Why does everyone care so much about nonsense?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RlVER, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Jamie New Player

So who are you that gets to decide what the rest of us feel are real issues that impact the quality of the game? We may not agree what a real issue is but we should all be able to agree that we should be able to post our views about DCUO on the official DCUO forums.
  2. Negative Man Level 30

You don't understand why people care and complain about such things but your post looks like a complaint about complaints... so aren't you just propagating the complaining about useless things by uselessly complaining?
    • Like x 3
  3. Petralka Well-Known Player

This thread make no sense whatsoever :confused:
  4. Kharhaz Committed Player

A little nonsense now and again brings sense as its companion.
    • Like x 1
  5. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Because we are a nation of stupid people who know more about what the kardashians are doing than we do about our constitution, I blame the public schools and the PC generation.
  6. Negative Man Level 30

what do you mean "we"
    • Like x 1
  7. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Fill in your countries name at "we"
  8. Valsmurf Loyal Player

i have a better question, can you please help me answer?

9. Negative Man Level 30

I never cared for generalizations such as the use of we when it comes to a nation as it's filled with individuals each with their own interests. I for one don't know what a kardashian even is or where to buy one.
  10. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Thats special! Thanks for sharing :)
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Oh dear boy, if only it was that simple :)

The trouble with DPS heavy raids is that they are the normal, accepted and standard way to run content. Try convincing your friends who don't agree with your beliefs or PUGs who don't want to that you're running a balanced group and you'll see for yourself it's not that simple.

The community doesn't want to run 2-2-2-2. The reason it doesn't want to run 2-2-2-2 is because not only is it slow and painful to do so, but not a single piece of content, past, present or future requires it. I have a problem with that.

The problem I have with that is that if a group doesn't need 2 tanks to distribute the damage, 2 healers to keep the tanks/group alive and 2 controllers to keep everything powered, debuffed etc. then the content isn't hard enough. I don't know about you, but I play games to be challenged. If I didn't play games to be challenged, I'd play FarmVille, The Sims, Rollercoaster Tycoon and other "Sit back and chill" type games.

Another problem I have with the game being too easy is that the raids are usually much easier or at least on par with the 4 player content. They even take about the same time, sometimes even less, to complete. Yet they reward double the marks and now-a-days have a chance to drop the absolute best gear you can get your hands on in the game. What this does is degrades the entire foundation of the game and in some cases, players ignore everything except the raids in order to gear up.

In reality, what should be happening is the "game" part of DCUO is the non-8 player content. You run the non-8 player content first to gear up. Then you take your shiny new gear into the raids and try it out and see if you can beat the challenge. Only then, once a player has beaten said challenge does that player deserve a piece of the very best.

But until they sort out the difficulty, DPS will continue to be stacked, the game will continue to be easy and the rest of the game will continue to degrade as lazy game play is nurtured.

Basically, there's more to this problem than personal preference, not to mention that if it was as easy as just not running a stacked DPS group, then I think we'd do it. It's not like anyone who wants balanced groups to become the standard haven't thought of just not running with >2 DPS. Most of us aren't stupid, you know.
    • Like x 1
  12. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I agree. You may fine yourself becoming a "quitter" because you just left three groups in a row. Why, because they were most (if not all) in DPS roles. You technically, should not tell them to switch roles considering that is what they want to play (or have the most experience with). So you either sit there and have the mission done for you, continuously fail the mission (if the group can't get through it) or leave.
    • Like x 1
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

sadly i cant, the video is not available in my country.
  14. RlVER Well-Known Player

This was the point of my post. Play the game in a way that you enjoy the most. I happen to enjoy the game and the "freedom" that someone mentioned earlier just as it is. But people whine about how other people do their content, instead of just doing it their own way.
  15. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

I'm USPC Villain side. You could spend half an hour if your under level 30 in ANY class waiting in que for something to happen. Over level 29 at any cr less than 100 you could be waiting half an hour depending on the time of day. There just isnt enough trolls. Multiple characters and multiple classes seems to be the answer for me and I pug alot as well as play with league any chance I get.
  16. Mrik Tros New Player

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or telling me I'm wrong.
    The point of my post was that certain types of people actively hamper the ability of others to enjoy the game.
    Whether it's a pug who tries to strongarm the group majority, or an elitist that actually wants the devs to make it impossible for a new player to catch up to end-game, these are legitimate issues.
    I believe you are over simplifying the topic.