Nature Buffs Requested

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Sore, Aug 20, 2014.

1. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Wrong. A WM loadout with Shield and full Precision build will DPS circles around DOT-DPS, whatever the content. And by that I mean - it will be slightly better - they're both very much "meh", when compared to an actual top-tier powerset.

The only situation where DOT have the upper hand are failed raids - especially with a bad tank - where long WM combos get often interrupted, so constantly ticking Might damage is helpful while I'm dodging lunging adds and bosses. In a decent run (and the new raids take between 15min for Necro to around 30-40min for Lockdown) - DOTs are a waste of time and effort.

Or perhaps you have any links to any videos of "beast" DOT-stacking Nature DPS topping the score during a Necro speed feat? I'd love to see that.
  2. Lightws Dedicated Player

Most people who say they have BEAST nature dps are against bad any power dps just saying lol.
  3. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Yes - and they don't get a speed feat in Necro. Maybe when fully geared in lv94s and with a 5-1-1-1 raid. But I'd still have to see it to believe it.
  4. BoDyBaGz Well-Known Player

Don't worry Crappy I'll leave this link here for the uninformed.
    This run was sloppy, we burned 95 percent of the adds, had minimal group synergy, and Crappy was not full 94. People in this run could have improved, I mean I wasn't even running GE which would have made the burn quicker, but the fact is no matter what would have changed in the group Crappy would have still been on top.

Crappy is an extremely good Dps who knows his power very well and a lot of people on USPS and even USPC know this. Nature is one of the best top tier powers when enemy health is high and stays top tier when a monster Dps utilizes the power well. Until you show us your videos showing otherwise please don't argue and try to degrade people who obviously know the power better than yourself.
    • Like x 3
  5. Radium Devoted Player

I ain't even gunna lie, almost poetic how you had that video ready to go lol
    • Like x 4
  6. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Fine. So you - barely - made a speed feat with 5-1-1-1 raid, with a DOT stacking DPS on top. Congrats. I'm not even going to ask you what "not full 94" means (missing 1? 2? 7? pieces) or what powersets/CRs/SP other DPS were, or whether they were all popping Flex/Nitro Soders. I don't particularly care. You've proved that Necro speed feat is even easier than I thought. With 5 DPS (even though some of them were under-performing and/or undergeared - as you mentioned) and competent support.

I have every right to "argue" (or "express opinion" to us non-totalitarians) on public forums - I don't need to be a youtuber for that, I'm sorry to have to inform you. Sure - a lot of people know who CrappyHeals is - it's the guy who was creating threads on forums, not 3 months ago, crying about how totally underpowered Nature was going to be. Now - apparently he learned how to use Nature's DOTs a bit, found some players below his level to run with and thinks it's great. Fine - happy for him.

Nature is OK as a DPS (which is what I claimed from the beginning of the whole dispute, around GU36) - but just OK and there is nothing particularly "awesome" about its "awesome mechanic" - when compared to the actually OP powers. DOTs can barely keep up with Prec-based WM - in competent hands - at the best of times. I don't need you to believe me. Unless I'm mistaken this thread is mainly requesting buffs for Nature DOT DPS - and made by Sore, who I'd wager many players know and respect. So you and Crappy can tell me that Nature is top-tier and DOTs are OP all you want. Between what I'm seeing in the game and reading on forums - I know who's expertise I'm betting on.

Have a good day.
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Funny you say that..If you look at the score card you will see nature does very well in the new raids. The dps of the other dps's was even average with all the other vids of speed runs i've seen so you can't even say they were not good. And i beat them all by a million and some by 2 million. And if you think a serpent call voracious setup can beat what i used in the vid lol at you!

8. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

If you look at all the dps scores at the end of my vid and compare them to other vids like Kaiser, Brittany or any others that are on youtube all the dps are just about the same number. Even the lowest dps in my vid was higher then some others low man so you can't even say they were bad players. I'm not saying im the best or anything like that at all but 5.9 mil is the highest dps score for that run that i have heard of or seen and it came from a nature dps.

And if you say the other dps were bad and nature is also bad i shouldn't have been able to get that much dps no matter how good or bad the others were or get the speed feat on top of it. The only reason it was kinda slow was we were trying to kill most of the adds instead fly past them all.

What you see on the forums and in game lol the forums and game are filled with players that are not to good so of course your going to hear and see alot of bad nature dps's along with every other power. Some people just don't know how to get the best out of nature.

And no matter how you look at it i put out 5.9 mil in a 15 run with no wipes. That sounds pretty good to me....
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

nevermind i can't write that lol
    • Like x 1
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

That was just to funny, I can't stop laughing!! haha!!
  11. BoDyBaGz Well-Known Player

Now you are going to degrade others even further by saying the speed feat is even easier than you thought. :confused: Just because I said people could have done better in areas doesn't make the feat any less of a achievement. None of the players in that run were "below his level", at least 5 people in that run have played this game for a long time and are very good at their roles.

You know, your post is exactly what is wrong with these forums. People come on here claiming they know what they are talking about but have no proof, and when asked to provide some they clam up and pretend they don't need to because they are excellent players. I'm sorry but if you are going to make a statement you better be able to back it up with proof.

My biggest problem with your opinion is the fact that you think DOTS need to keep up with WM. Any decent DPS knows that using one or the other will result in terrible damage. Currently, as Crappy can/has demonstrated, Nature's DOTS plus WM can way more than keep up. If you buff Natures Dots you will only further increase the amount of damage a great DPS like Crappy can do and you know what the end result will be? Mediocre nature DPS will get better because the power will be made easier through an unneeded buff to their DOTS and great nature DPS like Crappy will straight destroy on the scoreboard and the cries for a nerf will echo through the forums as they have many times before.

Now I have proven that Nature CAN do great damage with DOTS and WM. Please show me proof of it being mediocre and getting beat terribly in the hands of a good DPS.
    • Like x 1
  12. RoyalServant New Player

I can see where you're coming from.

But the the am power return is intended to bring AM playstyle closer in line with WM that uses no power. As it stands having power return for DoT setup abilities and restricting it to a specific order renders it useless for most of the game. I'm not sure how the power return mechanic can allow a "play from tray" style and not reduce the need for a troll giving power. But either way, Nature AM accomplishes neither.

Compare it to gadgets. All they need to do is activate "battle awareness" and they are free to use all their DoTs/burst in any fashion they choose. That lessens the need for trolls and it works for all content. (Not just mobs, solos & duos) With nature, to fully utilize the power return we must lunge in, use savage growth, vine lash, briar, swarm and harvest in that order. With very little (almost no weapon attacks) in between. Why?

Thermal absorption/battle awareness offers play style freedom. Natures AM is too restrictive. To make matters worse, last I checked, the power return doesn't even work in wolf form. So if you burst in human, and DoT in wolf form, the AM doesn't benefit you in any way. That doesn't help Nature. I agree, it won't increase damage but my goal was smarter power returns. That's a benefit.

My 2 cents
  13. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Back on topic now lol. I still do think nature can use some improvements. like i said earlier harvest could use a boost in base damage, hitting for 500 with 5k might is ridiculous. Also it would be nice if the escalating might neck mod would get fixed and work with harvest. And some people like to use hivemind over carnage so maybe give hive a crit bonus like carnage. I dont see a problem with that either cause its not like you could use 2 buffs at the same time and get double the crit bonuses one would just override the other.

And serpent call could use a buff to. Its basically shards from sorcery but with garbage ticks. I feel if they made the ticks comparable to shards it would pick up the dps on the serpent-voracious playstyle making it a little more viable for when you had to use it. Or maybe make swarm useable with the WM bonus to give the non poisons loadout a little bump up from where it is now. I dont see it being a problem for swarm to be used because it doesn't crit with wm so i don't think it would be to much at all. Rite now the robot side kick is being use in a non poisons loadout cause theres nothing better to use and it doesn't feel to nature like to me and swarm would fill that spot just great.

I had a few other good ideas but i lost track of them lol I'll post them up later if i think of them.
  14. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Are you serious? If you're on USPS play against a friend of mine and find out if Nature can't compete with other powers. Nature is top tier it's just bad players make it look like it needs more to it. And if you are on USPS add him his in game name is Primal Minor (Not D riding) but he'll show you nature doesn't need anything.
    • Like x 1
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Some people just don't get it man, after all we are on the forums and this place if filled with all A+ players lol
  16. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Lol I rarely sign in on the forums unless I see something extremely stupid or something funny. But today I saw something stupid and just had to say something.
    • Like x 1
  17. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

idk about this one. I don't understand AM v WM all too well (mostly because I don't really understand AM), but the way I was envisioning it was that you could cast them out of order to receive a WM burst, and be able to have a hybrid AM/WM loadout.

ZOMGYes on 3.
  18. Drakonicus New Player

Agree with all 4. Can i make a coment, without hikacking the thread, that i would like similar changes to Eletric too ? Pretty much for the same reason ?

For the record, i dont think this is about "Nature needing help". Its just some fine tweaking.
  19. Stamen Dedicated Player

I agree. I play both Electricity and Nature AM & there is a clear difference. This is of course on top of the fact that neither came close to evening out against my Rage and Sorc loadouts. So...
  20. russ4ua15 New Player

Nature is one of the top five powers ATM. Learn to play
    • Like x 1