How DCUO broke my heart...

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by JRsoFLY_123, Aug 15, 2014.

1. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

BE READY FOR A WHIN IF YOU NOT GET OUT LOL

I was hoping so bad for a lantern healer then I found out about the new powers. The next will be atomic. Now I don't know about you guys but am a very STORY based person and very much like to play games for unfolding stories. After making my main and alittle bit of backstory over the 3years I grew out his backstory and then slowly I started to unfold the future story of Sgt Archer. I didn't know the exact path his story would take but I wanted one of his HUGE progression points, that would build him more up to his final strength and prime form, to be him ending up being a healing lantern of some kind. DON'T YOU LEAVE NOW YEAA THIS WHERE THIS GOING AM ABOUT TO RANT!(keep reading it's getting good)After I heard the SOE LIVE information from Vagrant video (great guy by the way) my mouth dropped. I swear a tear blopped out my left eye it didn't even roll down my cheek bone. I blacked out of rage (I really didn't am just being dramatic). The only thing I couldn't wss take a hot shower (no hotspring close by). So tell me how do you all feel about these new powers.
    • Like x 2
  2. RavenSW Well-Known Player

Not sure how to feel, hearing a lot but until I see official notes I will hold judgement. However I am troubled by what I hear regarding Serum tank power. I run a 107 cr Fire Tank, I realize its a challenge and embrace it, but if Serum is getting 150% Health AND Healing buff, along with shields and range pull, it makes life miserable for me, 50% more and nearly double healing bonus is bad enough. I work at being a great tank, more then the other powers have to, but taking fire's ONE advantage, dwarfing it and adding elements fire has trekked without, well thats just heartbreaking
    • Like x 1
  3. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Ranged constructs for healer role or constructs for tank role gif.... not found. :(

I feel.... /drink... are power interactions working as intended now? is anything canceling something else?

Once PI (power interactions) is settled, ok, bother with another power (which is a new animation set. potentially, not certainly. it might be new sprites with new colors coming from existing animations.) *cough* I think new powers sells me on the theory that DCUO has more in common with WarhammerOnline than would have thought. ScheduleScheduleSchedule. bugs? meh. one day we'll sort that out. maybe. The game will have changed by then that we no longer need to sort that out.)

Although, the mention of a new UI has me more hopeful than any other aspect. yeah, it was mentioned at SOE live 2013. Does that have weight? is the UI comintg in 2016? go ahead and spill the beans! DCUOII coming to PC and PS4 in 2016! After 3 new powers prompt several more PS3 hardware failures for special users in hot climates or less ventilated spaces. Plus an ending to a few DLC required stories on this path to never ending Tier progression.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/20/warhammer-online-shutting-down (omg. sticking to schedule and not dealing with gameplay issues can ruin a game over time? /gasp)....Can DC buy out the SOE contract? Are DC sign-offs limiting game growth potential?
    • Like x 1
  4. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

Fire tanks will get what they deserve in another update don't worry..
    • Like x 2
  5. RavenSW Well-Known Player

Hope you are right, after a lot of waiting we got thermal absorption for dps, which I utilized to make a self healing self powering loadout, but still. Also I can't imagine Blue Lantern is truly out, the elements are aleady there, the power's listed at SOE Live, is long term goals from how I interpret, next DLC should be WotL2, which is already close at hand....
    • Like x 1
  6. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

I noticed this pattern and was thinking of making a thread suggestion they put the fixes in one big update instead of over time. Why won't they do it? Because MOST people get bored with DC easy and need something to chew on quick. Meaning they will lose some people and momentarily lose money but what might actually happen is when such a big update happen it might bring back veterans, attract new players, and draw in people that was about to leave. All I know is...if I don't get my healing lantern in at least WOTL part 3 my rage will spike to heart attack like levels.
  7. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

You give me HOPE. But I rather have compassion.
    • Like x 2
  8. DC-Doll New Player

Meh. I feel "meh" I see your points and I sympathize. However we all had a hunch atomic was in the works. Still no Water power. Boo. Then again, every time there's an announcement, somebody gets upset. However honestly, we all will get over it and it'll be okay. Disappointing but the game will be fine. Take weapon mastery for example. People hated it and threatened to leave and then they tried it and liked it. Symbols of Power, we all detested it but it's not that bad. The devs will come through and the game will be fine.
    • Like x 2
  9. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

Yea but all that stuff I LIKED LOL this the one thing I truely hate about the situation given. I won't leave nor do I threaten the devs about leaving but I keep my head up and see what happens. I just didn't know that when I said I was nature4life that it was going to happen lol.
    • Like x 1
  10. DC-Doll New Player

In all fairness, give the powers a shot first. You never know.
    • Like x 1
  11. John Brawler Committed Player

i'm actually excited about serums, it's more then likely the closest thing we're ever gonna get to a physical powerset, and as for how much the buffs are compared to fire, even if it's true odds are serums will mostly be self buffs with nowhere near the amount of active powers as fire, aswell it's probably a passive healing buff during power activity, not a large instant heal.
    • Like x 1
  12. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

Oh believe me I am! I played every power and each role for that power! Am not stopping that personal feat. I'm balancing my work and spending in my head right now for power switches if am gonna make a new character and save 5 to 10bucks etc.
    • Like x 1
  13. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

Hea buddy am talking about that dam Atomic every other power am extremely excited for.
  14. HealerHollidae New Player

Not too upset there's no blue. Don't we have enough lanterns as is?
  15. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I go with the flow. I was also hoping for a lantern healer even though I'm not a big lantern fan. I had a character ready to convert. The new powers sound interesting. Of the 3, I'm mostly likely to make a munitions toon. A military/war inspired seems like a basic that was missing. You kind of had to fudge it with gadgets before. Atomic could be cool too, but I have to wait to see the trees. Serums seems very specific to Bane, but again I have to see the trees.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

Gosh I miss the down vote. Button , :) jk jk jk
  17. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

Lanterns are my 2nd favorite thing in DC comics no lol
    • Like x 1
  18. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

Dark don't be a butt I can always get on right now and beat you up.
  19. Crimson Jonni New Player

I mean 2 powers is alot if you look at it that way. But its certainly not on the scale of the "theres already a million lanterns" bull.
    • Like x 1
  20. Crimson Jonni New Player

Serums seems cool. Idk about atomic, it better look cool