Bane is fake

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by SevereLouis, Aug 27, 2014.

1. SevereLouis New Player

I legend everyday and see a bane get at least 8 kill in a 5v5... not like they won the match :eek:, but i got bane today and transformed twice and still hit low. At the end of the match i went 1-5....
    I never go 1-5 with any character.
    What am i doing wrong?
  2. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Video would be useful to see what you are doing wrong/right.
  3. Ancient nemesis New Player

As blink said probably should upload a video.
    Probably not using venom clap, jump cancelling your roar and utilizing your rock properly. Are you on uspc? We could do a bane mirror match. Give you some pointers if you like. Bane is my best.
  4. FameYack Committed Player

Bane is fake... But Superman is the real one, right?
  5. KillshotX Well-Known Player

I hate to say this, but your posting a very misleading title. Kills are based on how much damage you do to the opponent as compared to your team mates. Maybe if your team won in deathmatch, you aren't putting out as much damage as your team mates.
    • Like x 1
  6. DaiKaiJu New Player

I want to help but -
    1. I/We have no idea what it is what you are doing wrong since we can't see your play style..........
    2. Your title is crap................ I feel like you really could have choose a better title... Just what does this have to do with bane being fake?

Just do more damage to one character instead of trying to chip at all of them...........
    Other than dat, go no idea how to give you any advice.
  7. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

whenever you get a new legend... it is like a test or quiz back in school...you have to study its combos and powers and practice.... most i have Circe as my main legends an i am beast with her: In a 5v5? about 10-12 kills:D
  8. SevereLouis New Player

Going to upload a video of how crap i am with him soon. I'm just not using him because he cause me to lose and low farm rate for mark of legends.
  9. SevereLouis New Player

Yes i am USPC On mostly 24/7
  10. Sabigya Steadfast Player

If you can log on now I could prob see how you play.
  11. SevereLouis New Player

Alright
  12. KillshotX Well-Known Player

Actually bane is like the Ryu from streetfighter of DCUO. A good beginner character. He has decent health, decent powers, a good dot and an sc that heals and increases his health and critical chance.

In final form or second form he is like Evil Ryu. You probably need to improve by learning the basics of brawling combos and how his powers work. Shorter combos by Bane actually is better at times as he can do quite decent damage with short combos clipped into powers, along with his dot.

Bane is good in in all areas such as 1v1 all the way up to 8v8. Almost all his powers are aoe and he is a top tier legend. Knowing how each power works, where and when to use them will be your first step to realizing the potential of the character along with being good at brawling.
  13. SevereLouis New Player

Yeah, That's what i'm going to do. My blocking is predictable and i tomorrow i'll start spamming 1v1 because i want to understand how to do clipping and punishment, but i don't even know the first step on how to do it.I won't be using bane, but will be using cat woman . I tried looking through the forum to read on it and youtube.At the end i could not understand how a person block break me with out right click....Sabigya
    said it's clipping, but how do one clip?
    Well-Known
  14. Abisial Committed Player

There is a small delay in the block breaking times which is why people can knock you over even when you stop
  15. SevereLouis New Player

Let's say i'm blocking how do i know if the enemy will fall. Sometimes i block and the dude is meleing me and he still don't fall.
  16. Abisial Committed Player

After a few meele hits or one of his hard meeles
  17. Gotcha Girl Well-Known Player

Abisal is right but to be specific, 3 hits in succession or a hold move (hard melee) will cause your opponent to fall if you're blocking.
  18. KillshotX Well-Known Player

Catwoman is not as good beyond 2v2 as she lacks aoe damage. She's also alot harder to pickup as compared to bane. Blockbreaking requires right hold on all attacks, it can be clipped to not show animation if done fast enough. Do blockbreak and use a power at the same time to clip it.
  19. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

I think most people missed out on the key sentence in your post here to be honest, "i got bane today".

If it only took less than 1 day to master a legends toon then legends would be boring as hell.
    The real bit of advice you need here is this, have PATIENCE. 1 day 1 Is waaaay too short a time to be complaining that a legends toon is "fake" or bad. The real reason others are doing well with bane and you are not is simply because they took the time to practice with bane and you have not. Just because you might be used to brawling weapons doesnt mean you should automatically be good with a brawling legend.

"Practice makes perfect" man, so go and actually Practice.
    • Like x 1
  20. Lawlessworlddc New Player

Sorry to break it to you pal. But in legends, there will always be someone that's gonna dominate the character your using.

Plus in a 5v5 arena..... Judging by your 1-5... Losing team, you aren't gonna do much.