surviving the hack

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mazarati, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Twilight Man New Player

Wow @ already starting with the attempts to get the old feat and mask...

[IMG]

• Like x 2
  2. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

well said.
  3. Fenrir New Player

I think this thread is a perfect demonstration of how much the majority of the playerbase who wasn't around during the 2011 hack want a batman style cowl. Its not that they want the exact mask we got in 2011, otherwise they would ask for the two face mask as well. They just want the opertunity to have access to a helm that ACTUALLY looks like a batcowl.

Their only real options are the daring vigilante bathing cap and the t2 alien head-helm.

IMO the DCUO team needs to mock up a different batman style helm and stick it on the marketplace. That way everyone wins. That way the forums won't be clogged with people expressing their interest for something that will already be in the game, SOE makes some money, and our mask stays exclusive. Done.
    • Like x 2
  4. The Doctor Loyal Player

In all seriousness, they don't really owe us anything for the downtime. This isn't similar to the most recent downtime where they just plain forgot to pay their internet bill. This was a malicious attack which has officially been taken too far with the airline situation. Let just calm the hell down and try to do the unthinkable, be patient.
    • Like x 9
  5. Mazarati Active Player

I was actually on back then... I was not granted my skill point and mask, I was an active player. Ive had tge same character since beta. I have been playing since day1.
  6. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Stop complaining about it here... we can't do anything about it.
    Get some proof together and contact SoE support.
    • Like x 2
  7. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

I actually hope they never release a Batman Cowl. I like to make fun of the sad BOOTLEG batman iconics running around in the watchtower. And YES, I have the cowl.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mazarati Active Player

First please read and understand what im saying before u make a dumb comment.

1 this was not a complaint. 2 this is a suggestive thread.

Ive opened a ticket about this, and was told they would look into it. Me being a good gamer I dont press the issue unless its big.

This go around I made a suggestion, that it would be nice if they offered it again.
  9. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

--------------------------------------------------------

Nope.... sounds like complaining to me.:rolleyes:
    If you're already entitled to the 50 point feat and the Cowl... only SoE support can help you.

If I was entitled to that gift I would have made darn sure I got it in 2011...
    It's 2014... you must not have wanted that bad if you're just checking into it because of today's event.

At any rate, I agree with Quantum Edge on this .... and any gift to players from SoE shows that the criminals won.
    Legendary players may be entitled to a 1 day membership extension, but that's it.
    • Like x 3
  10. KidMidnight Loyal Player

maybe we can get a feat for trying to log on 500 times in one night...
    • Like x 1
  11. Battle Hamster Active Player

Really, dude? Whining for "compensation" when it hasn't even been one day yet? And no, your "off day" is not ruined by this attack. You chose to ruin it. I am 100% certain that if you tried hard enough, you could have found something else to occupy your time.
    • Like x 2
  12. Lawlessworlddc New Player

2012''
  13. Mazarati Active Player

really? where did i complain that DCUO (SHOULD) give us something ? i suggested that it would be nice (To) get something. That is not complaining when you suggest something. I complained that on my day off, i could not play. you guy's quoted my replies, and did not really read them through, you basically assumed im complaining that we are entitled to some reward.

please highlight where i complained that we are entitled to a reward.......

that only complaint i made was in a reply, pertaining to the fact that i get limited play due to work. And, that they only day im off to enjoy the game i cannot.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mazarati Active Player

im sorry im using the swipe function on my phone, some words are getting auto corrected to the next word.
  15. Little Sister New Player

2011*
  16. Lawlessworlddc New Player

You may be right.... all i know is i and many of my friends were morphing around for a month...
  17. Awesome Barney Well-Known Player

Just one day off and asking for things we got when we had downtime from begin april till 15 mei 2011??
  18. Awesome Barney Well-Known Player

More then one month :(
  19. Fenrir New Player

I don't necessarily think that people are after compensation for the hack as much as they are after the batman inspired mask specifically, as its been the only item brought up so far.

All that does is highlight a gap in this games inventory that has been danced around for a while, being batman related mask styles.

In regards to choice currently, players who didn't get the mask have access to a number of unquestionably poor alternatives and are then told to "suck it up" by those of us who were lucky enough to "earn" (sit around the watchtower while watching eps of community like I did" the item.

If you look past the surface of the thread before being quick to jump aboard "lets bad mouth people who complain about the hack" train you will see its not reimbursement people are after. :p

Just my take.

Please don't shoot.
    • Like x 1
  20. Awesome Barney Well-Known Player

And i quote the OP: "I'm having Deja vu from 2011. Will we be granted the Surviving the hack feat? and receiving the special batman helmet?"

Just for a day outage... not a month or longer!