Range loadout for Rage?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ItzMrLeon, Aug 16, 2014.

1. ItzMrLeon New Player

Since I can't melee the new raids without getting one-shotted, does anyone know a good way to range? Dreadful Blast just doesn't cut it for high burn.
  2. Saybro Committed Player

Then you are doing it wrong. Do a search and stop being lazy.
  3. RlVER Well-Known Player

Bloodlust>Plasma Retch(Jump Clip)>Ranged WM combo>Dreadful Blast>Clip third blow with Plasma Retch Repeat.

That is my rotation, I am far from the greatest but I do ok.
  4. ItzMrLeon New Player

New to the forums but thanks for being counter-productive. Anyways, DB has too long an animation to be effective for fast burn compared to Outrage. Any other tips?
    • Like x 1
  5. Shn275 Well-Known Player

This is my range loadout:
    Bloodlust
    Dreadful Blast
    Plasma Retch
    Galling Eruption
    Berserk
    Robot Sidekick

I use One-Handed Weapon Mastery.
  6. ItzMrLeon New Player

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Hopefully after I'm fully geared I can go back to melee.
  7. LivingDeath New Player

You want a great loadout and rotation for rage....... get dual wield first and foremost. Clip galling eruption with bloodlust hit plasma wretch and jump do weapon master into dreadful blatclip the third hit with plasma wretch.

Loadout should be:
    Galling
    Bloodlust
    Beserke
    Plasma
    Dreadful
    Robot sidekick

You want to play for mid to close range and I promise your numbers will be lovely. If youre on USPS hit me up Living Death. We can practice it in game.
  8. Darfii Active Player

My loadout is D.Blast Plasma Retch Bloodlust gailing erruption berserk and infuriate.As trinket supply drop mogo might trinket back up and CC trinket.

Infuriate and Berserk with CC trinket plus the might trinket can hit like a truck for both range and mid-range.
  9. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

I have been running with plasma retch, dreadful blast, robot sidekick, beserk, bloodlust, relentless anger (though I am debating swapping relentless out with galling as it is more useful for melee loadout). Though I am not sure how its damage boost works as it says deals a portion of damage of your outgoing rage combo or weapon attacks. So far I am somewhat undergeared compared to other dps's in t6 (only 1900 almost 2k prec) and I still keep up pretty well.

My rotation has been relentless anger clip bloodlust, WM(Dw>explosive shot), retch, WM, Dreadful blast x3, repeat. The PI stays up for the whole rotation, but I am newer to rage dps and maybe the dot from retch may play better in the middle there as well.
  10. ItzMrLeon New Player

Thanks for the tips guys. Normally, I'd use plasma retch>relentless+bloodlust>WM>outrage and berserk for higher burn. Hopefully when I get full 94 I'll be able to use that combo again.
  11. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Dreadful blast is one of the best range attacks in the game. Just clip the second part of the animation. If you stay at mid range id go GE clipped with BLto PR(jc) wm to DB. Clip the second part of DB with PR and reapeat.
  12. Saybro Committed Player

The exact time it took you to type that you could have typed it into search and found no problem. Plenty of threads on rage. Google also works as well. j/s
  13. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

relentless anger (just incase, plus it gives a damage boost)
    Bloodlust
    ferocity
    infuriate (awesome for those runs with no healer)
    plasma retch
    dreadful blast

essentially u get 4 power ups (2 are self heals), 1 PI and DoT and 1 damage move.

this is a WM heavy rotation that works pretty will for me.

RA can easily be subbed with something else, neo venom maybe..but I like the survivability that I get with RA.

also, I could have sworn berserk only works with melee?
    why is that in anyone's RANGED loadouts?

or am I wrong?
  14. Chewy Stuff Well-Known Player

Zerk is too good of a SC to NOT have on your loadout if you are a DPS. It also does have some (very little) range so that you don't have to melee necessarily. In every instance you will have a chance to get within useable range so when these chances come up you get in close and go all out (IE. Trolls/Healers throw up shields). For T6 raids you are still able to get close to the boss but just look for the tells to roll away.