DCUO Has Eighteen Million Players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Aug 20, 2014.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

According to John Smedley:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/john-smedley-interview

I know that the devs have said that the game has been growing across all platforms ... but adding seven million registered users in a year (they said 11 million around this time last year) is a crazy huge jump in numbers. I'm both stunned and happy to see the support that the game is getting.

(Caveat: This number of course reflects Registered Users. Some people may download the game once and forget it ... but it's still a huge number. Heck, I don't even want 18 million people all on at the same time. Could you imagine the lag? But I digress...)

Way to go DCUO! :D
    • Like x 19
  2. Solutha New Player

For a F2P game that sounds about right. I'm willing to bet 30%-50% of PS4 owners have downloaded the game. There isn't a lot of games available on the PS4 right now. Its getting better but DCUO being free and available at the start has big a big boost in users. I'm not sure if its counting players who converted over to PS4 twice. Now with all that said I put the user population at 200k-500k across all servers.
    • Like x 2
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Not to mention highest grossing free to play game in PS.
    Ironic in a way.
    • Like x 5
  4. Feenicks New Player

And that's just on PS servers. I wonder what number us PC players add?
    • Like x 1
  5. DCUO Post Loyal Player

That's for PC and PS.
    • Like x 2
  6. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Would probably be the same given that zones and phases limit immediate player population. :p
  7. Feenicks New Player

My bad. Still. That's a lot.
  8. Solutha New Player

Yeah but there is only so much space on the servers. Could you imagine the time it would take to log in. I have been on when the game crashed and came back up to a 1500-3000 log in queue that took 15-20 minutes to log in. It would take a month to log in if you had to wait on 18 million.
    • Like x 1
  9. Aren Sul Committed Player

Yikes! 18 million people asking "how do I get to Metropolis?" ;)

(Although I very happily answer that one every time)
    • Like x 2
  10. David Ivanenko Committed Player

Don't forget about gold sellers; I put at least 3 on ignore every day on USPC.
    • Like x 3
  11. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

.... you don't really believe this do you i would be willing to bet $100 that number is largely due to ps3 players upgrading to ps4

registered users means nothing, the only number that actually matters is active players, aka the number of registered users to login for at least 5 minutes in the last 90 days would be a more true representation of actual players
    • Like x 8
  12. Aren Sul Committed Player

13. realTREDD New Player

this is really promising to hear:D
  14. Elusian Crowd Control

Thats why they ban them so they can create a new account which causes additional acc numbers for free. You know what?...

CONSPIRACY ALERT!!!11

j/k ofc :p
    • Like x 2
  15. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Lag is not the same as login time. lol
  16. Enzan Committed Player

Pretty much what Soulburn said. I'm betting the numbers high due to them taking in PS3 users that upgraded to PS4.
    • Like x 1
  17. Valsmurf Loyal Player

about 10 in uspc villain side :p j/k
    • Like x 1
  18. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

16 Million are from the spam bots that plague this game.

True Story.
    • Like x 3
  19. Errorcode1058 New Player

18 million...and yet only 30-40 people at a time seem to be on PS Villain side at any given moment...except for the few days after a new DLC or update hits.
  20. Solutha New Player

A majority of them are Playstation. About 2-3 mil is PC. Split that between EU and US. Take in account that maybe 10% is still active and heroes having 80% of them. 40-50 at a time sounds about right.