Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Its better for trash killing with WM spont. Wildfire should hit all 8 possible targets if they are reasonably close to each other where inferno might not. The new content inferno seems to be more than enough has there is not huge piles of trash to kill.
    • Like x 1
  2. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Is anyone else worried about cast time powers like fireburst and mass det with this new max damage mod? personally i don't think anyone will be using the AM anymore when that comes out.
    • Like x 3
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

Iv'e stopped using it shortly after we got our AM. The risk in cast times and being interrupted do not match the reward at all. 4k hits on Mass Det ? So much nope.
    • Like x 1
  4. TrueOlympus New Player

5. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

Mass Det and Fireburst will be DOA when gu40 hits.

On average, I do more damage spamming HB's Solar Flare -> Flame cascade (refreshing 60% with Enduring Damage mod + Mass Det after every FW cast) 2.5x in the time it takes to do one SF->MD. My occasional 11-16K hit w/ MD is ruined by the more-than-likely 2-7K hit. I am specced Prec/Might, so it makes more sense for me to use more frequent weapon attacks by clipping FC.

I'll need to test, but I think I'll still be using the AM. Unfortunately it will be very boring: get volatility up, spam clip->FC and refresh FW's might buff. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  6. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I personally am getting excellent numbers with these loudout.
    Fiery Weapon, Mass Det, Fire Burst, Spontanous Combust, Robot sidekick and Inferno.
    WM > Inferno > FW > Weapon COMBO > Fire Burst > Mass Det > WM > Combust and repeat.
    Deals really good damage with the fireburst > mass det and ending it with a combust. I can pretty much hit for around 700-1.2k in fireburst hit on a single target and can hit mass det for 6k on a single target. On 3-4 FB hits for 500ish per tick and mass det hits 2.5k. The Combust can be used a really good move if i am low on power.
    • Like x 1
  7. Stark23 Committed Player

Ran solely AM for the majority of Necro this morning and got left behind. I did hit Inf/FW into WM/SC a few times on some mobs but other than that it was all AM. I'd understand if they'd say it's all about personal preference with WM or AM, but for them to say AM is keeping up with or out-perfoming WM I'm just not seeing it.

The LO and set up - Inf-AH-FB-MD-FW-SC. Inf/FW, AH, FB, and then MD spam. I'd put Inf/FW back up when off cool down and then right back to MD. Any benefit to throwing FB's between MD's or just keep spamming MD?
  8. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

i mentioned this in several topics. all that hard work in the gu for fire is rendered pointless with the very next update. we just got a revamp so i was hoping to lay off the "we need a revamp" statements, but we need a revamp.

im hoping the buff mass det, honestly thats all that needs to be done. at 5k might, no more 5k and under hits
    • Like x 2
  9. TheThud New Player

WM to VC, is huge damage if done properly.
  10. Stark23 Committed Player

I was wondering about this. By done properly do you mean hitting FW immediately after VC?
  11. TheThud New Player

supply drop clipped with dps trinket, wm to inferno clpped with FW, WM combo to VC. The longer the combo, the more the crits.
  12. Stark23 Committed Player

Oh ok, you were talking about the standard prep to supercharging. Not sure if this is a glitch or just a trick but try it out, WM combo into VC immediately followed by FW. If done correctly you can get the WM rings out of it, not sure how it's impacted damage yet though. I've only been able to pull it off a handful of times.
  13. TheThud New Player

You get it anyway, without the sound or animation
  14. Stark23 Committed Player

I'm not sure I follow. It was my understanding that VC couldn't WM crit combo, meaning the rings.
  15. Stark23 Committed Player

Also, will VC overwrite itself? If I have two ready to go can I drop both? I know there's a fire overwrite chart somewhere in this thread I don't remember what page it's on though.
  16. Korlick Loyal Player

What weapon are you using?
    Are you hitting Spont Combustion in the Crit Window from WM?
  17. Sabigya Steadfast Player

, HB > Bow. Yes from the crit window
  18. Korlick Loyal Player

Yes, this is a kick in the nuts to fire users. Again.
    First, they destroyed the power set with the first revamp.
    Then, they completly ignored the tank role while doing some "cool things" to the dps role in the second revamp.
    And now, with the Max Damage Mod they are going to destroy the "cool things" they did in the last Update.

What is the point on running a 60% cast power?
    Nice way to make the Awesome Mechanic worthless. It was already falling behind WM, and after the next Update it will completl forgotten.

So...all we can do is wait for the next Fire Revamp. Maybe this time theyll make it right ( for tank AND dps)
  19. Korlick Loyal Player

Correct me if im wrong...but going with that WM combo+crit window takes too long and you loose the Volatility (so...weaker Mass Det.) from FB, right?
    Or maybe i didnt understad correctly your rotation...
  20. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Not using a WM Combo between FD and mass det Its just a weapon combo. Tap hold and clipped with mass det. Volatility lasts long enough to sneak a non WM combo in.
    • Like x 1