New powers confirmed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Davis, Aug 15, 2014.

1. SinestrosTaken New Player

Whoopsie daisy. My bad lol.
  2. Careerpancakes New Player

3. John Brawler Committed Player

normal rings aren't programmed other then finding someone with a strong will for green, ability to cause fear for sinestro, hope for blue, rage and desire for revenge for red, and villains who feel no compassion for indigo. however deputy rings are cloned from existing rings with preset programming for it's intended wielder aswell as it's abilities, so the wielder of the cloned ring (usually the leader of the corp) makes the ultimate decision of who it goes to and what they can do.
  4. ToxicReaction New Player

Just want to say that Munitions is a horrible idea for a power.
    It's Gadgets with a Bazooka.

Powers that would be Better than Munitions
    Water
    Shadow
    Metal
    Shape Shifting (beast boy, not the sorc stuff)
    Demonic
    ...pretty much anything else

Those who were hoping for Water to get announced. The dev's said they want to put Water in the game but due to the ps3 they can't put the graphics they want for the powerset in game. Once they can get the graphics they want for the power they will put it in game. Atleast thats what was heard.
  5. nutterz72 Active Player

Munitions sounds boring. But I'm not a guns/bombs/gadgets person. Atomic sounds ok. I'd rather see it has a control rather than a heal. Like another game that is no longer in existence, they had radiation and was a super debuffer, limiting dmg output of mobs, making them choke, make them miss frequently, etc...Serums, no comments, just sounds weird.
  6. TheWhiteFace New Player

Well so far it doesn't make perfect sense. I have faith in the writers that they will be creative, unpredictable, and change a few things about what we know in terms of the DC Universe.
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Just want to say how about you wait and see what it actually looks like before making snap judgments based on a name alone?
    • Like x 1
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

Same thing was said about Celestial and look what happened.
  9. Dark Light New Player

I agree, munition and serum are terrible ideas I think the following should be powers.

-Water
    -Wind
    -Shadow
    -The other lantern power rings
    -Metal/Steel
    -Rubber
    -Shrink/Grow
    -Smoke
    -Neon
    -Magnets
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

Looks like you just listed a bunch of elements for the sake of it. Smoke and Neon ? Yeah sounds right :rolleyes:
  11. SinestrosTaken New Player

Deputy rings arent the real thing tho. I agree but i dont really think you can count them

Oh i agree. Im a huge fan of comic books and am sure the writers may come up with something in the future. Heck at first rage was purely evil now its a little more neutral. But as it stands hope=good
    If they add hope i wonder wat the villain power would be. Orange maybe? But thats too construct oriented, hm, beats me.
  12. Careerpancakes New Player

They (smoke and neon) are powers in the other superpower game Infamous second son
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

I know, didn't you get the ":rolleyes:" ?
  14. TheWhiteFace New Player

The Orange Lanterns would be an awesome choice! The Orange Lantern Lex Luthor looked sicked at SOE Live. I think we need at least one more lantern power that really puts emphasis on the constructs. Preferably Hope. but hey- I wouldn't mind seeing the Orange Lanterns.
  15. Careerpancakes New Player

nope
  16. SinestrosTaken New Player

Oh yeah what i meant by construct oriented is that larfleez, aka agent orange, is the first and (mostly) only orange labtern but he is too greedy to share its power (orange is greed), therefore he uses constructs to create his corps. The whole orange lantern corps are constructs.
    Wouldnt that be cool? An entire power base entirely focused on creating pets, buffing them and creating small construct tentacles (as shown in comics) to pull enemies towards you and such. That would be awesome Larfleeze FTW

[IMG]

^See theyre all constructs, cept for larfleez
    • Like x 1
  17. Cirocband New Player

Ice is water. :). Atomic would make a nice tank power or healer.

Why couldn't they make Wind for a tank power? Then they would have Fire, Earth, Ice (water), and Air.
  18. SinestrosTaken New Player

Why do people say Atomic should be tank? The two are completely different imo. Plus it might just end up even more of a fire copy if its tank.
  19. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

With the picture from SOE Live, SS and orange seem to be the next ones. Purple for heroes and orange for villains, since wonder woman and lex were used in the image. Since white and black are too OP for the game, that just leaves Hope and Compassion (Indigo). Even if Compassion was entirely hero, there's no way you can make Hope entirely villainous. If Hope enters the game, it's gonna have to be a both sides power. And compassion as a both sides power? I'm not sure one way or the other because you can't have Compassion be an entirely villain power either.
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

What? Are you saying Star Sapphire and Orange are the next powers? No. Star Sapphires and Orange Lanterns are part of the storyline for the next DLC. We are not getting SS and OL powers.