x 2
  11. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

7/10.

- The boss fights are too underwhelming to be taking as long as they are.
    - The mechanics are very, very weak in all but 3-4 boss fights.
    - STILL nothing for controllers to do
    - Too monotonous. Its the same things over and over and over because of how long the boss fights are.
    - Lockdown is way too easy.
  12. Green Lantern New Player

I really liked this DLC. I thought the difficulty was right where it should be. Not super difficult but not super easy, either. Something that can be challenging for a wider variety of player.

The only thing I hated was the Mantis fight. Just really annoying and monotonous in my opinion. Also, I wasn't a big fan of the drop rate in the raids but once I stopped replaying the raids and just focused on the vendor gear I no longer cared.
    • Like x 1
  13. xRI0Tx Well-Known Player

All I wanted was another raid with comparable difficulty to paradox or fos2. Lockdown did not deliver.. I think the rest of the content is scaled well to be very pug friendly and that's fine. I understand the game needs that, but sadly I'm just going through the motions again.. Feels like the right time to walk away from the game honestly. 4/10
  14. warpax New Player

like the review, but i still think ur grade is too high. and you are only pointing out the good things, wich i dont mind, but if you are doing a review you should do it better.

the concept of the content with solos/mission excluded from the dlc, makes the prgoress much faster. since the 80% of the content is not hard getting those feats/max gear is not an issue. myself without replaying any raids or alerts am almost done with this dlc within 1month (feats included).

since i skiped the AF dlc i do have some extra feats and missions to do there, but alot of ppl just log in on thursday do the raids,...and then it's empty for the rest of the weak.

the gear drop ratio i like in the raids, it's not easy to get raid gear. i only got 1-3 pieces per my toons on aprox 10 raids per toon.
    but the stat diferential between the vendor and raid gear is too low to keep ppl replaying or farm the gear. and the content itself does not require any good gear for that matter. especaly if you are a support role.
    the bosses hit really low, i shouldnt be able to tank every raid in this game with vestments gear and 50sp. and with healer not really breaking a sweat. there is alot of targeted dmg on the rest of a group. but there is no challange for a tank in this raid. the high hp pools and low dmg still make alerts exluding healers from group.
    they should make raids hit harder, so you would need that alert gear do enter them, not jsut skip gear and content, and then go back to do it just for feats.
    "op" drops noone really cares about anymore, cuz it's just pure luck, you can do the raid 100 times and still not get it wich imo is really bad. why not jsut let ppl get it after completing lockdown 100 times-like a feat reward?. that would motivate you more to play it.
    why not make feats give you style/gear rewards jsut as collections or missions or promethium keys endless possibilites depending on the feat dificulty?

this dlc heavely favors 1day a week player.
    the Symbols of power ratio to marks of fury is bad aswell. even if you do AF content everyday together with HoP you still wont be able to keep the 2:1 ration that the price is on the vendor.

i give 3.5/5 to this dlc.
    • Like x 1
  15. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Thanks for feedback guys. As I stated, the mechanics of our high-end content content needs some work, no doubt. That is an area that needs improving upon. That being said, what was presented in DLC 11 did not in any way make the content less fun for me or my league. Could it be better. Sure. But it really is a great DLC. Necro and Artifacts have the perfect difficulty for our community. Lockdown could have been a little harder, however, I still don't think the majority of the community is beating it the way we are. I would love to get Mepps and Spytle to give us the data on that. Next time they need to step it up. Once we get better mechanics, which involve role specific objectives and boss-fight interactions, the boss fights will go to the next level. However, I can't allow that to in any way diminish the great product we have.
  16. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

I respect your opinion, but that it way too low. I loved,....absolutely loved OC. However, in my opinion, DLC 11 is a better, more balanced, well-rounded DLC. Lockdown could have been more difficult, but it's still great nonetheless. If you are no longer having fun, then maybe it is time to take a break or walk away. Yet I feel DLC 11 delivered. Nevertheless, we still need an expansion to supplement the DLC content we get. THAT will breathe new life into the game. A DLC will never be able to do that.
  17. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Appreciate your input. When a person reviews a product, they have to be objective. They have to take their opinion or deeply entrenched feelings out of it. They must be able to look at the product for what it was able to accomplish, and not just what they think would make it better. That is honestly what makes most reviews trash. The reviewers often let personal opinion cloud the process. No one on these forums have been more critical of the Devs than me. Ok, maybe Circe, but that's beside the point. I'm no fanboy. Nut I must acknowledge that they did a good job.

What most of us fail to consider is that, since FTP, this game has favored 1 day a week players. There is no, and I repeat NO DLC that will cause people who are casual to dedicate more time to the game. Even when OC came out, only a handful of us put in the work to beat Nexus and DOX in months 1 and 2. As much as I loved it, the reality is that we only make up a small minority. Those casual players actually stopped logging in at all.....LOL. It's sad but true. It sickens me to think the Son's of Trigon actually brought people back to the game. That DLC did nothing for me and most of the high end-game players. While it was beautiful from a visual standpoint, I personally hated it. That DLC almost chased me away. While I agree that Lockdown could have been harder, it's a great raid. But, your right it could have been harder.

What we need, and I will keep saying it, is an expansion. No DLC, will ever set things right. Even if they made Lockdown harder, we would eventually beat it. That's what we do as high end game players. Beat stuff. But an expansion would give us more to explore and accomplish, while getting new raids and SM's. Thanks for your expressions though.
  18. xRI0Tx Well-Known Player

I agree. For the majority of the community this was a truly great dlc. My rating is a reflection of how I felt about the dlc, not about the rating it deserves on how it benefits the community as a whole. The environments were nice and the new gods is one of my absolute favorite parts of the DC universe.

But unfortunately I felt it was light on mechanics, and maybe there was simply too much hype from the dev team that wrecked lockdown for me. Targeting content difficulty for the dev team is a challenge because at this point they are only trying to see how difficult they can make a raid while still front loading replays.

I truly do respect your opinion and you do make some valid points. I think I simply all into a dying section of the community, and yes I do think it is time to walk away.
  19. RlVER Well-Known Player

I agree on most points with the exception to the mechanic thing. All 8 man stuff has original mechanics, whether it is stopping to bosses fro getting a power up, or Jailing Mantis/Kalibak. Those are original mechanics we had not seen before. Plus there is also the Artifact weapons which I have a hard time calling a mechanic but still a new twist none the less. And my favorite part is we finally have a split raid mechanic that you actually have to split for the entire time. Not like FOS2 or Nexus where you kinda fake the split and either backtrack or warp.
    • Like x 1
  20. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I'm fine with the difficulty, but not fine with how it was provided. Like you said, we need better mechanics to take boss fights to the next level.

In Necropolis specifically, it's like watching paint dry. There is NOTHING you're doing as a group for a majority of the raid unless your tank allows the boss to get immunity. You just sit there and burn. No environment effects, nothing to pull to a certain location, no switches or tubes to burn down, nothing.

This DLC is below OC and Battle for Earth for me. It's okay. Nothing "wowed" me and it didn't have enough mechanically to make me maintain interest. Everything was beaten first try with the exception of lockdown, which was beaten in under an hour on our second try.